All reviews oldest hotel l'occitane toiletries the main square excellent location old town jacuzzi bath walk in shower sister hotel fitness room high ceilings street noise side street lovely hotel large bathroom desk staff nespresso machine i highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is delightful! Entering, you are greeted by a helpful and attentive staff, the lobby, while small, is comfortable and always spotless. The rooms (each one is different so I always prefer the quaintness of the top floor with vaulted ceilings and a nice view of the rooftops and the steeple where the lone trumpeter plays -on the hour, 24/7/365.)
The bathrooms are modern (with rain showers and l'Occitan amenities and loaded with soft, fresh towels and all conveniences) and spotless in contrast to the traditional decor of the rooms (which are also spotless) and the beds are comfy....
The restaurants (there are two and I have repeatedly eaten at both) are pleasingly decorated and present a choice of Italian food or continental food. The free breakfast in the morning is spectacular and has been consistent for at least the ten years I have stayed at this hotel. Coffee is abundant, available as fresh cappucino, espresso, or whatever your heart desires along with the standard American coffee or cafe Au lait-wonderful and the staff will arrange any items you want if you don't see them on the buffet (it is highly unlikely that the buffet doesn't have what you are looking for unless it is baked beans on toast a la Anglais).
The hotel is around a 20-25 minute ride from the airport (traffic means it can vary from 20 to 30 depending) and the cost of the ride seems to be less than $20 American.....in Zlotys, Euros or Dollars without the tip.
Many cabs will take credit cards but they appreciate cash far more. If you must have a cab which takes credit card, state this to the driver up front either when you reserve or when you hail the cab. Cabbies always speak English and usually also other languages. In Poland the entire population is quite multi lingual and happy to speak any language they feel makes a guest feel welcome! Cabbies are also generally scrupulously honest (as is everyone in a hospitality position whom I have encountered) and will usually ask you if you have a preferred route to your destination to ensure that you don't feel taken advantage of.....I have NEVER had a moment's hesitation in a cab in Poland and I have taken hundreds of them.
The hotel located perfectly and is across the street from an ATM inside a Bank Lobby accessible probably 0700-2400. There are drug stores, convenience stores and every type of retail shop imaginable within a block and the hotel is two blocks off the main market square. There is a big Sephora across from the hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel....price is reasonable and it gets a perfect rating from me every time I stay....which is often.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle D
Malgorzata_Godzik, Dyrektor generalny at Hotel Pod Roza, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Dear Guests, T%hank you very much for your great opinion. I am very happy you are satisfied with our services. I hope you will visit us again, soon. Kind regards, Małgorzata Godzik-Kęsek, GM

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Our first visit to Krakow, and it will not be our last. Similarly Hotel Pod Roza. Stunning marble adorns the interior of this exquisite and centrally located hotel. Air conditioned room was most welcome in the sweltering August heat. The old town square is a short walk from the hotel, as are all the local amenities.
The room is large, with a huge bed, tastefully decorated with classy hardwood furniture. The bathroom is clad in marbled walls and wash stand. Lovely and clean overall. Attention to detail has been paid in hotel pod roza, and I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests, I am so happy to read your opinion. I am glad your first stay in our town met your expectations. We invite you to Pod Różą Hotel in the future. Kind regards, Małgorzata Godzik-Kęsek

Reviewed August 8, 2017

My wife, granddaughter and myself recently spent a week bed and breakfast in Pod Roza. The hotel is very old and has so much character, having been tastefully renovated over time.
Our room was spacious, even with the extra folding bed, and was double the height of a room in a modern house, with a chandelier in the centre. The bathroom was also spacious and had a jacuzzi bath. Because of the extreme heat we only used the walk in shower, which was fantastic- the shower head was about 8 inches across and the water came out as if you were standing in a real rain shower, but without the force of a power shower- Gene Kelly impressions from all of us- all together- I'm Singing....
Breakfast was excellent with a big range of hot- cooked to order- and cold, set in a large area with a glass roof, and similar to an Italian terrace. The quality was again excellent and was a lovely way to start the day.
When you stepped out onto Florianska, you were one minute from the amazing main city square- Rynek Glowny- so the hotel's position could not be better!
All the staff were so friendly and very helpful, nothing being too much trouble- thanks one and all!
If you stay there, and you are a wine drinker, take a look in the wine cellar- I'll say no more!
We loved the everything about Pod Roza, and thoroughly recommend it as a stylish place to stay when exploring wonderful Krakow!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NewcastleHelen

Dear Guests, thank you so much for choosing pod Różą Hotel for your sat in Kraków. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will visit us again, very soon. Best regards, Małgorzata Godzik-Kęsek, GM

Reviewed August 6, 2017

pod rosa is a lovely hotel who looked after me and my disabled wife everything we asked for we got food lovely and wheelchair in lift no problem location to square good bed comfortable and quite a big room staff helpful for us they are good points but I think a few English tv channels would help for people in wheelchairs who are not as good on there feet alsa tea and coffee in room would go a long way

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Malgorzata_Godzik, Dyrektor generalny at Hotel Pod Roza, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Dear Guests, we would like to thank you for your stay at the Pod Różą Hotel. I am glad we were helpful. I hope you will come back to Kraków very soon and choose our hotel. Kind regards, Małgorzata Godzik-Kęsek, GM

Reviewed July 11, 2017

The Pod is a very old charming building that has been totally renovated. Large, comfortable rooms.
Breakfasts served each morning under the glass skylight is both charming and delicious. Best omelets. Omelets so big after the second morning I asked for a one egg omelet.
New Starbucks just across the street. Street closed to vehicles. Good location.

Room Tip: View on the side street is noisy late into the night with young people in the street.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank berniez34372
Malgorzata_Godzik, Dyrektor generalny at Hotel Pod Roza, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Dear Guests, thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and breakfast. Hope to meet you again, soon. Kind regards, Małgorzata Godzik-Kęsek, GM