“So far best restaurant in Prague”

Il Capitano Ristorante
Ranked #40 of 6,040 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Description: We are yachtsmen, sailing the seas and oceans, visiting various towns and ports. We regularly seek out local restaurants where we can enjoy the great food and atmosphere. After returning to Prague, we always feel a little disappointed that similar dishes are only served in expensive restaurants, while on the other hand most average restaurants skimp on quality ingredients. We decided that we should try to transfer our travel experiences to Prague, and thus the concept of ‘il capitano ristorante’, a Mediterranean Restaurant with a yachting theme, was born. Our primary focus is on original Italian recipes prepared exclusively from the quality ingredients that we source from several countries. We import fresh fish, spices, meat, and make our own pasta, pizza dough, daily desserts, fresh lemonades and pastries. We have created an atmosphere and concert of flavours that always compels us to return home, which is why our motto is “You will always want to come back…”
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

I have recently relocated in Prague and have visited this restaurant about 5 times. I have tried different dishes and I have to say they are all top class! Service is also fast, efficient and best so far taking into consideration the service received in the capital. Of course there is room for improvement, but I am happy for the time being. I find it a bit overpriced

Reviewed October 31, 2017

I've been here three times this October:

I had really thought I had found a new gem, despite the slow (but relatively friendly) service. The prices at Il Capitano are above average for this city district, so I would expect, as a local, that the food maintain a certain level of (HIGH) quality and not diminish with each visit as it sadly did here. My pizza went from AA-mazing on my first visit (large, crisp, chalked full of seafood and lemon slices -- a delicious addition I'd never had on a pizza before) to a smaller soggy mess with less seafood toppings (and absolutely no lemons!!)

What the heck happened?? Had the chef and/or recipe switched within a two-week span?? Highly disappointing last two (and probably final) meals at this place.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice ... I'm looking for a new neighborhood pizza place.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Really good food and wine, good service, near centre, I liked the terace
the ambience is really nice

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

We decided to visit this italian restaurant last month and we found it as a really good choice. The food was absolutely delicious, for sure made of good-quality and fresh ingredients. All the crew members are professionals, they are nice and skillfull. The ambience and stylish interior made us feel really comfortable and satisfied. I higly recommend il capitano ristorante!

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I cannot say much about the food except the fact that from were I was lodging I took a taxi to come here and at 10 PM they already don't serve any food anymore even though they close at 11 PM, there was no way to get anything, but drinks. So waste of money and time , please write that you serve food only until 10 PM !