“Enjoyed Prague but Loved the Aria”

Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #8 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Don't get me wrong. Prague is a wondeful place to visit - so much history, culture and grand architecture at every turn. But what stands out for me after my stay in Prague was the truly outstanding venue and service at the Aria. There are so many superlatives ..where to start? Well, the location is outstanding. Just a short walk to the Charles Bridge, Old Town and the Main Castle - well, short but steep - close to a tram line and a little walk to their underground. So convenient to almost everything. The entire place is beautiful - exquisite lobby, common areas and well appointed rooms with a computer, nice TV, DVD player and a small sitting area. There is a very nice library that is perfect for a nice reading session or a quiet, intimate conversion. There are rooms for viewing DVD's with a small group. We had a perfect evening for two with a movie and wonderful food from the restaruant in the small private viewing room. Our own room's decor/theme was Louis Armstrong ..each room is decorated with a star of the music world in mind. It wasn't a huge room but was perfectly fine for two. The bed was very comfortable and the room was vey quiet.

The staff is exceptional in every way. From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were treated in a most friendly and cordial manner by everyone. The concierge gave us a personal tour of the facilities upon check-in and chatted with us about touring options over a a glass of champagne. Front desk, room service and clean up services were fine, breakfast was beautifully presented, and the delicious coffees and cappucinnos kept on coming. Excellent concierge services from Blanka, Diana and Henry helped me chart out an amazing set of Praha adventures and fine dining experiences. I suggest everyone try and get to the Lobkowitz Palace for some chamber music sometime during their stay and take in an opera at one the venues too. The State Opera House was so beautiful!.

The fitness area was limited to a few machines, and the spa services did not seem extensive to me. As an early bird, I would have liked a coffee maker in the room.

But, over all, Hotel Aria is a fantastic place with very fine people. I will defintely stay there the next time I return to beautiful Praha.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection

Reviewed 4 April 2011

Travelled to Prague at the end of a European tour with my 17 year old daughter. The 4 nights that we spent in this hotel were the highlight of the trip. The rooms were luxurious, and the staff were very attentive. We felt that we were their only, and most important guests. My daughter is a VERY picky vegetarian, so I was concerned that there would be nothing that she would eat in the Coda restaurant. When I explained this to the staff, I was told that the chef would make her whatever she wanted... they did; serving her custom made salad and dinner as if she were a princess. The gift box of chocolates at the end of the dinner was a great touch to top off one of her first "grown up" meals.

The location of this hotel also makes it worth spending a little more on. It is away from the busy tourist area, but right in the center of everything. It was a few minutes walk to the river and the art gallery, Charles Bridge and the Castle. In spite of being so central, there is very little traffic; probably due to the high security on the street as a result of the embassies. I would recommend this hotel for a single female traveller.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 25 March 2011

The rooms were very nice...rain shower, dvd player, computer, the bed was extremely comfortable. Would have liked to have wireless in the rooms, even though there is a computer provided. Would have also liked to have a coffee maker/tea kettle in the room even though there is afternoon tea from 3:30pm to 5:30pm, if you're out and about this is easy to miss. The food in Coda restaurant was excellent. Would stay here again...can't beat the location.

• Stayed: March 2011
GoldenWellHotel, General Manager at Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2011

Dear valued customer,

thank you very much for your kind words, we were happy to hear that you have
enjoyed your stay with us and in the beautiful city of Prague. The feedback
of our guests is one of the most important tools available to us which help
us improve our services even further. Therefore I am glad to inform you that
we are already preparing to include a complimentary wi-fi coverage in the
rooms.

Regarding our afternoon tea and snack serving by the fireplace, as it is a
brand new service we are still working on polishing the details. As per your
suggestion we are now starting at 4:00 pm until 6:00 pm to accommodate our
guests coming back from an afternoon stroll from the city.
Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the review
and I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back
at the Aria soon.

With kind regards,

Robert Safarik
Aria and Golden Well Hotel

Reviewed 23 March 2011

Our positive 3 night experience began before we even arrived. Michal & Blanka arranged our transfers from the airport and were welcoming upon our arrival. The hotel overview/tour with explanation about the property was helpful and refreshments a nice touch. We arrived at 11am and our room #409 was ready. It is appointed with every amenity imaginable. Plenty of storage space for personal belongings, robes, slippers, Molton Brown products, IPod docking station, computer with internet access to check email easily (complementary) and the stereo sound system was fantastic. The attention to detail in this hotel wherever you turn is fantastic – original art, sculptures, indoor fountain, afternoon tea & snacks, fruit and fresh flowers. Don’t forget to check out the roof top terrace – the view is amazing. The entire staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The location in Lesser Town was perfect for us, a 2 minute walk to St Nicholas Cathedral and short distance to Old Town Square and the Prague Castle complex. There is a park close by with paths that lead to the Strahov Monastery to enjoy gorgeous views of the city. The Aria Hotel is an outstanding place to stay with excellent service and location.

Reviewed 20 March 2011

I was in Prague for 24 hours on business and was lucky enough to stay at the Aria. This delightful hotel is located in the lovely old section of the city within easy walking distance to the Castle. The hotel is a music lover's dream. Each room is named after a famous artist (I stayed in the Bob Marley room) and are delightfully appointed with original artwork and lovely furnishings. Upon check in, the friendly staff provided me with an iPod to use in the top notch stereo system in my room. They also have a music library with shelves filled with cds and dvds for use in your room. Sadly, I only had about 90 minutes to take a tour of this lovely city. Henry, the concierge, kindly mapped out a walking tour to fit my alloted time to ensure that I hit the most important architectural sites in the old section of the city. The one drawback to the hotel: no wireless. I will definitely return to hotel and city!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank wandery0nder
Reviewed 16 March 2011

The level of service and quality of accommodations are simply over the top....the location provides easy access to all parts of Prague and if you enjoy touring "by foot" you cannot do better....the Concierge service is of a higher level than even the finest of "large Hotel chains" and there is nothing that the staff cannot accomplish....we cannot wait for our next opportunity to return....

1  Thank practicalpig
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Can not recommend this hotel highly enough. Very friendly staff with a terrific personal service without being over the top. The hotel atmosphere makes you feel special and the breakfast was incredible - with special attention paid to accommodate my food allergies. The hotel boasts a reasonable gym, complimentary bottles of water, a library of books and DVDs for your entertainment and your very own ipod for the bedroom together with internet enabled access PC in the room.
Simply perfect.
Definitely one for couples though - you do not want your boisterous kids rampaging around this beautiful setting.

1  Thank R0ckabilly_Rebel