The hotel emailed out some last minute deals and we managed to book a Deluxe Suite with a View of the River and overlooking Charles Bridge, at a greatly reduced rate - this made the stay incredible value for money and we were treated to a stunning Suite with a separate lounge and living area, entrance hall, bedroom with bathroom en suite. Flat screen TVs, DVD in both bedroom and lounge, with a small kitchenette in the lounge area, so all in all, very well equipped.
Prior to our arrival, the hotel's Guest Relations was extremely efficient and accommodating, helping me to book spa treatments in the room as well as champagne on arrival and airport transfers. Everything was arranged perfectly.
Our Suite was massive and very well appointed , overlooking one of Prague's most significant attractions - Charles Bridge. During our 3 day visit to Prague, we were able to explore all the main attractions of Prague on foot from our Hotel front door. Charles Bridge is literally 2 minutes walk away and just over the bridge, you could walk to "Lesser" as well as up to the Palace and surrounding historic landmarks. The Old Town Sq is also less than 10 minutes walk away. The location of the Hotel made this a perfect choice of Hotel, as anything and everything was within walking distance.
Our only negative that left a bad taste for us, was that the "tray charge" for room service breakfast on our 2nd morning, was more than the actual food itself, which made no sense whatsoever! The manner in which the receptionist handled this query at checkout was also not at all graceful and she could have done better to handle this complaint, making us feel quite insignificant. IN general, we found the hotel staff not that friendly, even though I had very good dealings with them over email prior to arrival. They were not very knowledgable in terms of recommending places to dine out and for entertainment. They should definitely make more of an effort to improve their customer service ethic and be more friendly and engaging with their guests...
We did not dine in the Hotel so cannot comment on the F&B quality, but if we were to return to Prague, there is no doubt that we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pachtuv Palace is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, TravelClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pachtuv Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague