“A little bit far out but very clean hostel”

Miss Sophie's Hotel
Ranked #102 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed October 2009. Bit of a hike into the old town and sullen staff but spotless rooms and stunning showers.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jimmyee84

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I can only describe this place with one word: AWESOME. I am such a sucker for good design, and well I was reeled in as soon as we walked into our apartment! For one, the value for money is outstanding. Beyond that, the gorgeous decor and the effort that the owner and staff took/take to make these apartments the way they are is clear. I mean, there are funky and artistic paintings on the bedroom and kitchen walls. Where else do you ever see that?! And each painting is unique. Our friend's apt was totally different. And the cool thing is that each artistic rendition takes the local culture into account.. monuments.. beer.. ancient history of Prague. So cool. Anyways..moving past the design..!

The kitchens are well equipped and they've got everything you need to make yourself a nice breakfast, which is just what we did. The bathrooms are so clean, so modern. Just lovely.

Location is great. It is not exactly central, but it's away from the hustle and is well-linked. Tram stop a few minutes away, and a ten minute walk to the Old Town. The staff were also very helpful, taking out the maps of Prague and making big circles around everything we should see and how to get there.

All in all, thoroughly impressed and would 100% stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed at Miss Sophies in a private double last month. I had problems at the start with their online booking so emailed them directly and they were very helpful and quick to respond and we got the booking sorted out. (problem was with the browser I was using). The directions to the hotel were excellent and I managed to find them quite easily, even though I had never been to Prague before. Too many times hotel directions are vague and and not enough effort is put into helping the poor traveller get to the hotel as easily as possible. Not everyone arrives in a taxi.
The receptionist was really helpful and friendly and gave me loads of information about Prague. The room was a great surprise. It was roomy, modern, clean etc. There was a safe and a fridge which I don't usually expect to see in a lower cost establishment. I was on the top floor and there was an elevator which was another nice surprise.

I had breakfast included in my room rate and it really is amazing, cold buffet and also hot food cooked to order. It's a tiny room and you need to book a time slot the day before, I think you can book up to 11am which is great for sleeping in.

It's not right in the centre, but it's close to a metro stop and also a tram stop. I walked everywhere instead and it's only around 15 minutes to get to the old town, plus it's a good way to walk off the big breakfasts!. It's a nice location to escape the crowds of tourists as well.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank allblacks1
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed here with my friends just last week in an apartment. This apartment was meant to sleep up to 5 people but when we got there there was only 2 beds made up. To be fair they quickly made up another bed when we asked buying piece all beds should be made up and ready. Appartment was modern and nice but smaller than I executed. After that though, this place was great. AMAZING breakfast every morning which was included in our price, well located for the tram lines and IP Pavlova metro stop.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We came to Prague in low season and shopped around on a few websites for a good price. When we arrived at the hotel we were very impressed. The room is very comfortable, good size, stylish and modern and the breakfast is great so pay the extra $8 for that. 10 min walk to town centre is fine and metro stop close by so no worries there. Having walked around the entire city i prefer the other side of the river (castle side) but i suspect that would be expensive and anyway in Prague you just need to put your walking shoes on and explore. only negative was the brewery/restaurant they suggested we try down the road, the beer is ok, the food is awful so I wouldn't suggest going there on the hotels recommendation. the food and beer at the monastery brewery (st norbets) was the best we had, you must go there.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed in miss Sophie's in 2007 when I was travelling with some friends backpacking in Europe, this time 2011, I decided to come back with my mom and auntie. Since the budget wasn't so tight, we booked a triple private room, and we were really pleased with what we had.
They already had the private rooms occupied when we arrived, so they give us one apartment across the street.
It has everything you need, a full kitchen, they even give you coffee and creme, a clean bathroom and a comfortable room with a huge bed and another little one beside it.
The location is perfect, only 15 min walking you are at the astronomical clock, and the tram to go to the castle is one block away, even the subway station is really closed.
I recommend this place, it's worth it, it has the heart of a modern design hotel and the price and friendliness of a hostel.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Nats_M
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Five of us stayed in an apartment in Sept 2011 and enjoyed our stay so much! The staff went above and beyond to help with the touristy things. Also, the female receptionist (can't remember her name) personally called the airport 4 separate times to help locate my lost luggage (she really went out of her way advocating for me!). The apartment itself was fresh, clean, open and airy. The price can seem a bit high but its well worth it, I promise.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends