Review of Penguin Rooms 1211

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Cultureco...
Barcelona, Spain
“Great space, good location, proprietor needs to learn about customer experience”
Reviewed May 27, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

This apartment is a 3rd floor walkup in a residential neighbourhood that is quite close to many places you will want to visit in Krakow. It has ample skylights that make it bright, sunny, and comfortable. It is equipped with a full kitchen, with limited, but adequate equipment, with one exception: no coffee pot. And therein hangs a tale.

I mentioned to the manager that there was a coffee grinder (he denied this, but I insisted, since I had handled it) and a supply of coffee, but nothing to make the coffee in. He very politely explained to me that (despite the existence of these things) in Poland people always drank instant coffee. Now, I have been not only in Poland, but in Krakow, many times. The place has a large stock of expresso bars and cafes, and the supermarket shelves are as well stocked with coffee as anywhere else. I don't believe for a moment that Poles prefer instant. His attempt to use cultural differences to explain a lacking essential was a ham handed effort at best;

But this was symptomatic of a certain lack of understanding about what the term "customer experience" means. They are, for example, quite rigid about checkin and checkout times. But peoples' flights don't necessarily coincide with lodgers' schedules. Hotels understand this, and so do most rentals you get through platforms like AirBNB. But not this one. The apartment was being cleaned, but I had to wait two hours with my baggage somewhere in a neighbourhood that I didn't know to gain entry. Eventually, the manager called me to tell me that yes, I could go right away because the cleaning had finished - which was fine, but why couldn't I have just left my suitcase there, and left the cleaner to finish working?

For my departure, it was even worse. Checkout was 11:00am and I had a flight at 8:00 pm. I had to take a half-hour trip to their office to leave my baggage for the day. It was obvious that this was considered an unusual request, and that my presence (and my luggage) was an intrusion on their privacy.

This system can work for a single traveler as I was. But for a family, this can be a real show-stopper. The people were all very nice an courteous, nothing to fault there; however, they did not have a clear idea of how to meet customer needs, nor the idea of "hospitality," which is the name of the industry they are supposedly in.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing