All reviewscosy barfab locationthe main squareold townvisit wroclawostrow tumskigreat place to stayaccommodationfloortoiletcitytvchurchbathpolish
Reviewed August 22, 2017

The guest house is located just off the main square on a quiet cobbled street and opposite the highly impressive St. Elizabeth church. It is the perfect location to sit outside and enjoy one of the many excellent beers on offer during the summer. The owner was very friendly and helpful throughout our trip. He offered us a beer on our arrival (even though the pub was closed) and gave us useful information about the city. The room was clean and well-furnished with a large bed (although the mattress was a little soft). Overall, the guest house exceeded our expectations and we would definitely stay again. The pub is great too.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mikołaj S, Właściciel at Academus Pub & Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Thank you for your stay. You are very welcome again.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Visited Wroclaw for the first time and was recommended to by friends who regularly stay here. Arrived lunchtime on a Friday and was greeted very warmly by the owner serving behind the cosy bar which serve various local beers also snacks and light refreshments. There is a lift to all floors but this is accessible when the pub area is open if closed you need to access the building in a side reception which is located in the adjoining hotel very easy so don't let that put you off as access is available 24 hours. The rooms are fairly standard but the beds we found were really comfortable and clean likewise the bathrooms are roomy and clean and I must say the shower was excellent powerful and clean. The location is superb right on the edge of the main square where everything happens lovely restaurants and a great selection of bars and superb architecture. We hired four rooms sleeping 8 adults for 3 nights worked out at an average of £25 a night which to me is under priced I would pay £40 a night and still see this as tremendous value. Things I liked Staff very welcoming and accommodating. Cleanliness of rooms very good and location superb. Next time we visit Wroclaw this is where we will be booking without a doubt.

Room Tip: Front rooms nice view of Main Street we stayed at rear it was lovely and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your stay . You are very welcome again. Academus

Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

Nice little brown bar with a good selection of beers.
Worth popping in for a swift one if your in the area.
English spoken by staff.
Can't speak about the accommodation as we stayed at The Best Western Hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ApacheF1
Reviewed January 12, 2017 via mobile

We paid for this hotel on Booking.com in advance of our trip which was the first week in December. The hotel was nice enough but upon our return and 3 weeks later I noticed £85 had been claimed by this hotel. After the hotel failed to respond to my email requesting why money had been taken out I had to go through Booking.com for the answer. The hotel claimed that there had been a mix up and a guest with my exact name stayed at the hotel 3 weeks after my stay and this should had been charged to them (such absurd lies). It has now been 2 weeks since the hotel have fraudulently taken my money and I am still awaiting this money to be returned to my bank. They did offer to put the money back into my bank if I gave them my banking details (erm no thanks - I do not trust them to not take further money from my account) Booking.com have said as I am going through them to recover the money it will take a further week for the paperwork to come through to refund me. So we are looking at a month that I am without £85! This hotel is a con merchant in my opinion and Booking.com are a disgrace to take so long to resolve the matter

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lancahirelass
sumedaca, Właściciel at Academus Pub & Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2017

In our opinion also Booking.com is working too long to resolve the matter.
We apologize again for the mistake occurred.

Kind regards,
Academus

Reviewed January 1, 2017

We found the Academus totally by mistake. We glad we did. It was a great small, dinky bar with lots of character and to be honest we were surprised with the choice of drinks inside. The staff were welcoming, the bar area was pleasant and was on two floors.

We'd also found out they had apartments which could be helpful for some.

Worth a visit.