All reviews light switches old town square adequate breakfast over christmas hotel location is five nights room was spacious reception desk per night prague castle perfect location tereza ventilation czech czk
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

The only advantage of this hotel is the location. But the money paid for the rest is NOT worth it. Reception: friendly. Breakfast: pretty basic. Room: old, dusty carpets, 2 Single beds gathered together to simulate a queen bed, very much uncomfortable. Bathroom: super small, dirty and shower with fungus. Management: on a Monday morning I asked to talk to one of the managers, the reception called them and they never answered their phone or returned a message to me. The whole morning waiting and nothing. So I left without solving my problem. Check out: I asked for a taxi and they couldn’t provide me with one, I had to call an Uber. I don’t recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
EM_Snemovna, Generální ředitel at EA Hotel Royal Esprit, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Hello, Thank you for your time for the review. I am sorry that we could not meet. The hotel has planned bathroom renovations in the near future. We will look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel or one of EA Hotels.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Very good starting point to discover Prague. Friendly, english speaking staff. Large room with adequate bath room and beds in which one sleeps well. Touristic sites on walking distrance. Breakfast was fine. We had a very pleasant stay in Prague and EA Hotel Royal Esprit

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018

A bit noisy during the night but what to expect in the middle of the entertainment business, just look at the city map.Every half-hour a crowd of people comes to pubs and bars, they scream and do everything to keep you from sleeping. Staff is very friendly and helpful, especially Teresa and Carolina. Breakfast is a mild harvest, but for the ninth it is weak. But still good. For the money we spend, it's more than good there.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank gardenoftulips
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

A hotel shouldn’t leave a bad taste in your mouth yet this one managed very well to achieve that. They have plenty of competition so look around !
The room was very large but the bathroom actually had multiple issues like completely broken off chunks of marble, grouting that was severely cracked and peeling away allowing dirt to gather , a shower curtain that was slimy (!) and a hairdryer that did not work any more. No soap for the basin and towels so worn you could see through them in parts. Get my drift here? It’s faded glory and until it is done up forget it. I especially felt sorry for a young couple who probably thought it would be a treat... it isn’t.
To top it off the receptionist who seemed to be doing 14 hour shifts a day over the weekend made several mistakes with our account and then tried to double charge us as she hadn’t recorded the original payment ! Arghhh .
We are pretty relaxed people but really this hotel is purely trading on location which is good. Look around for better it won’t be hard.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2018

This is the third time that we’ve stayed here. We always book their suite with terrace and Prague Castle view.

When we checked in Tereza was on duty at reception. She remembered us and appeared delighted that we’d returned. There was another receptionist who also remembers us from our last stay (long dark hair but I don’t remember her name :( ). This made staying here seem more like returning to friends than staying at an impersonal hotel.

I’ve described the room in past reviews and am not going to do so again however one change to the room that we did notice was the labelling of the lights. In the past I’ve commented that the light switches were confusing; now they are clearly labels - thank you.

We paid approximately CZK 3700 per night to include breakfast. We stayed at the hotel for five nights. Not once during our stay was the bed linen changed. I feel that at this price it’s not unreasonable to expect at least one change of bed linen. Although the bed wasn’t changed we did get fresh towels each day.

Breakfast remains good although I still don’t feel that it’s quite as good as it was before the bar/restaurant was added. At this point I’d add a request for the future - please may we have some propped English Breakfast Tea and cold milk instead of the tea you offer?

All in all we are still very happy with the hotel. Its location is excellent and the room is very comfortable. We are returning to Prague over Christmas and the New Year and we are staying here.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple