“Not as impressive at the rave reviews” 3 of 5 bubbles

Pimiento Restaurant - Stare Miasto
Ranked #28 of 1,428 Restaurants in Krakow
Price range: US$21 - US$106
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Pimiento Restaurant was opened in spring 2007. Since the very beginning Pimiento has become popular not only among inhabitants of Cracow but also among great number of tourists visting our city. Our restaurant is famous for its fantastic beef imported from Argentina directly to our kitchen. Having such wide range of beef to choose, we guarantee unforgettable experience and always welcome you in our Restaurant.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Not as impressive at the rave reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012 via mobile

When I asked locals for a dinner recommendation, this restaurant was mentioned with rave reviews. I went with high expectations but left not seeing any of it. There wasn't a single thing that I can say blew me away. It was just ok.

My appetizer was small. My main course was a tough sirloin steak, reinforcing my past experience that European chef's can ruin even a piece of good meat. I asked for it to be cooked medium rare to medium and it came out rare (with a cold raw center). They threw it back in the grill, but because it had been cut, the juices drained away making the final product dry.

The restaurant was packed this Wednesday night, so a reservation is recommended. Good wine selection. The menu is pricey and not for those traveling on a budget.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
“Food is Wonderful....Service not so wonderful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

My hotel (Hilton Garden Inn) recommended and booked a reservation for me. The restaurant is a few doors down from the US Embassy and the road is closed to cars so the taxi dropped me at the end of the street and I walked 40 yards. I arrived and the Maitre d' gave me a warm welcome and knew who I was (Wow!) and immediately showed me to a really nice table in a great part of the restaurant! Here comes the issues; the waiter seemed very rushed and didn't speak great English and wasn't clear with questions regarding the menu; was it a la cart or not? I wanted the Rib Eye, but they were sold out at 7:15pm....come on they are a steak house! The food was delicious, fresh, well prepared and a lovely presentation! Decent portion, but I had to look/wait for the waiter to get a 2nd glass of wine. I would recommend this restaurant, but I probably just caught them on a bad night.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Pimiento, Kazimierz, Jesefa 26”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Great restaurant but in the Jewish district not old town. Visited on a Sunday night, very quiet but great food and service, perfect steaks and good value. Do not hesitate to visit, you will not be disappointed.

Northern Ireland
“Tremendous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We went to this restaurant as it was next to Pepe Rosso and thought we would give it a go. On entering the restaurant we were greeted by a very polite waiter who straight away uttered. Good evening friends. We were ushered downstairs to the "cave" which was an underground brick cave like seating area which was softly lit and beautifully decorated. This is a very romantic area.
We ordered naturally the fillet steak with pepper sauce and all i can say is WOW. The food here is just wonderful. Price with starter and fine bottle of wine was around £40 for two (NOT EACH) and was well worth it. You are not rushed and could literally sit all night. Marvellous atmosphere and superb food.

Krakow, Poland
“Absolutely recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

In case of this restaurant, there is no other option to start from but food. Frankly speaking, I haven't had a chance to eat such fantastic food for a while now. Everything - from a starter, through main dish and ending at dessert was magnificent, extremely tasty. Then, there is a large choice of very good wines. Service is very professional and friendly. Interior is elegant, but not posh which makes it a good place for an evening with friends, family or clients too. I do reccommend this place with full responsibility.It has very convinient location as well - right in the city center but aside of main tourist routes. The only downside are the prices - restaurant is not the cheapest one and you have to prepare for at least 80 pln for main dish (20 eur).

• 4 of 5 bubbles