“Lovely boutique hostel in Prague”

Miss Sophie's Hotel
Ranked #100 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed in the 5 bed female dorm over the New Years period. We had an utterly enjoyable stay! The decor was tasteful and the dorms were absolutely huge WITH NO BUNK BEDS! We also found the kitchen very functional and the building secure. Considering the time of year, the accommodation was reasonably priced. Our only complaint was that we felt that some staff members were a little bit cold and unfriendly - so that's why we decided that 4/5 was appropriate.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank rachaelbuck

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Where do I start with reviewing Miss Sophie's? As soon as I arrived I knew that I made a really good decision. Staff were brilliant, friendly, very helpful and accommodating. Chef was also fantastic every morning with her amazing breakfasts and didnt fail to surprise with her own specials.
I was traveling by myself and instead of going for a dorm, the price of a single ensure room was so cheap I decided to go for that. When I arrived I was told I would be put on the apartments across the street. I was greeted my a Massive double room with gorgeous shower room and fully equipped kitchen. Ceilings and windows were really high but the air conditioned room was perfect even when it was frezing outside. Place was spotless, beds made every day and towels replaced, all for no extra fee. None of your "deposit for towels" at this hostel.
The hostel also organises their own walking and bar hop tours every day so i never felt alone and got to meet some great people.
I had to leave early this morning to get the train to Berlin where I'm currently staying at the top rated Tripadvisor Hostel in the city.......there is no comparison to Miss Sophie's. If the Berlin one was supposed to be as good as it was hyped up to be do you think I'd be sat in the lounge at 'Happy Hour' spending time writing this? Currently surrounded by a load of stoner Americans that I have nothing in common with and cant really converse with. Shame as I met some really nice, funny and intelligent Americans in Prague. Anyway, hope this Berlin trip improves. I think I miss Prague & Miss Sophie's already to be able to enjoy any other hostel. Can't even go up to my room as I chose a dorm this time and am stuck with 3 student lads, one in the room with te light ins studying for an exam next week. No chance of being able to have an early night here unlike being your own boss at Miss Sophie's.
Anyway enough moaning from me. You shouldn't have any doubts about booking this Hostel. It's five star Hotel living at Hostel prices! Guaranteed. :)

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Ronanickles
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Prague was the last stop in my 7 week wizz through europe. I had a little bit of money left over so i decided to book a slightly more expensive (but still) budget accommodation. and boy am I glad I chose Miss Sophies. It was the perfect way to end my trip. I arrived early and the staff were lovely and let me check in early for no extra charge. The room was stunning and very homely, the location was wonderful and easy to get to from the main train station.
I cant tell you enough how wonderful and helpful the staff are and the breakfast is to DIE for!
If I ever go back to prague, this is the place i will be staying at for sure! I have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Pay that little bit extra for a private room. you will not be disapointed, money well spent! And bre...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Definitely recommended. Get the private apartment. It's pretty cheap and is gorgeous. You have your own kitchen, a large bed and a beautiful swanky bathroom. Decor is modern and hip.

Service was extra friendly and helpful.

Also, they have a French chef make a small breakfast in the basement. Seating is very limited due to space (about 8 people can fit) but the meals are awesome. The chef obviously takes pride in his cooking and the menu changes daily. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Get the private apartments, not the shared hostel rooms. Not much more expensive and waaay nicer.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JuicyGoo
Reviewed 7 February 2012

loved the hotel. Me and my friend were staying there for three nights and the staff was very helpful as to where to go. The rooms were clean and nice. Wifi was a huge plus. Also EAT THE BREAKFAST! It is 8 euros and its all you can eat with a personal chef. The only thing we did not like was that the location was a little sketchy but I felt very safe in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank standish91
Reviewed 4 February 2012

we stayed at sophies whilst on a backpacking/road trip around europe and prague was one of our last stops,

on arrival they directed us to secure parking just half a block away that didn't cost the world,

we received complimentary upgrade to a private room from a dorm which was nice, the room was very modern and the bathroom super clean!

The downstairs lounge room was a welcome suprise, a place to relax and cook there are dvds for hire, its a nice walk into the old town, not to far at all, and the staff were helpful with giving us directions to walk in so as to avoid the taxis that rip you off and the possibility of being robbed on the train.

we enjoyed our stay at sophies and would recommend it to anyone wanting something a little nicer than a hostel without the hotel price

Room Tip: the double private is super nice if you want to treat yourself!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ches81
Reviewed 21 January 2012

If you can't afford to stay in a hotel in Prague, this is probably the best option. It has the feel of a hotel, but it offers dorm rooms. Bunkbeds, yes, but only 4 beds to a room, more space than your usual hostel plus the nicest bathroom I've EVER had in a dorm room.
My only complaint: the cook was off sick yet the rate included breakfast and I wasn't offered a discount and had to seek out breakfast elsewhere.
If you want a hostel designed for mature travelers, Miss Sophie's

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo