“Elegant and affordable!”

Ranked #10 of 656 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Jersey City, NJ
“Elegant and affordable!”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I stayed here for four nights in one of the private rooms and it was wonderful! The staff is super helpful and courteous. I had a problem with the automatic sensor lights randomly setting off in my room and they arranged a new room for me in a matter of minutes. The new room was a bit bigger with a refrigerator, a couch, and better wifi reception than my previous room, though it's only really good in the lobby and cafe.

The staff is also very knowledgeable about the area. They supplied me with information on laundry services (two tram stops away), gave great suggestions on restaurants and bars, and even have cheaper monthly passes (80 czk with 400czk deposit that I got back on returning the card) available for public transportation for guests staying more than one night. Otherwise, it's something like 110 czk per day. Great deal!

If you are going to prague stay here!

• Stayed October 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The Czech Inn is both very affordable and easily the best hostel we have stayed at during our four month backpacking trip around Europe. It is very clean, fun and the breakfast that you pay around five euros extra for is absolutely to die for! The location is easy and the staff are very very overly helpful. We loved Prague due to our wonderful stay. Also, make sure you go to the Mexican place across the road! It is AMAZING

• Stayed October 2011
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2011

My husband and I (a mature couple) were hesitant about being in a hostel, but Czech Inn feels more like a hotel. We got an apartment on the last floor with two bedrooms. Never saw the people staying at the other room. We shared the bathroom, kitchen, living room and entrance. The place was cleaned everyday. We chose not to have the bedroom cleaned because we can make our own beds and were out of the room all day. The breakfast was great, buffet style, so we ate too much. The bread was delicious, the coffee not so much, but good enough. The beer in Prague is the best in the world. The hotel beer is cheap and yummy. The value is great, the building is withing minutes of downtown by streetcar (tram). The people at the reception were very helpful and nice, always with a smile and ready to advise you. We kept our passports and money in a safe by reception, it is very cheap and gave us peace of mind.
The free tours (paid by tipping) are amazing, they leave from the Hostel and take you downtown. Take comfortable shoes, you will be walking all day. To change currency I recommend to use a bank. The exchange places around downtown cheat by giving very low exchange, to get what they advertize you must exchange minimum amounts like a thousand euros but do not tell you until you get the change. However on the other side of the river, walking to the castle I found good exchange. Do not change money on the street, we were approached by one, but were warned that they give you Hungarian currency and since you are not familiar with the currency and see only Crones, you will get a tenth of the value only.

At the lobby they have several computers (for a small fee). I took my tablet and used the free WIFI in my room all the time. Great fast connection.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Pensacola
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I'll start out with my complaints: the rooms were stark, one mirror was not enough, and concrete floor in the bathroom left me cold. That said, we were greeted by a cheery young man at the check in desk who spoke excellent English. He quickly oriented us on a provided map to surrounding city sites and made recommendations according to our expressed wants. There is beer on draft available in house outside breakfast hours. Original Budweiser is only 25 kr per 0.3L glass during happy hour - good value, good tasting beer. I like it better than the US imitator! The beer stube can get noisy into the night but none of that noise can reach your rooms unless you open the windows. Interior hallways can be very dark at night until you learn the shape and location of the light switches. I would recommend one of those little LED flashlights per couple. Breakfast is 110 kr purchased the night before, 120 kr the day of. Offerings are fruit, muesli, yogurt, hard scrambled eggs, frankfurters, two types of cold cuts, sliced bread, bottled juice, tea and coffee. Tram stop is nearby with heart of old city 5 minutes away. The transportation system really is excellent and folks speak enough English to help you over the rough spots. It sure did my older eyes good to see 5 pairs of young eyes trying to puzzle out how to operate an automatic ticket machine for the tram. A local usually steps in and helps out; written Czech is inscrutable. There are 5 internet consoles in the lobby and hotel WiFi is available but both for a fee. Having now been to Prague, I regret we only got a taste. Next visit will stay at a posher place 15-20 minutes out by tram for 20-30% less. Just download a city map for orientation and get specific directions to reach your hotel from airport or train station.

Room Tip: Avoid 2nd floor...excuse me, first floor room over the beer stube. The two bedroom suites are immens...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We stayed for three nights the last week in September. There is 24 hour reception, a 24 hr pub across the street, and a pub in the hostel. All of the staff were cool and we met some really cool travelers from all over the world. The hostel is easy to get to (just follow the instructions on the website). We signed up for the free walking tour w/ New Europe and Jacob was our guide. He is the best so try and get on his tour. The in-house pub offers a sweet happy hour and there is free wi-fi. All of the other guests were really fun and we signed up for a pub crawl (met at clock tower and was associated w/ New Europe). The "pub" crawl was really more of a "club" crawl so dress appropriately. We booked a private two person room and it was across from the bathroom and was a great deal. Book w/ confidence and bring your party clothes!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We (my boyfriend and I-Both in our mid-twenties) spent 3 nights here in August 2011 and I can say we found it excellent. We were interrailing and this was the nicest hostel we stayed in during our trip. It was right beside the tram stop, the room was very big and clean, bathroom shared with another couple was very clean and the breakfast was cheap and good. Also a nice bar with sports shown.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights at the beginning of this month. We stayed in a double room. There was enough room for our baggage and hangers in the room. Clean private facilities made our stay very confortable. Lift in the building is a plus to carry baggage to your up floor. Breakfast is not included in the price, but they offer breakfast at good price.

The location is not in the centre of Prague, but in a very quiet area and not very difficult to get to Old Town once you know how to thanks to tram and metro.

We had to exchange Euro to the local currency, but we found that exchange at this place is the safest and honest. They do not always have enough local currency to sell though.

Room Tip: - Clean room. - Shower jel + lotion supplied. - Nice shower and I bet you will enjoy it either at...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple