All reviews great location the main square no elevator the room was nice out of date nice view beautiful square corner wifi window town silence baroque ceiling parking luggage furnishings
Reviewed July 11, 2018

Considering that postcards sold in Telc both feature the hotel and the view from our room, I would say that Hotel Celerin is probably the best in town. Telc is a quaint and picturesque village--and unfortunately for us, it was completely dead the night we were there. Most restaurants were closed and there was nobody on the streets, unlike other towns we visited.

The hotel is in a great location, at the end of the town with a spectacular view. It is small and a bit tired and has no elevator. It also doesn't have parking--so it can be really confusing both getting to the hotel and dropping off luggage. Your GPS will tell you to drive through a narrow gate into the town--and that is the only way to get to the hotel--despite the signs telling you NOT to drive into the town. You can unload luggage, but cannot park in the square (despite the fact that many cars do...). It isn't a bad walk to the public lot outside the city walls, but its not convenient.

Our room was fine. Big and with a great view, but clearly old a tired. Not a negative, just the way it was. The staff was friendly and breakfast was pretty good.

We had visited Telc in January 2004 and wanted to see it in the spring. It is beautiful. IF you are going to spend the night in Telc, I would recommend the Hotel Celerin. Telc is definitely worth a visit, but I would suggest spending the night in Cesky Krumlov instead.

Room Tip: Get the room with the view of the town.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

Firstly I want to say that the lady on reception was just lovely and did her very best to help us.

However....
There is no parking at the hotel (as was indicated by Expedia). You can drop your luggage off but then have to drive and leave your car out of town in an unsecured car park and walk back in. It's only a 5 minute walk but we weren't really comfortable about leaving the car so far away.

The hotel is old, tired and feels rundown. The room was huge and looked over the square, but the furniture is really old, the TV screen is 11 inches and there is no screen or shower curtain over the bath. The water sprayed everywhere!

The breakfast was nice though and Telc is a sleepy place anyways.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Though we were not expecting a 4-star experience, Hotel Celerin could have offered a lot more than it did. Hotel Celerin's main selling point is its central location on the beautiful town square of Telc. I would characterized the hotel itself as funky rather than quaint. For example, in the room we stayed, there were stairs leading to the bathroom -- one in which a tall male (me!) could not stand to use the toilet due to a low ceiling and a shower with no shower curtain or partition to prevent water from spraying about. In addition, through the exhaust fan vent you could hear conversations (softly) coming from another room. The green carpet in the room was tired and in need of replacement. Hopeful that breakfast the next morning would raise my grade, I was disappointed. The only hot option was hard boiled eggs. There were few choices in limited amounts. The front desk clerk was also responsible for stocking the breakfast, so you get the idea. Again, great location in Telc, but there may be better options around or until Hotel Celerin improves its offerings,

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2017

We stayed here in July, and the location is perfect being right on the square. The employees were extremely friendly. There is parking a quick 3 minute walk away, as the square parking is limited to a few businesses. The room was nice enough, and I'd probably stay here again if I ever make my way through Telc.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Of course, you cannot have an A/C due to the UNESCO historical place. However, the hotel is good, price/value ratio is OK, I gladly recommend it. It is right on the corner of the small historical cenre, Everything is in a walking distance. WiFi is OK, too.

Room Tip: Ask for room 12. We were satisfied with it.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple