“Unpleasant service”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 6
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Food reasonable, personnel rude. Not even returning money, taking it as tip without confirmation.
After main course we kind of were send out: closing and no desert.
We were with a group of 8.

3  Thank Jos H

Reviewed August 17, 2018

When I lived in Prague in the 90’s, I loved to visit this restaurant! The staff were always so polite and courteous.
Sadly, it has changed. The younger waiter was very pleasant and helpful. The older waiter was not - in fact he was rude. No, he was actually extremely rude.
When a beer had not been delivered to our table, the older waiter told me I had only asked for wine!
When the older waiter was asked for something to cover the food at our outdoors table, he stated there weren’t any flies!
When he asked if everything was alright and I told him no due to the flies, he said we should eat indoors next time because of the flies!The food was okay, we order the mixed starters. However, the taboulleh was very strange, no bulgar wheat - how odd to have instead cut up pieces of flatbread. There was too much food to eat at that sitting, but we only took home the felafel. The flies took care of the remains. I’m very sad to report such a negative experience, I never expected to be treated so poorly at what used to be one of my top 5 restaurants in Prague. Such a pity, as I live locally and was looking forward to being a frequent patron.
Oh and I didn’t leave a tip - I’m not a mean person, but the service was that bad and didn’t deserve a tip. I’m a big believer in always being polite and friendly, so I was shocked to be treated this way.
The irony of the situation was, the owner and his 3 friends were seated at the next table and must have witnessed the waiters rudeness. The owner himself got up to take another order for drinks at our table. I was told that the rude waiter looked as if he had been scolded, but it was too late at that stage for me to care.
We paid the bill and left, never to return. Our dining experience is now a sad memory.
If the owner wishes to contact me by messenger, I will be very happy to discuss my comments about his restaurant further.

2  Thank Patricia W
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant few weeks ago. We reached there 30 minutes before closing and the waiter told us that they can’t serve us but the owner told them to seat us and take the order. I guess that pissed them off cuz our entire stay they were extremely rude. While taking order he was huffing and puffing and had a annoyed look on his face. We were there with little kids they accidentally spilled coke on the floor. When the waiter cane we informed him and apologized and he started yelling “ what is this? What did you do ?”
One of the dish was not made right we told him to take it back and he didn’t like that and took the dish back and still charged us for it. When we asked him to take it off he refused. We spoke to the owner and he did it without any complains.
Up until now I was giving them benefit of the doubt and saying ok it’s closing time they are tired. But after laying the bill my family went out and I went to restroom to wash hands. When I came out I said thank you to th waiter and he goes “don’t ever come back”. I turned around and said “ excuse me what did u say” he goes I said you can’t take the coke outside (pointing towards the coke bottle I was holding in my hand) I said no you said something else I heard you. The other waiter came and said go go just go .
I will never ever go back to that restaurant again.

2  Thank Sahar S
Reviewed August 8, 2018

The food is wonderful. The restaurant is clean and beautifully decorated. Three stars because the man that sat us was rather rude. We were in Prague during a hot spell and there was no air conditioning inside the restaurant. We were a party of three and asked to sit outside and the "host" abruptly stated that they were full but offered no form of accommodation. As we contemplated where would have lunch, he came out and told us he would add a chair to a section crowded with smokers. We asked if he could add a chair to an empty table by two ladies (seated at a 6 top) where no one was smoking. Again, he abruptly said no. We sat in smoke and were moved within minutes to another table by the smokers. Within a minute the two ladies at the 6 top left, we asked to sit there and were told there was a reservation for that table. We ate our meal. Our waiter was wonderful. The specials were delicious (falafel and chicken wrap), the fatoush salad was amazing. The lemonade was delightful (not too sweet, with just a hint of rose). Had it not been for the initial encounter with Mr. Rude, this would have been a five-star experience.

1  Thank AngelAwakened
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Came to this restaurant with my friends for a quick lunch and it was really good. Quality of food, service and the experience. Thank you

georges m, Owner at Restaurace U Cedru, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Our pleasure