“Slightly disappointing hotel - and so hot!”

Sheraton Grand Krakow
Ranked #38 of 260 Hotels in Krakow
Brussels, Belgium
“Slightly disappointing hotel - and so hot!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Aimed at the business traveller, the hotel offers all the facilities and services one would expect from a modern Sheraton. The architectural feature of the hotel is the atrium that rises above the bar and reception areas. However, I found this made the public areas of the hotel unbearably hot, even though these were not the warmest days in June, and spent one morning working on one of the guestroom floors by an open window, instead of the business centre.

The quality of service was not quite up to the mark. Our room was not available on arrival, even though it was late afternoon (and my wife was the host of a meeting of over 100 people in the hotel). We were given a voucher for the bar. Moreover, the bedroom was never serviced before mid-afternoon. The bar itself was not late closing at night, so bad luck if one fancied a digestive after dinner elsewhere in the city.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank EUConsumer
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion referring to your stay at our Hotel. I personally assure you I will share the feedback with our associates. Your remarks regarding the mentioned aspects like temperature and the service will be taken into consideration. We deeply regret any inconvenience that you have experienced. Surely your alert will help us to improve in certain fields and prevent such situations in the future.
We hope we will get the chance to welcome you again in our hotel.

With best regards,
Stijn Oyen
Sheraton Kraków Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in January. During those 3 days, we got a chance to eat in the hotel restaurant (decent), test out the gym (newer equipment, on the small side, only downside is that it is located in the hotel basement) and pool (smaller, in basement, but nice), and get a general feel of the hotel.

I would return to this hotel again. Our room (on 3rd floor- starwood level) overlooked the wawel. Room was large and clean. Everything in the hotel seemed newer or well maintained. Staff were pleasant and room was cleaned promptly upon leaving.

Rooms had a kettle and tea/coffee amenities as well as free bottled water. Shower was large and had enough pressure. No complaints about lack of hot water. Flat screen tv in room.

Hotel lobby/lounge area had free wifi. There was also a business center tucked away in the lounge area with free wifi and printing.

Hotel was not in the "heart of old town" but close enough to walk. Also, it is right on the river and steps away from wawel castle which must be beautiful in the summer months.

My reasons for not giving this property "excellent" reviews- A) I've gotten free wifi in other sheraton hotels and B) rooms are not completely soundproofed. During the early evening hours, there is a pianist that plays in the lobby. I could hear the music in my room.

As a "tip"- if you are in your bathroom, I could pick up the free wifi from the lobby.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the wawel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
London, England
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Spent 2 days in glorious Kraków,

On arrival at KRK we took the free bus to the train station and then the train into Glowny central . 10 zlotys a ticket available on board.

We then walked through the old town and made our way to the Sheraton. It's located on the river and probably about 10mins by foot from the main square.

Hotel has a lovely large atrium housing the main restaurant and one of the two hotel bars. Free wifi and pc/printers also available.

Our room was on the 3rd floor and facing the wavel which was an added bonus.
Spacious room, carpets a little dated for a new hotel but for the rest of the decor all clean and up to scratch!
Free bottled water provided.

Pool and gym are in the basement and we used them a couple of times, sauna and pool were always empty which was a plus!!

Sports bar in the hotel was a very handy, watched the Klitschko fight and the beer on tap was fresh!!

C.K Browar is a microbrewery pub nearby which I recommend, the food was immense and not pricey at all.

Restaurant Bohema is also highly recommended.

Advice for anybody visiting Auschwitz, do NOT I repeat NOT take the train to Oswiecim, it took about 1h50 mins (11zlotys) and the seats on the train are made from hard plastic, my back has not recovered and I have resurrected a sciatic nerve issue from a previous sports injury!! Note from my travelling companion "... the train added to the Auschwitz experience as the route into Oswiecim is lined with abandoned factories and the bleak vista sets the tone for the trip!.. "

You also need to take a cab from Oswiecim as it's too far to walk. Also leave enough time for the visit to both camps, it takes about 5 hours with the guided tour, don't make the mistake of doing it yourself, guide was very pleasant and informative.

There is a fast coach from the museum to the main train station in Krakow, 1st class comfort compared to the Soviet style train we took earlier in the day. takes bout 70mins. (about 15 zlotys)

Hotel staff are all very friendly and really made us feel welcome, I managed to trap all my clothes in the gym locker and the lady working in the gym handled the situation very well and salvaged my shirt/pants + my dignity!!!

Hotel arranged transport back to airport on the Sunday, 80 zloty, prob could have got it cheaper had we just hailed a cab ourselves but we were in a rush!

transfer time to airport by car is about 15mins.

Great trip and great hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank jimroger17767
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife and I and another couple stayed in the Sheraton for three nights last week. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The staff in all areas from reception to bar to room service were most friendly and courteous. There was an issue with our booking confirmation which was sorted with the minimum of fuss. One tip I would give travellers, if going to Auschwitz or the Salt Mines, book a driver through the hotel. It cuts out all the hassle and is not expensive...about 100 euro per day for driver and Mercedes...great value if you are a foursome. Ask for Simon or Martin to drive you...great English and very knowledgable.

Brendan and Claire Dunne

Room Tip: Choose a castle view room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I've been staying in the hotel for the last 4 1/2 years. It is consistently fantastic. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The general manager makes an effort to personally speak to as many guests as possible. The rooms are always immaculate and the food is good and reasonably priced. The gym facilities are very good and worth a visit iof you stay. the location is ideal for a trip to krakow. 5 min walk to the main square..
Keep it up guys!!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ireland
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on a few occasions now and have to reiterate it is one of my favourite hotels in the world. That good I brought the whole family (11 in total) to the amazing new years ball they host the year before last. The staff are polite, friendly and eager to please. The sports bar & main restaurant are world class. The rooms second to none. Hats off to all the staff for creating this really special place. I will be back again and again..... Great spot to explore this beautiful city from.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank EverettIreland
Warsaw
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed here for a weekend break. I take different hotel in Krakow usually, but this time I wanted to add a stay to my SPG status.
Hotel is in the best location in Krakow- Just next to the Wawel and a five minutes walk from market square. Rooms are large and very clean- well decorated however I prefer modern style- they look like they were designed in mid 90'.

Service as it should be in 5* property- polite and helpfull.

They should definitely change one thing- we asked receptionist to order a taxi to the airport for us. They did it and Krak Taxi came to pick up us. The problem was that driver took us by the longest way to the airport (by the highway). We paid 91 PLN!! for what we normally pay around 50. I think they should cooperate with more reliable taxi corporation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple