Review Highlights
Outside Krakow but worth it

Well worth the trip out of town. A very pleasant visit. Very nice food, great view, kinda... read more

Reviewed August 15, 2018
Andy B
Krakow, Poland
Amazing place.

This place will feel in your memory like an unforgettable experience. The "Castle" and adjacent... read more

Reviewed January 11, 2018

from US$20.25
from US$26.61
from US$9.25
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 31, 2014

It is a 10 minutes drive from Krakow. Not known much to tourists. Its in the hills and over looks the entire city. It is the best view from the top of the city you can get with the lush green outfields on the other side. They have a restaurant which serves traditional Polish Food, and you can dine on the balcony over looking the city.

Ideal place for a Lunch on a sunny day

Date of experience: October 2014
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Przegorzaly Castle offers café and restaurant with a breathtaking view on Krakow and its surroundings!

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We went here for the view and lunch due to reviews I read on tripadvisor. So glad we did. We were staying at Andels hotel in Krakow so we took a taxi here and then called for one when we were ready to leave. It is about a 15 minute ride to this castle. It is not a castle to tour as it is used more as a civic area/education building now-there was a child's dance/movement class going on while we were there in the main lobby. You go downstairs to the restaurant which is very mod 70's style to me-very cute with a nice bar. It was a beautiful day when we were there about 2 weeks ago with a nice breeze so there was not a single person eating inside. There is an upper and lower balcony outside with table service. The lower balcony was my preference as each table has it's own archway so you feel like you have your own private window with a view, definitely makes you feel more like you are dining at a castle. The upper balcony was a normal open railing. We could see for miles and miles and it was so serene and calming just sitting in the castle setting and looking out over the rolling hills and river. The service and food were both excellent. Nice presentation and cooked to our preference. My husband started with a French onion soup which was not a beef broth base like we are use to but a much lighter base which was different but fabulous. He and our younger son had pork medallions with bacon wrap and our other son had beef fillet-all said they were tender and very good. I had a wild mushroom soup in a beautiful bread bowl, a vegetable medley in puff pasty and we all shared some creamed spinach and grilled vegetables...my mouth is watering now thinking about it. Don't go here expecting a castle tour, go to Wawel for that, come here for a relaxed afternoon, the amazing view and a wonderful meal. Small children may be bored here with a leisurely lunch, our boys are 18 and 20 and enjoyed it immensely as my husband and I did. Would definitely go back here on our next visit.

Date of experience: July 2014
6  Thank Valerie M
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We went to the restaurant. Nice view from the terrace but inside a bit outdated. The lower restaurant has street lights on brick tables. Doesn't sit very well and staring in the light isn't comfortable . The bar however had something charming with the 30's style (I think). The staff was very helpful and spoke english. The food was okay.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I consider Przegorzaly Castle to offer one of top 3 views Krakow can offer. It's hidden gem - living here for 30 years this is the place when I take visitors to.
Good restarant food too. Grab a coffee and enjoy the view! If you are lucky, Tatra mountains might be visible.

2  Thank Majuszek