“not bad for your money” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Alexander Hotel
Ranked #97 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
Portishead
“not bad for your money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

stayed at this hotel from the 14th to the 18th of march we experienced no problem with noise from other guest, the staff didnt seem to helpful but were not unfriendly,the breakfast was not to bad plenty of choice and stocked up regularly when we were there, as for the location was good for getting around (tram stop 1 minutes walk away) and close to rynek glowny for exchanging money,etc would stay again if it was the right price.

Room Tip: rooms at the back was quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Macduff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012 via mobile

Very poor,room dirty and very over priced,stayed there the year before and the room and staff were very friendly,not this time,so disappointed that the rest of my stay in krakow I managed to book into another hotel

Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Yan C
Colchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Do not stay in this hotel at weekends under any circunstancesas it is a magnet for groups of drunken "stag fest" people who come in and make noise all the way through the night. A group of drunken Irish women brought in a whole load of Polish blokes for a party!My attempt at getting the receptionist to do anything was a complete waste of time. At one point I threatned to call the police, but to no avail. I was with a group of students whose trip was completely ruined by what happened. I have since written to the hotel and received a reply stating that they promise to do better next time! Not good enough by a country mile.

If you are a teacher thinkiong of using this hotel or are being put there by your tour operator over a weekend - insist on a change of hotel or better still change tour operator.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Alain69190735
Elgin, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

we stayed here 5 3 12 to 8 3 12 it was a cheap deal but total excellent value was good location nice very clean room and warm to warm really could not fault anything really no view but who cares was there to see the sights not stare out of a hotel room breakfast as wot u would expect for europe basic but good overall excellent value hotel def recomend going bak nto krakow so will use again

Room Tip: dont read neg reviews just go book it place spot on i can b fussy but impressed me enjoy
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank William S
crewkerne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We spent four nights at this hotel from 14 -18 December 2011. The room although not overly large was clean and warm. The breakfast was a hot and cold buffet with a vast choice of foods, one of the best breakfasts I have found in any hotel. There were some renovations/decorating going on at the time of our visit but did not cause us any inconvenience.
The hotel is within a few minutes walk of the city centre and main square.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Guernsey, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed at the Alexander 05/03/2012 - 07/03/2012 and was totally disappointed with my stay.

When I checked in, the receptionist treated me more as an annoyance, handed me a brochure and pointed in the direction of where my room was. When I entered my room, it stank of stale cigarette smoke. The room was basic, which is what I expected but the carpet was dirty and obviously hadnt been hoovered recently.

A major issue with the room (rm 115) was that it was FREEZING! I had to open the door to the hallway in the hope some of the heat would get in. I had a twin for sole use and had to use the cover from the other bed, which would not be feesible of there were two people using the room. The blankets also smelt so bad, I could not cover myself fully as the smell made me gag.

Breakfast was ok. Typical choice of meats/bread etc although things ran out quickly, even though it started at 7 and I turned up at 8 and there were not many people eating. I saw a waitress once while she replenished the ham and that was that.

Upon checking out, I had to wait for the receptionist to finish her private call (obviously unaware I had a flight to catch) and a good seven minutes later I gave her my key and asked for directions to the train station. She pointed to the left and said 'that way'.....HELPFUL!

I will not be staying there again and am very disappointed with the lackluster customer service I received and the fact my room was so cold.

Room Tip: do not stay in room 115
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay in Alexander Hotel and were very pleased. The Hotel is in a fantastic location. It is a 5 minute walk to the Old Town Square. There is also a 24 hour supermarket about two minutes away. The Hotel is extremely clean and the room was fairly spacious and also very clean. We arrived at 12.30 and our room was already ready despite check in being 2 pm. We had a tea/coffee maker and the bed was comfortable. One thing i would say is the duvet was a little on the small side and we are not big people! Reception were very helpful, offering to book tours and taxi and providing us with a map. Breakfast was good - scrambled egg, sausage, toast, ham, cheese, pastries, fruit, cereal, juices and tea/coffee. Overall a very good hotel for the price and would recommend for a city break.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple