See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 28, 2018

The hotel is OK. But it's just OK. The 4* are not a western European 4* standard but Polish 4* standard. Why?

1) reception: employees always playing on smartphone instead of watching guests (I saw yesterday the reception guy even not saying hello to new guests).

2) cleanliness: the bathrooms are not clean. chalky deposits everywhere, the carpets not 100% clean, the interior partly old or broken (toilet seat with paint that has shot off and it looks as there was an urine spot on it ;)). Overall the hotel seems not to be cleaned effectively.

3) balkony does not have any furniture so you have to take out the chair out of the room (now imagine 2 guests and 1 chair).

Overall: you can stay here, no problem. But the hotel is overrated and from my point of view the hotel thinks much of itself but the way to be a western European 4* hotel like Hotel Wildspitze in Pitztal or Panormarahotel Oberjoch in Bad Hindelang (the hotels I've visited recently and that are similar regarding the landscape/enivornment) is still a very long way for Hotel Meta. My tipp: the owner should check the cleanliness of the hotel and watch the details (e.g. you get apples at the reception, yesterday there was only one apple left lying lonesome on the plate - no go for a 'better' hotel, a western hotel would fill up the supply) and also some decorations (just having some sponsored BMW promotional items does not make the hotel an upper class hotel, try better with some seasonal decorations). Then some day maybe Meta Hotel will be an excellent hotel. Today it's just OK and not excellent (compare: 2,5* in western Europe).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdamO976
Mirosław R, Marketing at Meta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Dear Adam,
Thank you very much for the time you have taken to write to us and comment on what did not make your stay as wonderful as it should have been, as this is the only way we can continue to improve and grow. We highly appreciate feedback as we learn from it everyday.
I kindly ask you to accept my sincerely apology.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to Meta Hotel.
Best Regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

I need to admit that I have never been in Szczyrk before. I will recommend hotel Meta to everyone, couples for romantic weekend, families with children as there is special play room. You can enjoy a massage in dr. Eris establishment. Reception staff was really helpful and patient even with a guest like myself. Big thank you for Andrzej the bartender from vie bar for serving us. The ski area is just in front of the hotel. I do believe that I will be back there soon. One downside there is no indoor swimming pool but I have been assured that it will be in a new part which is currently a construction side. The hotel is suitable for wheelchairs, breakfast is in form of the buffet. While booking process you can request a balcony and get it without problem. There are party events as well in the outside bar.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Gugi,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing a review, we hope to welcome you back in the near future for another enjoyable stay at Meta Hotel in Szczyrk.
Best Regards

Reviewed May 29, 2017

We spent 3 nights in this hotel. Room was spacious, comfortable and clean.
Breakfast is diverse and taste. Staff is polite and want to help.
Quiet surrounding.
Good position for a walk on mountains-hills around.

My only problem with this hotel was extremely poor wi-fi signal in the room. As soon as I go out from the room, in the corridors and hotel lobby - signal is perfect. In the room(s) - you have to be near to the door for any normal signal.
However, from my point of view, is unacceptable that 4-stars hotel cannot provide a proper internet signal in the room.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
MarketingMeta, Kierownik ds. gości at Meta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Thank you for your review! We hope that you have truly enjoyed your stay! Remember that your opinion calls the shots for us and we would be glad to host you once again!

Reviewed December 7, 2016

The hotel is located in the heart of Szczyrk. This not too big hotel is stylish and very comfortable. It offers spa facilities which are really great after daylong skiing (ski lift is just outside the hotel). The restaurant offers very good local and international food. This is not a cheap place but certainly worth the price.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2016

We went to this tiny (middle of nowhere) resort town (actually a village) as part of a sporting event. The hotel booked by the event coordinators was horrifying (I'm not kidding), so we decided to drive down the street and find something better.

We ran across the Hotel Meta, and went inside. We were greeted by Joanna -- one of the friendliest hotel reception staff I've ever met -- who encouraged us to first look at the available room to make sure the view and amenities were okay.

The room was clean and spacious, with a quiet mountain view. We quickly moved our bags inside.

Our overall experience was good. Given how small this resort town is, I would even say our hotel our experience was "great" !!

To be clear, this is not a luxury hotel. It is, however, a very clean and well-run place to stay, where the staff try their best.

To be clear: In contrast to American hotels that I've rated 4-stars previously, this place is not of the same calibre. However, given its location and in comparison to the options available in this tiny village location, the Meta is definitely the best that we ran across.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the mountain and ski lift
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
MarketingMeta, Kierownik ds. PR at Meta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reviev. We are very pleased that you were satisfied with your stay at our hotel Meta. Thank you very much for appreciating our staff and the cleanliness of the rooms.
We hope you will visit us again in the near future, we're looking forward for it.

Kind regards