“Perfect location and friendly staff”
Review of Riverside Hostel

Riverside Hostel
Ranked #25 of 225 Speciality Lodging in Gdansk
Reviewed 27 July 2016

I booked this for a stag do (we were a respectable crowd for UK stags) and it was spot on. Was worried one room was not en suite but there are plenty of clean bathrooms with private showers. It is a small place right on the river with an amazing view from some rooms. The location is spot on and right by the high street, although a bit of a walk from the train station. The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was mediocre but a bonus to be honest! Bargain. Only one key a room though and yes I do note some of the other reviews here about small things that could be improved.

Room Tip: One room has a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 June 2016

I was very hungover and trying poop, while right next to me a group of girls were brushing their teeth. I had to put toilet paper down to silence my plop.

The TV was also rubbish and wouldn't let us watch the Euros.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

A few points I need to mention.

1) Rooms lack basic functions such as power outlets that work, blinds, a lock on the bathroom, a shower head that stands on its own, toilet roll and hand soap.

2) over charged me when i left for reasons unbeknownst.

3) Can't seem to reply to emails explaining these charges.

4) Lazy staff

Avoid if you can.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2016

This hostel is right in the middle of town. The room was clean and there was a good communal area to chat to other visitors with tea available! The staff were helpful. I had an en suite room which I was not expecting. It was excellent value. Not much variety at breakfast, but overall I had a great stay here.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Alice H
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the riverside hostel for about 3 nights and we liked it very much.
The best thing about this place is actually its location in the absolute center of the old City. You have to walk like around the corner and you are at the main tourist spots.
The stuff is friendly and helpful too.
Moreover we really liked our room. It was a cozy one.
And the price was great, we payed about 15€ a night.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Manuel R
Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

Group of 6 stayed at the riverside in Dec 2016. Medium-small sized hostel, well run helpful staff.

Rooms are solid, plenty of bathrooms/showers about.

Location is bang central (literally off main Street) didn't notice too much noise and we were roadside.

Wouldn't say it was a particularly 'lively' hostel. Not many people in the hostel at the time, more of a good base to meet and get info. Gdansk is lively enough to meet people out.

Breakfast, standard European hostel cereal, cheese and bread combo.

Only drawback, one miserable member of staff (might have been having a bad day), young (ish) lady, seemed to be irritated by everything- didn't get a name.

Other staff were very helpful.

Overall good hostel, well placed nice and calm place.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank PartisanOwl
Reviewed 4 January 2016

What a great stay.

I was with a group of friends and we had the entire 10 man dorm to ourselves. We also had friends staying in other private dorms and other shared dorms.

All the feedback was the same - great clean rooms.

The breakfast, which was included was great - tea / coffee / toast / cheese the usual. However, as it was included in my stay price I was nicely surprised with what was served.

This is a great find, very affordable and pretty central.

I highly recommend it!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends