“Beautiful Krakaw”

Ranked #92 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Beautiful Krakaw”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My mum and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel just recently for 3 days. It is just beautiful, the staff were so friendly and nothing seemed a problem for them. A big thank you to Andrew the doorman, who always had a welcoming smile. The breakfast is a great start to the day with lots of variety. A really lovely hotel in an amazing city. Would highly recommend.

Donna Griffin

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Donna G
Anna B, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear that you liked the location and the services provided by Andrew. We look forward to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed for four nights at the Grand. We had a warm welcome from Reception and were taken to a lovely room on the second floor. It was spacious, clean and well equipped. The location is perfect - just a couple of minutes walk from the main square, however, the downside of this was the noise. At 2am the nightclub opposite was in full swing with noisy revellers spilling out onto the street below and staying there for a couple of hours. On our second night, one of the partygoers sat on the pavement playing a drum for two hours! We asked the hotel if they could move him on but no joy. We asked to move to a quieter room and the hotel was very accommodating, but the second room seemed far inferior to the first, so I suppose it is a trade off between a nice room and a quiet night - you can't have both!

Breakfasts were great, and at all times the staff were helpful and polite. Don't bother with the fitness room as most of the equipment doesn't work! There is a sauna (extra charge) but we didn't try this.

All in all we had a nice stay and the hotel itself is lovely and feels special (it was a former palace). Think we were just a bit unlucky with the room.

Room Tip: Room 29 very noisy due to nightclub opposite.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angela5555
Warsaw
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We have visited this hotel for the second time after a couple of years. We went there to celebrate my birthday. Unfortunately it turned out that the hotel has got much worse in the meantime (previous time it was not perfect either) and now it is definitely NOT value for money.

In short, good points about the hotel are:
1) Location (although in summer can be noisy)
2) Name and the atmosphere
3) The luggage guy - helpful yet usually there is only one person. By the way, why luggage boys must carry all their loads with hands? It is not healthy (I felt pity of him) and they should use some trolleys.

Bad points about the hotel
1) Reception - there is only ONE person (try to check out if you are in a hurry)
2) Service and breakfast:

There is not much food, not much choice (I am not picky!). There was some miserable leftovers.

How it works in practice? When I tried to get some scramble eggs there was nothing. So I tried to get some coffee - it was out. So I tried to get some tea - but the water was still boiling. I managed to get some juice from the mostly-empty bottle (other bottles were - guess what? Of course! - empty...).

In general, I believe that there could be a person serving coffee or tea so that guests did not have to walk over the rooms.

The stuff seems to be very unhappy (perhaps underpaid), opening kitchen doors with their feet and exchanging sour remarks. When I asked in the reception why there was almost nothing to eat, the lady answered that "many people appeared at the same time".

When I asked whether a hotel with 5 stars should take into consideration that "many people" would probably like to eat their breakfast at similar hour, she shrouded her shoulders. In exchange, she never told me "good morning" or "good bye" when I was checking in.

Take my advise - do not come there. Neither it is worth your money nor your stress you can get there.

Room Tip: Bearing in mind their service, you'd better do not count on their friendly help with finding goo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Dareeeeeeek
Reviewed 2 April 2012 via mobile

We had a lovely two day break at the Grand. The room was spacious, clean and beautifully furnished. It was very quiet and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast excellent. We used City Tours for our visit to Auschwitz, but would have liked more freedom and a longer visit. We had some great food in the local restaurants for what felt like pennies. Lovely city.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Gillian G
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Just returned from three days business in Poland, based in Krakow. Stayed at the Grand hotel, but had to move from the room which faced the Lizzard King nightclub (noisy smokers on the street until four am.
We again booked Adam from Professional Transport Services, www.auschwitz-krakow.com who provides a first class service. Always prompt to pick you up, has good english and is very knowledgable about the area, its history and current news. Our business trip took us on a two hour drive to Czechowice-Dzeidzice which was a comfortable informative journey. On the way back Adam had lunch with us and we sampled his Polish Vodka.
Definitely recommend Adam for your Krakow visit.
Definitely recommend Krakow for a city break.

Room Tip: Room facing the Lizzard King nightclubare noisy until early morning.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank stuart b
Anna B, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear that you liked Cracow. I look forward to serve you in the future.
budapest
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We have stayed 2 nights at the Grand Hotel in Krakow. We have chosen this hotel due to the previous reviews. Whilst the convenient location of the hotel speaks for itself as it cannot be more central; the reception - breakfast room - hallways etc. are clean, elegantly furnished and gorgeous something must have happened. We don't believe that the standard provided would achieve a 5star rating, but rather than berate them I would list several problems which are for you to decide whether something similar would bother you or not:
*as the temperature outside was about 2C we expected the rooms to be heated - once complained that it is so cold that we cannot take our coats off they said they KNOW of the problem but all they can do is to equip us with a storage heater. The bedding was damp due to the cold and they could not change the rooms as we booked a Double Deluxe with a Queen Bed they could only exchange it to a smaller room with separate beds. A compromise was reached by installing the heaters and changing of the bedding.
*the bedding, towels had way to much use in them! - they were grey, shabby and had holes in them! this is not because I'm a snob, its rather due to the fact that I don't own bedding with holes in it , so if I pay to the Grand Hotel a 5*Hotel I don't expect to be put up in that!
*the toiletries were basically non existent -half roll of toilet roll, cheap, received one of everything ! had to ask for extra! light bulbs out, no writing paper, pen, chocolate etc...which is ok but again this supposed to be a 5* Hotel!
*We arrived in a car so I had two coats, scarf etc. the bellboy DID NOT carry ANY of our stuff up - he gave the two coats, scarf etc. after checking in, in a BUNCH in my hand!
*And last but not least the noise coming from the street is unbearable - stay away if you are a light sleeper!
So that's me done with moaning- its up to you to decide....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank wk1789
Anna B, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thanks a lot for taking a time to write your review. I am awfully sorry to hear that you did not like your stay with us. I have to say I regret the fact that I did not have an opportunity to meet with you and talk when you stayed at the Grand Hotel. The only think I can do is to say how sorry I am and hope that next time (If you give our Hotel a second chance) your stay will be more pleasant.

Kind Regards,
Anna Bak
Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at The Grand Hotel in Krakow. We loved it and thought the hotel was superb. The hotel was beautiful and the staff could not have been more attentive. The room was spacious, clean and elegantly furnished. The bathroom looked as though it had been recently refurbished. The shower was powerful but unlikely many hotels didn't flood the bathroom when you used it!!! The hotel was centrally placed for all the attractions. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Fiona Q
Anna B, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Hello, thanks a lot for your review and great comments about the Grand Hotel. We were delighted to have you here as our guests and glad to hear that you love our place. We do hope, you will visit Poland next time having a great time with us again!:)