“Nice hotel”
Review of EA Hotel Tosca

EA Hotel Tosca
Ranked #165 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Rooms are clean, nice, breakfast is OK, position is near the centre, ant there are tram, bus and metro stations one minute walking from the hotel. WiFi is OK, TV has cca 50 programms. The only disadvantage are small and dark corridors.

Room Tip: Double room
Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marcela M, Manažer at EA Hotel Tosca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Hello frang798.
Thank you for your review and we are pleased that you have been satisfied in our hotel and hope that you will visit us again someday. We wish you all the best.
Marcela M-Director

Reviewed 23 October 2016

The desk staff is the highlight. Mostly friendly and helpful. The room is dated, carpets stained, shower is so small, hubby kept bumping his arms to wash his hair. Breakfast... eh, not good. That said, don't do it with out locking bags. Someone went through my suitcase. Talked to the desk and nothing done about it.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Marcela M, Manažer at EA Hotel Tosca, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Good morning, Mrs. Carr,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave a coment about your stay in our hotel. I am very sorry to read, you have negative feeling about your stay with us. Reception contact me in Saturday and told me everything, when first draft came from you. Reception started investigation of claimed situation, as well we did offer you the assistance of police department, but you refuse it with claiming that u didn´t miss anything.
I have been investigating this situation deeply, and I am sorry, but I can not agree with your feedback. Believe me, that we doing maximum to make our guest as satisfied as possible here. Housekeeper Maria is working here over 8 years wihout any problems and to that complain notes, she denies any manipulation with your luggage. Believe me, she and her colleague had plenty of work with cleaning 38 rooms and in any case there is no time, reason or will to check guest luggage. Despite everything, they were both warned about this situation.
We are really sorry than this situation disturbed your stay in our hotel and we hope that not all was bad here.
I wish you pleasant day

Marcela Marková director hotel Tosca

Reviewed 23 October 2016

My wife and I just left the hotel this AM. After arriving back to our room after the first day out, I noticed that the zipper on my suitcase was not where I thought I had left it that morning. I looked through my bag, and things were shuffled, but nothing missing. (There were no cash, credit cards, etc. to be had.) I wasn't completely sure, so I told my wife what I was doing, and intentionally put the zippers on both, my, and my wife's suitcase in an exact position, then snapped a photo with my mobile phone. As soon as we returned from the day in Prague, I saw that the zipper on my wife's bag was zipped all the way to other side of the suitcase. I immediately snapped another photo and headed to the front desk. the girl working the weekend had to clue what to do, she called the housekeeper Maria in to get her side. The housekeeper accussed me of doctoring the pictures, and lying. I had no quarrels or complaints with the hotel, until this. I asked them why I would do this? and what would I have to gain? Neither had an answer.

Since there was no manager on duty, I had the clerk call the director to ensure that upper management was aware of the situation. The clerk took my email address, but offered nothing further.

I found the EA Corp email address and sent them the situation as well. I would not expect to hear back right away, seeing that is the weekend. However, I really do not expect to hear anything in the long run. they wish to sweep this under the rug..

Now I know why they charge to use the safe in the room.

Be careful if you are staying there. Take your cash and cards with you always!!!

Room Tip: Room with a Safe.. And Use it!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Good morning, Mr. Carr,

I wish you pleasant day

Marcela Marková director hotel Tosca

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Rating 3.5 - Good rather than very good

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, which was very convenient for trams and the metro system. The staff were friendly and the room and bathroom were clean. The room was spacious. The double bed was 2 beds joined together. The room had polystyrene tiles on the ceiling which made it feel a bit dated, the bathroom and cupboard were separated from the bedroom, inside the door to the suite, which makes the bedroom itself more private. One could here the trams pass by on a morning.
The continental breakfast was adequate, but the fruit section and cooked section could have been better.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marcela M, Manažer at EA Hotel Tosca, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2016

Hello, 441grahameg,
Thanks for your review. We try to vary our breakfasts as possilble. We are glad that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel and will wait for further meetings.
Best regards,
Marcela Markova - direktor

Reviewed 18 October 2016

The hotel is very clean, nice furniture, big bathroom. the metro green line is very close . There are a lot of trams travelling all over the town. The breakfast was very nice with a lot of choices. The staff is very helpful.

Room Tip: I had a nice room on the top floor(no.4). All room have view on the road side.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Marcela M, Manažer at EA Hotel Tosca, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Hello Patrica,
Thank you for rating EA Hotel Tosca. Always very happy to read that guests are happy. We therefore believe that next time we visit.
Have a nice day
Marcela Markova
manager of the hotel

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Pros-Was close to to the metro, Room was decent, bed was average for Prague- breakfast was European style, I.e. Coldcuts and fruits.

Cons- bed was stiff, seems to be the norm for most of Europe, bathroom was dated. Probably wouldn't stay at again

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marcela M, Manažer at EA Hotel Tosca, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

A good day.
Thank you for your review and we believe that the next visit will be to the satisfaction of also. Good day sincerely,
Marcela Markova-Director of the hotel

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Welcoming, helpful staff and cheerful, clean, comfortable rooms. Fun artwork. Wide variety of breakfast choices. Would definitely come again. Good location to subway, cafes and restaurants.
Note. A very large wide car would not fit through gate to private parking.

Room Tip: Elevator stops between floors so would have to climb one flight.
Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marcela M, Manažer at EA Hotel Tosca, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Hello Lady Susan.
We are very pleased that you were with us at the hotel satisfied and that you enjoyed. With pleasure we welcome your next visit. We are happy to recommend our hotel to your friends and acquaintances.
With all good wishes, Marcela M-Director