“Crowne Plaza Prague”

Hotel International Prague
Ranked #231 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Friendly but the classic eastern European style building left me with the impression that the Russians and Michael Palin, whose signed photograph is on the 14th floor, left only yesterday.

The hotel is a bit of a treasure but one that very much needs some money and tender loving care thrown at it in the shape of new carpets, paint etc. The rooms are comfortable but I felt as if I was living in a time warp and I would open the door to a world of thirty years ago.

For anyone thinking of enjoying Prague's wonderful sightseeing experience it is really too far away from the castle and the old town. Major roadworks involving the building of a new tunnel mean that a taxi ride is probably about 15 minutes and costs around 500 crowns

The service and friendliness of the staff can't be faulted but they miss small things that elsewhere might be considered obvious elsewhere. As an example at breakfast this morning the milk is at the opposite end of the room from the coffee machine, so I filled a small jug and placed it by the machine, saying to the waitress: 'Isn't that a little easier than sending me all the way over there to put milk in my coffee?"

Would I come back? "Yes" I like it here. Perhaps I'm in love with faded post Soviet nostalgia. It is pleasant, comfortable, the views are fabulous and that orange furniture... Enjoy it while you can because you will never see something like that again outside a Cold War 1970s filmset

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
CPPrague, Front Office Manager at Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear DrMoores,

I am very thankful for you to take your precious time and share your inspiring feedback together with your well-made photos with us and other valued Readers of TripAdvisor.

Your positive words you wrote about us, our rooms and breakfast are much appreciated and are a great motivator for us. Your note of the incident with milk jug has been passed to respective staff to ensure it will not be repeated.

Our hotel and all its interior belong to registered historical monuments, you are very correct about the Cold War reminiscence and I am happy you like the beauty of our architecture and design as much as I do.

We are very proud to we made your stay in Prague a memorable one and we already look forward welcoming you back at the Crowne Plaza Prague.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel International Prague

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Stayed here for two nights when out with friends for easters...and must say it was worth it..
You get what you see....Endearing cozy rooms.... Bonnie interiors.... decent furniture... appetizing breakfast ...
...AND if u feel the location is a problem..let me help u...there is a bus stop ryt across and the tram station to the right...so its convenient too...
...all in all a comfortable stay...worth the little u spend...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Khushboo_Golyan

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for staying with us and your kind review of our hotel.

I was delighted to read that our facilities exceeded your expectations. We are all proud for your appreciation and words of praise, as we are truly happy to make your Easter vacation in Prague a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm greetings from the team at Crowne Plaza Prague,

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I do stay in this hotel during my business trips for more then 2 years. The bulding itself is good old building from komunism times.. however even it was renovated, its still just an old hotel, that will need more work to do.. At the moment they are adding Wifi to quest rooms.. Yes.. just now.. you still get usually LAN cable that is about 30cm long.. The Wifi is now avaliable at 7 and hogher floors.. Rooms are OK, but elder.. staff is polite, and you can use the gym that is on ground floor..
I like this place coz of location.. Its very close to Metro station - Dejvice = 5min wolk up the hill or 1bus stop.. parking is on private parking lot, and its safe.. If I am not collecting the priority points, i tu=hink the better option is hotel DIplomat.. its nicer and closer to city center..and the standard room is about 100 eur as well with breaky..

Room Tip: Top floors coz they are implementing wifi internet..
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to Crowne Plaza Prague and sharing your nice and extensive feedback with us and other Tripadvisor visitors.

I was really happy to read about your positive comments about our location and the hotel staff. I also need to mention that additionally to the high-speed LAN connection we now offer wi-fi in all rooms in 6th floor and will continue in covering all guest rooms. And just to reveal a little from upcoming Priority Club upgrades, which you will as a valuable member benefit of too, the wi-fi access will be complimentary for PCR members in a very near future.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. With best regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed here for a night during business trip. Like mentioned many times already: this place is a bit away of the center but there is tram #8 that will take you there in 15-20 minutes. Architecture brings back memories of the ruling system in this part of Europe that is no more here for almost 25 years, so some might find it interesting (especially those that haven't seen it before ;)) but some others not that much (those that lived in it... ;)). Rooms are clean, nicely furnished and rather spacious for European standards. Staff is very professional, kind and helpful and you can feel that they really care for their customers opinion.
Hotel's specialty is food: nutritious, good quality, choice and taste as well as large portions.

Room Tip: For those that cares for sleeping in silent environment I'm recommending rooms facing parking lo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay at Crowne Plaza Prague. I really appreciate you shared your positive feedback with us and other travellers. We are proud of your comments, especially regarding of staff attitude and level of service, and the quality of our catering.

We already look forward welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested or anything I can do for you during your next time in Prague.

With many thanks and kind regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Our tour guide said this hotel is renovated from an old communism govt building from few decades ago. The lobby is very grand and has an old-fashion feel to it. We got a room on the 6th floor just right in front of one of the elevators so it is convenient. But It is one of those "end of the hallway" rooms plus the hallway is very sketchy, like the laboratory in my university built in the 1960s. So it didnt feel too right. When we got into the room, I saw the mirror on the closet is right beside the bed, meaning that I can see myself in the mirrow when I get out of bed and that is not something I prefer.

But...luckily I had no trouble sleeping and I love the quality of the complimentary shower gel & shampoo! Fridge works well as well.

Breakfast was also well done but there was a little bit of a problem when we went downstairs the first morning because they mixed up our room and thought someone from our room already came to eat breakfast but apparently not. That was fixed the next day.

The 2 elevators that go to our room; the one on our right does not work sometimes. We keep pushing the button and no response. Regular check is needed for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Dear Jen Y,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am happy to read you had a pleasant sleep and enjoyed the bathroom amenities. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the confusion with the elevator and breakfast service. Though this matter has been resolved in a timely manner, I regret this has negatively impacted your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to serve you soon and provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Staff was very professional. Miroslav from the front desk was extremely helpful . The hotel is not located near the sites but the tram is nearby and will take you there cheaply. The breakfast had a large selection and was very nice. The room was large but very old fashioned and should be redone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yarden61_13

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit at Crowne Plaza Prague. We highly appreciate that you took precious time to let us know that you were satisfied with our overall service performance.

Your appreciation has been passed on to our employees and especially to Miroslav, we can assure you that your comments will definitely be an inspiration to our team to continue their efforts.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 April 2013

A really enjoyed this hotel - it was located a bit outside of the city centre but easy access to downtown by tram or, a 10 min walk and subway. This area is more quiet than downtown and you can walk around without the crowds of people you'll find at the touristy areas. My room was on one side of the hotel a couple levels above the front entrance. I would avoid rooms in this area as if you open your window you will smell the near constant smell of smoke. Aside from that I have no complaints regarding this hotel although the area can be somewhat dead at night though entirely safe.
Wifi is free in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Prague and sharing your positive review on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel, we are truly happy for your satisfaction as it is our main aim in whatever we do.

Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Best regards,