“very happy to have stayed”
Review of Ascot Hotel

Ascot Hotel
Ranked #47 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 8 April 2012

hotel was in great location breakfast was very good special word of thanks to yarek nothing wa too much trouble , he made phone calls , booked the restaurant, and even posted on my phone which i had left behind will definitely stay again

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Excellent location, just 8 minutes away from Galleria Krakowska and around 10minutes away from the bus and train station which made it very easy to arrive from the airport. Although our room was facing the train railway, the room was quiet. Reception staff speaks English and they were very helpful as when they didn't know how to answer some of our queries, they did some online research and printed out the info for us. Breakfast was really good and well mannered staff. The only negative thing is that toilet paper, shower gel and shampoo was never topped up and we had to call the reception every day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the road and above the first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Filomen
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We spent one night in this nice modern hotel. Everything was almost perfect - clean and comfortable with air conditioning working properly. Tasty breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My friend and I booked through the Travel Department holiday website so we stayed for four days in this marvelous Hotel. Reception staff were very professional and spoke great English. I came without my travel Adaptor to charge my mobile phone so enquired where i could get one and they lent me one for the duration of my stay and also gave me a key for the safe for our room. Rooms were spacious and spotless clean with comfortable beds and good size shower and toilet facilities. Breakfast was a cold buffet and also had hot Bacon Scrambled egg and Sausages. Plenty of boiling water for tea and a good selection of Lipton tea bags and other tea bags for people who like there tea hot. Coffee was also there . Good selection at the buffet table and plenty and was kept replenished quickly by very efficient staff.
The only minor gripe I would have with this Hotel was I could only find one English speaking news channel ; CNN and the rest were foreign channels which i could not understand. That was our only disappointment. Very central and with in five minutes walking distance to the main square. My compliments to the Travel Department on there good choice of Hotel.

I have no hesitation in recommending this Excellent Hotel and we enjoyed our short stay in this wonderful Hotel in Krakow.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We were supposed to be staying at the Classic Hotel which is the Ascot's sister hotel but due to a train crash between Warsaw and Krakow on our arrival day, our rooms hadn't been vacated. We were quite happy to be offered rooms at the Ascot instead. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the staff very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is only a 10 minute walk from the old square and situated in a quiet area of the city. We were however very disappointed with the breakfasts. The 'fruit juice' was like weak squash, the coffee jug always seemed to be empty and the bread and cake was dry, giving the impression that it had sat out on the plate for several hours. The hot breakfasts were the biggest disappointment of all. On two of the three mornings we were there, the scrambled egg was finished and we ended up not having any because it took so long for a new batch to appear. On the first morning there was only scrambled egg as the bacon and frankfurter sausages had run out. Staff did not check often enough to see what needed to be topped up and each day we had to wait for something. There were a good choice of cold meats and cheeses but were not really what we wanted for breakfast.

3  Thank Marguerita D
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel on New Years Eve and then for my birthday in March. The hotel is fantastic and worth every penny. The rooms are exceptional and immaculately clean and very nice. The staff are really friendly and helpfull. The location is 5 minutes walk away from the Rynek. I have visited Krakow 7 times now and this is the best hotel I have stayed in. I reccomend this hotel 100%. Also if you get the train from the aiport its a 5 minute walk down a straight street and you cant get lost. 5 out of 5

4  Thank PhilBWFC
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Me and my gf were in krakow 4 days. Hotel was really nice. It is located 10 minutes of walk from train station, from old square, from Wawel, which is just great. The area just around the hotel is not beautiful and clean, but it doesnt make any difference when you can get to old square in short time. Staff is kind, helpful and professional. Food was quite good. Only disadvantage of the hotel is that they serve no dinners, only breakfasts and lunches. In generel very good hotel with excellent location.

Room Tip: Room 408 heads to train track (but you can barely hear trains there)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple