“Nice place to eat in the center of Prague”
Review of Pivovar Narodni

Pivovar Narodni
Ranked #577 of 6,042 Restaurants in Prague
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Reviewed April 17, 2018

The restaurant is in city center - 2 minutes away from Vltava river.
We had a good time being there. Even though the portion weren't big for this price, but it was tasty and delicious. We had a juicy chicken breast with nicely roasted vegetables. My friend had a grilled gouse, I guess - not sure. It was good as well. The beer was good. The only thing that we had to wait for a waitress a bit longer and staff was always in a rush. But to be fair, the place was full of customers and staff had to be quick. Overall, we enjoyed it.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

Nice place in the center with good typical food at a decent prize, and with nice service! - which is surprising here in Prague!

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

A hidden gem, doesn’t look much from the front but, amazing beer garden, amazing food, amazing beer and amazing service x

Reviewed March 18, 2018

We came here a few times during our week in Prague. Number 9 tram stops virtually outside the place. Staff were very friendly and service was very prompt even when it was busy. Food was great and beers were very palatable. Would try it out if you came here.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

Let's get one thing out of the way - the beer is very good. We have tried their lager, both the filtered and unfiltered version, and enjoyed both.

The service was good too - friendly and pleasant, but they could have been a little faster, especially considering that the restaurant was not very full.

The food though was a completely different story.
Me and my boyfriend had the burger, and since the burger is not served with any type of garnish, we also ordered one portion of fried potato dippers with cheddar sauce to share.

The dippers were alright, but neither the potatoes nor the sauce were seasoned at all - no salt, no pepper, no spices, nothing. There was salt and pepper on the table so we just added it to the sauce and mixed it up, which made it slightly better, but the fries still tasted bland.

The burger looks nice, but since it sits alone on a big plate with no garnish around, the plate itself seems a bit empty. The salad, tomato, pickles, onions, cheese and bun are alright - not exceptionally "wow", but they do taste good.

However, the meat was just disgusting. Seemed pre-processed and frozen, like someone just threw it on a pan to thaw and warm up. It had a very rubbery consistency, did not fall apart naturally like freshly made meat patty made of minced meat would, and there was not an ounce of seasoning in the meat itself. Very disappointing.

I was going to give the restaurant 3 stars because even though me and my boyfriend hated the burger and potato dippers, my parents and brother really liked their food (beef tartare, "svickova" roast beef with cream sauce and dumplings, and the plum jam Germknodel dumpling with vanilla sauce), but both me and my boyfriend actually got very sick after we got back home in the evening and had an upset stomach for quite some time after.

I would have given the restaurant a 1 star rating, but I have to admit that the beer is good, and my other co-diners have enjoyed their food... I would like to believe that it's just the burger and dippers that are problematic at the restaurant since they did manage the more traditional Czech options well, but why put the burger on the menu if you don't know how to make it properly?

While you might be able to have a completely different experience if you just order something else than a burger, I will definitely not be coming back.