“All round good hotel!”
Review of Rott Hotel

Rott Hotel
Ranked #75 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I came from the UK and stayed there with a Czech lady friend of mine. The settings were clean and the breakfast was decent.

There was fruit bowl in the room and at one point the TV turned on with a personalised message which said "Welcome Mr Singleton" which I thought was an awesome little touch. The location is nothing short of perfect (although it is above Hard Rock Cafe) which can get noisy of a weekend.

The one issue I would have is I was told several times the restaurant shut's at 11 PM. I arrived at 10:30 PM after some late sight seeing to be told quite abruptly by the bar man / waiter that we were too late. I informed him we had been told on several occasions that 11 was the shut off time and it was even on the poster on the wall in the lift. He did not care and didn't even apologise. He just told me there were plenty of other restaurants in Prague. I went back to the man on reception who also didn't really seem concerned.

Other than that the staff aren't over friendly, but I think this is because they are told to act "Serious" and proffessionaly which they certainly do.

Not the cheapest but worth it.

Room Tip: Bear in mind Prague is a vibrant busy city with a good night life. Hotel Rott is in a great location...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Howard S
There are newer reviews for Rott Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed her for three nights in early April, 2012. An Easter festival was going on in the Old Town Square, which was a huge bonus as far as entertainment, food, and atmosphere.

The location is wonderful. About three blocks from the Nare Mestro subway stop, and a downhill drag with your bags. The hotel is just off the square, but very convenient to the Old Town Hall and the Astronomical Clock, Our Church of Lady Before Tyn, St Nicholas, etc. Bell staff is very helpful desk help as well. two lifts, one is larger and at ground level for heavily bggaged travelers.

We chose a standard room, which is about a 10 foot cube, more or less. If you need space, pick a different place or get a bigger room. The bathrooms are spacious, but the tub is an odd arrangement; you have a tub, no shower enclosure, and a handheld shower wand. That takes some getting used to.....

The breakfast provided was decent, nothing spectacular, but decent. Things were fresh, well prepared, and well presented.

Overall, a convenient place to stay, but beware that the rooms can run small, and the shower is, as stated, just kind of strange to us Americans.

Room Tip: If you are assigned rooms on the first floor, beware. We had Room 103, which abuts the Hard Rock Ca...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dottrz5
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel is excellently positioned in the heart of Prague Old Town. It´s ideal for seeing all the sites within walking distance.Staff friendly and service good.Breakfast is good and varied.
Our room was quiet and Wi-Fi work also in third floor.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JSFinn
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We chose this hotel because it promised to be accessible for wheelchair and the location seemed good.

I had asked for an accessible room by e-mail and they had reserved it for me. We are a family, so I wished for a double room with one big bed but the accessible room was a twin with two separate beds. Fortunately, the beds were quite easy to drag together. The room had enough space but it wasn't huge.

What comes to the common areas, the accessibility varied. The breakfast room and the reception were fully accessible but the toilets in the lobby were not. Some of the rooms could only be reached via a couple of steps, so we couldn't visit our companion's room. But I didn't mind because they could visit us. In general, Prague Old Town is not all that accessible so Hotel Rott was a pleasant exception.

I was very happy with the hotel in all. The interior was nice, cozy and personal. The service was good, the staff's attitude very friendly. The breakfast was very good. We were happy with the hotel's airport limousine service (although, I wouldn't call the car a limousine). It was punctual and affordable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Urhonen
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed here in Dec , For 5 days. Whent for my husband 60th Birthday.Good price on the B&B. With a Great Location . best price Hotel i could find . Great big room , lovley and clean big comfy beds .And they made a fuss of him .Champaigne and Choclates in the room .
Breakfast was help your self , and there cereals fruit juice cheese bacon and egg.And there was pleanty of it. It was just behind the Big clock . on the Old Town square. so it was great place to fine every thing . Only had breakfast at hotel ,as to many place to see and eat . staff we friendly and help full.
I have recomendid this place to a few friends , They said it was great. That why only now writing this sorry

Room Tip: book on line early to get good price. say if it special time
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank audlynn
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I was staying here with my parents as part of a " Euro trip" after visiting Vienna. We took the train there and arrived to Prague late at night. At the rail station there were taxi's waiting. A friendly man came up and offered us a ride to the Hotel. Not knowing anything about the city, we went with it. He charged us about $ 30 EUROS for a 10 min drive. Once we got to know the area better, we knew we were screwed over by this man, so watch out and do your homework. BACK to the Hotel: Hotel looks nice, lobby is huge, has a glass elevator in the middle that goes up 4 stories ( you can tell this was an housing complex before, the way it is built is very similar to old housing units in Budapest ). Breakfast was pretty full, not as big of a variety as AM Parkring in Vienna, no champagne for sure, but it was decent. Only thing is, the restaurant in the basement so it has no windows, just a little Cave-like to my taste , but really no complaints. One complaint that I do have was our rooms. Since we arrived late, we got the worst rooms in the " attic", with slanted ceilings, my dad hit his head once trying to get to the other side of their queen bed. The windows were on the ceiling had to use a pole to open them and we were unable to look outside, which was a HUGE disappointment. My room was so small, had a small skylight window on the ceiling as well, no way to look out, soI went to complain. I understand that first comes first serve, but the rooms looked nothing like the hotel's website. Also I notified them the day before that we WERE COMING but coming late. So it is not an excuse to say that they did not know if we showed up or not. When I asked if they had someone checking out the next day so at least my parents can have a nicer room ( they are older and this was the trip of their lifetime), I got a young girl at the desk, who was kind of rude. Just did not seem to be taking my request seriously and told me to talk to the manager, who was not available etc etc. She said come back the next morning and she can not tell me if anyone is checking out ( WHY NOT???).
Since we only had 3 days, I did not want to spend too much time on this , but I did go back down there the next morning. Got a young guy who was equally rude, so I just gave up.
.I would go back but I would make sure that I do not get the leftover attic space. Service is NOT like in Austria, but beng born in Hungary, I am used to the " FORMER Eastern Block Mentality".
FOR Location wise its a great place. Close to the clock. Close to the Plaza. 10 min walk to the bridge. The elevator is a plus. Many hotels do not have it. If you travel with older companions, make sure you have an elevator in the hotel of your choice. I would give the "ROOMS" below a one star, but I have not seen the other rooms, so I give it a 3*.

Room Tip: Make sure that you speak to the manager if you arrive late and let him know. Otherwise you get the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AggieSK
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Hotel is 100 yards from the astronomical clock but in a quiet area. The rooms overlooked the little square and the staff are very very helpful and friendly. The cost was surprisingly cheap as well.
I would recommend without heitation.

Room Tip: Avoid the Restaurant around the corner Alla Stella Nera, the place was aweful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends