“Great steak and great prices.”

Highland Steak House
Ranked #1,125 of 6,156 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 3
Reviewed November 28, 2016

Service is a bit slow but not different than normal czech service. Pepper steak is great and great value.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed October 24, 2016

The stakes were cooked to perfection just as we asked!! The staff was very friendly and we were overall very very satisfied with everything we ordered... I highly recommend to take the metro out of Prague's city centre and eat at this local stake house... we loved it and it was the best stake we've had so far...

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 28, 2016

This is the second time I visited this steakhouse in Prague 3. They have lots of great offerings at reasonable prices. The first time I went there, I had a great meal so I knew I would come back. It was nice of the waitress to remember me since I had not gone back for a couple of weeks. I wish I could report on something different but I liked what I ordered the first time so I ordered it again! It did not disappoint. I got the Highland steak which was tender and cooked right. I will probably go back to try something else on the menu before I leave Prague. I like that this is not a tourist destination but it can still get packed during mealtimes so if you don't want to be disappointed, you should make reservations. I opted to visit in between mealtimes at around 3-4pm so I was able to get a table both times. They also have a nice terrace during good weather days. If you are craving meat, this is definitely a great place to visit.

Reviewed August 26, 2016

There are several tables on the terrace of the restaurant. When I went there for lunch, and sat on one of the tables, I was redirected to another table, even though only 1 of the several tables was occupied.

First I was told something in Czech, and unfortunately I could not understand it. Second phrase from the waitress was "you two?". Third phrase was "reserved, go there".

1) If a restaurant has tables reserved, please do you RESERVED signs. What kind of impression will a customer receive, when one is attracted to a practically empty terrace, to a table of one´s choice (with no reserved signs), but then moved to another table - undesired table.

2) Is impolite customer service considered attractive and a method to renew restaurant-visiting?

3) Are the waitresses required to use common sense?

Ended up leaving the restaurant before ordering. Waitress seemed to laugh.

- I would laugh also, when losing crucial tips.

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

I see the good reviews this place has in terms of its great food. Unfortunately we couldn't try that one because of an extremely poor and (I would say rude) service. We went there today, at around 11 AM, surprisingly at that hour there was only one table occupied on the terace(making the rest of them to be free). We sat at a corner one. The waitress comes and directly asks "just you two?"... and then she redirects us to another table by saying "go there"(nothing else). Probably we had some confused look on our faces, therefore she continued "this table is reserved". The table had no sign on it, and the whole terrace had only 1 table occupied... I think its useless to say that this kind of behaviour does not bring fame to a place, and that you would expect from a high rated place to have (not high but) decent service.
I know this is a common thing for Czech Republic to have the worst waiting service ever, for the personnel not to greet the customers (czech, english, wouldn't matter), not to speak conversational english ("just you two?") and not to have the common sense of politeness ("go there"). But if you want to have a respectable restaurant I would consider important that the service would be at least decent...
Obviously we left, which brought a laugh on the girl's face. At least a smile...