Konin Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hotel is situated near to center of town, rooms are clean enough and equipped with avarage quality things you may need for short stay. Rooms are quiet except hammering noise of heaters when there is heat regulation in system (which generally occurs in early morning). Parking is not free. Internet connection is not bad, but not enough for watching movies.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I spent a night in the hotel. Want to have executive room but due to late reservation all was booked. I got standard room for smookers (I am non-smoker) as last available room. I was surprised. All clean and tidy. Even smoke of cigarettes was not stinking. Bed and equipment old, but for price I've paid can no complaint.
Location few steps from station which is great plus (oned star for location).

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I would say thet its a nice but humble. Basicly rooms equipped in everything you would need in a hotel but this equiplment was simple let say no the top quality. Rooms rather small but enought for one night stay. Bathroom the same - simple but clean. Interior design crude, cold. Hotel is missing that bit of cosiness. Also restaurant desigh according to my opinion unsuccesfull.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I was in the hotel business and I will say that I'm happy with the stay. Clean, friendly and reliable service at a high level. we go into the room and already hitting the entry order, cleanliness and elegance as the hotel of the number of stars. Room well equipped, just in time for nice few days. Restaurant and exactly I want to say about the breakfast buffet at a good and rich level. It is what you choose and I think that even the biggest laggards will find something tasty on breakfast. Exhibit hotel a rating of 5, and I hope that manage to maintain this standard. Decent prices, I recommend

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank GrzegorzRumia
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I have stayed in the hotel for one night, or rather for few hours as needed sleep over after the New Years Eve party.

First of all, the price on the night was double the normal price, just because of the occasion, so I ended up paying 285 polish zl which for a two star hotel is an extortion. Also, for an unknown reason I was asked to pay 145zl of deposit, which I have never ever experienced before during any stay in any hotel in the world.

The double room was very small, L-shaped with two beds located strangely across the room. I've asked if I could have a room with double bed but apparently these rooms are only in the LUXURIOUS rooms, which cost 450zl on that night. The bathroom was ok, reasonably clean but the size of it was almost as big as the room - totally ridiculous.

There is no parking for the hotel guests. I was advised to use a parking round the corner for which I had to pay additionally (as if the 285zl wasn't enough).

The staff in the reception was very cold and unfriendly, especially to my partner who is a black guy. In addition to that, on the next day the breakfast was only served until 11am (even though it was the morning after the new years eve celebration no extension was applied). We've arrived at the restaurant about 10.45 which was a struggle anyway after going to sleep around 4am. The first thing we've heard wasn't good morning but "please not we shut this restaurant at 11 so please hurry up". The buffet was miserable and we were served a portion of scrambled eggs each which was ok.

In summary, a very painful experience for a lot of money. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. The attitude in the hotel is exactly as it was in the 80s, in the deep communism.
The only advantage the hotel has is its location, but even if you have to pay bit more for the taxi I'd recommend staying in one of the smaller hotels on the outskirts of the town. Surely you'd get better value for money.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple