Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Krakowa Fabryka Emalia Oskara Schindlera
Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Ways to Experience Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Krakowa Fabryka Emalia Oskara Schindlera
from US$11.80
from US$13.60
from US$67.80
from US$23.60
15,124 results
All reviews nazi occupation schindler's factory excellent museum war years informative museum second world war schindler's list worth a visit jewish population two hours couple of hours guided tour visiting krakow the main square old town film exhibits
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Allow a minimum of 2 hours to fully appreciate the pictures and the narrative, including the main film, shown in a small cinema. Many personal stories skillfully shared via a mixture of different medium.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The museum had very good displays and was informative, but it seemed to focus more on the life of Jews in the ghettos and their hardships. It is definitely a story worth telling, but I nonetheless was a little surprised at how little of the museum was actually devoted to Oskar Schindler and his efforts to protect the Jews. Near the end of the tour you visit his office, and it provides some information about him, but that was it. Overall a very nice museum, but just be aware that you won't learn a tremendous amount about Schindler.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We visited on foot from our hotel in the former Jewish quarter and the this was a fifteen minute walk only. From the centre of Krakow if would be half an hour walk. Initially disappointed that there wasn’t more of the original factory and the large volume of written notices to read, the exhibition grew on me as we went round. There are some very poignant elements and I learnt many points of detail notwithstanding being pretty well acquainted with the story. I was grateful to have visited, in order to cement my understanding of the area and its history, the period of which, 1939-1945, represented the most appalling suspension of sentient (never mind humanistic) values amongst occupying Nazi Troops.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I expected to find a machine shop filled with old machinery but all was removed. There was a film show where wartime workers told of their experiences & a few exhibits & photographs. Not what I expected.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We toured the factory museum last week & while it was very informative, we would have benefited more had we been with a guide. We were not offered a guided tour but there was guided tours going on, So I would recommend this option. It was a great way to learn about the effects WWII had on the people of Krakow & some of the items on display were very interesting. The museum is very well thought out