“Generally OK, but not the cleanest hotel in the world...”
Review of Hotel Dalimil

Hotel Dalimil
Ranked #264 of 649 Hotels in Prague
UK
“Generally OK, but not the cleanest hotel in the world...”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Fortunately we had no bed bug experiences as others have had in the past...perhaps because we had a room with quite new foam mattresses.

The room was a decent size, but was never cleaned properly during our six might stay. The furniture was very dusty when we arrived and pretty much stayed that way. The bathroom was OK on the whole, with the exception of the toilet, which stank of stale urine. We had to keep the toilet lid closed at all times until I had the idea of spraying some aftershave into it.

The staff were quite helpful at the main desk. The food for breakfast was pretty decent.

One unfortunate thing was that my wife's gold necklace and pendant went 'missing' during our stay. We only noticed when we got home and she was unpacking her things.

We quite liked the area, but it was a good 20 minute walk from the main centre of Prague. There was a good bar nearby though, Planeta, which served very good food and beer.

I wouldn't stay there again, but it wasn't a disaster.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mycatangel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Lyon, France
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed with a group of friends in this hotel and we found it clean, comfortable and quiet. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was plentiful and a great way to start the day. There is a tram stop only a short work away and the main station (Praha Hlavni Nadrazi) is only about a 10 minute walk. The hotel also offered free wifi in the lobby.

As a side note, I am disappointed with the comments from other travellers in regards to the breakfast. If you had any prior knowledge to Eastern Europe, you would know very well that the breakfast offered is quite traditional. Vegetables and fruits are not commonly eaten.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank cindy2171
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Take inside shoes with you. The carpet in our room was very dirty. They need to change them. Also the chairs in the room was dirty. They wanted deposit for the room, if you make damage they take the deposit. Have never given deposit on other hotels. The men in the reception was very good and nice. The lady was not so nice. Good thing was that they gave us clean towels every day. Very easy to hear the people in the stairs thru the door. People noice to 4 o'clock in the morning.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sweden12345
Fredericia, Denmark
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Since the first day we arrived the staff was rude and arrogant and almost didn't speak/understood english at all.
Everytime we ask some questions we just an angry face looking at us like saying "what do you want from me".
The breakfast was awful. I rather eat dog food. Dry bread and not fresh food at all. Coffe and cake taste very bad.

About the room nothing at all like the picture we saw. The carpet was dirty and old. The bathroom and towels were clean enough.

The hotels location was so depressing very bad neiborghood

I will never recommend this hotel to anybody

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Sebastian B

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Bialystok, Poland
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The Hotel is situated on interesting quartet of Prague (it is very near located to fine museum – Army Museum Zizkov) and also is relatively near to historical parts of Prague. The hotel has good communications with center of city. The rooms are very good for rest and dream after making trip. The beds are comfortable, equipment of room is adequate and what is very important – the bathroom is very clean. The breakfast is served very well. Food is various and tasty.
The staff of hotel is very professional and pleasant.
Great experience overall, we would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Debia89
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Advantages:
1. Location. Although not in the heart of the city but you can reach transport on foot - 5 min to tram (as you may know trams in Prague are perfect means of getting around), 10 min to bus station (Florence), 15 min to railway station (Hlavny Nadrazy). We walked down to Staromestska square etc but it took time. And Zizkov (reads "zhizhkov" - name of the area) has it's own nice places to see.
The place is quiet, from the windows of restaurant you can see St. Prokop church, back windows look on Vitkov hill and nice yard
2. Good price
3. Very clean!
4. Nice personnel - feels like at home:)

Minor disadvantages
1. Breakfast is (IMHO) standard one for *** hotels in Europe. But it lacks a bit vegetables and fruits
2. You can get free WiFi but only on reception and every time you have to ask new login and password

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sergey_Marina
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I´d like to write thank you to hotel Dalimil. I promised, I will write this review, but I was in a hurry, so sorry :) (my friend will write review later)
I was very satisfied with location, it is very easy when you want go to the city centre.
I´d like to write thank you to Dominica, she helped us with luggage, tranfer and everything. I read the last review and I have to uproot the part about frowned girl. I saw 2 females in hotel and I cant tell, that they could be angry. Maybe you can write me, I am not Russian turist, but I saw how they spoke with others (Russians).
Dominica recommended me visite to ZOO and Aquapark, I was surprised how it was nice :) but the weather was problem :( I was also in historical centre, Prague is very nice city. I want to return to Prague !!! :(((
That´s right I´d prefer dinner in hotel restaurant, but I comprehend why it doesnt work. The breakfast was fantastic.
I have just 1 bad experience :( there was very cold, in the room and also in restaurant. The receptionist tried to help me, but it wasnt enough :(( but Dalimil is very good for spring, summer and autumn :)
I missed wifi, but when I saw the beautiful Prague, I forgot for it, I spent my time out.

I think, I will stay in this hotel when I come to Prague, the price was very nice.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends