1,844 results
All reviews swimming pool great hotel free boat trip jewish quarter hotel boat river view sauna and steam room old town across the river nice pool leisure facilities business hotel tram stop top floor modern hotel small gym salt mines
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Four star hotel in great location in this great little city. Good sized room clean and comfortable .
Didn't eat in hotel as the choice of eatery's nearby is unbelievable.
Comfortable beds apart from the duvets too small.
You would be pushed to find a better location for the price .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip B
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

By the banks of The Vistula, this hotel is around 30 minutes on foot away from the Main Square, across the river. Although there’s a direct tram and always good taxi drivers on hand via the hotel reception.

I’d previously stayed nearer the Main Square and as Kraków is noticeably a lot busier with tourists than a few years back, I loved being slightly further out of the Main Square.

The buffet breakfast was spectacular; everything from smoked salmon, fresh fruits and a large homemade Mediterranean tart with a buttery pastry case. And a super array of well labelled Polish dishes. The Polish pressed apple juice was delicious. Well done to the chefs! There is only one (standard, slow) although it took 4 slices. I think something like a Conveyor or Commercial toaster would be a good idea.

We contacted the hotel via email to request a river view, the 10 Euro charge per day is worth it.

This hotel has its own boat, so it’s worth booking so you can avail of your free boat trip! The Captain is great, and it’s quite a jaunt down the River to Wawel Castle.

The rooms are good - a kettle, bottled water, a mini fridge (I stored a few chilled items in it), a digital safe and a decent ironing board. There’s also a sturdy Qubus umbrella. There’s no long life milk and we got just Ceylon teabags. But I lifted a few teabags from the huge selection at breakfast.

Some fixtures and fittings I think needed updating. The pillow was rather limp and the deep enamel bath was tough to get in and out of. I’m quite short and I think it was designed with someone taller in mind. The rooms were kept spotlessly clean the housekeeping staff do an excellent job & were very helpful when we asked them for help.

I made good use of the pool area. Especially the jacuzzi. It’s not as accessible as pool areas are in the UK. There’s no hoist for disabled people for example. Also in 4 star hotels in the UK there are swimsuit dryers. Although there’s a heated rail in your bathroom, there’s not much fun putting a damp swimsuit on. The pool is on the top of the hotel, so you do get a good view.

The area the hotel is in, Podgórze, the area in which the former Jewish Ghetto was located in. It’s a short walk from Oskar Schindler’s factory, now a busy attraction, and his former villa, now overgrown & abandoned.

Near the hotel are excellent restaurants, like Primo Italian, an equally ice cream shop and a good convenience shop. St. Joseph’s Church, and beyond the church I found Krakus Mound and St. Benedict’s Church.

Thoroughly enjoyed the holiday in this hotel. And when the time came for the journey home, the hotel had booked a really good taxi driver, so we were whisked off to the airport in an E class Mercedes. Would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Daytripper24182
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

I have just spent two nights at this hotel
I had a very easy check in process and quickly in my room
The room was modern and nicely laid out.
Room overlooked the river which was nice
Bed comfortable but a little too soft for me
I used the gym a couple of times and this is the only thing that let the hotel down.
It is dated and the equipment needs updating as it cracked and I couldn’t trust it. Indeed one of the bars fell on me
Breakfast was nice in the morning and the check out procedure easy.
I would stay here again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Andybarnes12
Reviewed September 19, 2018

We paid extra for a room overlooking the panorama of the old town and the river, and it was worth it. Breakfast was very good - lots of choice and we never waited long for a table though the hotel is busy. The lobby is spacious and most of the staff are helpful. The hotel is good for exploring Podgorze and Kazimierz. If you follow the riverside towards the footbridge and turn left at the end of Jozefinska there are pleasant cafes and a good Italian restaurant. The boat trip and the captain are excellent. Taxi drivers phoned for us by hotel receptionists were all helpful. I enjoyed the patio area on the river side of the hotel. It catches the sun and is screened from the road by shrubs.
The bath in our room was very high off the floor and on a sort of plinth, so I had to go to the fitness centre a floor below to shower. When I booked I hadn't realised the pool and showers are on separate floors. linked by a ghastly tiled staircase. Rubber matting that is curling at the edges has been stuck to the treads, after someone fell. There is a metal handrail also on one side.I have arthritis and have had a knee replacement, but have enjoyed pools in other hotels recently, and have never before had a problem using a shower over a bath.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Qubus H, Dyrektor generalny at Qubus Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Dear Sirs,
Thank you for taking the time to offer a review following your recent stay.
I was pleased to hear you enjoyed our staff and hotel location, however I was disappointed to learn that some aspects of you visit did not exceed you expectations. At the same time I would like to thank you for letting us know about such situations so we can consider future improvements to make pool using more safety and comfortable for everyone. Please, accept my apologies for all inconveniences.
I do sincerely hope that we will see you again.
Kind regards,
Jarosław Gbyl

Reviewed September 17, 2018

I was satisfied with the locaion, not very far from old city. There are places to walk around. Room was without any problem, bed soft and bathroom clean, there were also soma facilities available. Staff at reception was helpful and pleasant- Breakfast was tasty and rich.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Sirs,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments following your recent stay at Qubus Hotel Kraków and for your kind compliments on our service and facilities.
We appreciate your recommendation and hope we will see you again in the nearest future!
Yours sincerely,