Review Highlights
thought provoking and well worth a visit

Reviewed yesterday
Ali07London
London
Thorough coverage, great artefacts, layout slightly confusing.

David H
Prestatyn, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Warsaw
from US$5.30
from US$63.00
from US$40.70
from US$40.10
3,637 results
All reviews audio guide warsaw rising polish history free entry during wwii second world war two hours old town movie exhibits information sunday footage ruins queue destruction text
Reviewed yesterday

We went to the museum on a Sunday - when it is free to enter. It is open quite late 5 pm ish. It is well laid out with lots of exhibits and info in English which was useful. Lots to see and do with a film and other sound related exhibits

Reviewed 3 days ago

There is certainly a lot of information in the museum, but I could say less is sometimes more. After a while, it felt like I was seeing the same things, the same photographs, the same guns and it became kind of boring. If you're really interested in this part of Polish history then I'm sure you will find it interesting.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Well worth a trip. Heavily populated by school groups as you would expect in term time, and we even had a cavalcade of dignitaries arrive just as we were leaving, all very official looking. I know that this museum will be essential for the Poles, but it is still worth your time as you tour around. The layout is slightly frustrating, but English spoken and written helps you understand what happened in those glorious 12 weeks of fight back. If in Warsaw, go and take a look.

Reviewed 4 days ago

This is a very informative museum on the Warsaw rising. It is absolutely a must see. Once again (as with many museums) I am hit by information overload but that has more to do with me than the museum(s). It is often hard to take in - not least in a case like this when the topic covered is no heavy.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

My partner and I visited the Rising Museum during our visit in Warsaw and we were totally stunned by the thoughtful power of the museum.

My partner (a history teacher) and I were extremely keen to visit the museum but the experience surpassed our expectations.

From the “heart beat” which pulses through the first room to the replica sewer system which were used as highways during the resistance. The variety in presentations and level of detail on this important historical event is excellent. The exhibits
encourage you to engage with them and provide a wealth of knowledge.

The museum has a free cloakroom which is an excellent feature. You should allow at least 3-4 hours for a visit.

Could not recommend this place enough to anyone visiting Warsaw.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We were lucky to visit it at weekday. There were a lot of pupil's groups. and there were a lot of tourists as well. I recommend to spend there a couple of hours to dive into history. It's a sad page...
What's is exciting - just think about what Warsaw was 60 years ago and what it is now.

Reviewed 1 week ago

A must-see for visitors to Warszawa, as it details both daily life during the war, but especially the uprising during the autumn of 1944, when Soviet troops were close but stopped on the other side of the river in order to let the Germans fight the local resistance and proceed to lay just about the entire city in ruins. I visited a Saturday afternoon in early November, and there was a 100 meter line waiting outside to get in, so weekday visits are perhaps better. Tickets are bought at a house in the courtyard, which also sells books and stuff. There is a gift shop in the museum as well, so you might be best off buying tickets first, then seeing the museum, and finally getting the literature you might want to bring home to expand on. Easy to miss; the part which you need to go down along the side of the Liberator hall theatre seats and through the curtains there to find, the "sewer" tunnels on the top floor, and the exhibition below the Liberator, about the allied airdrops to the uprising. From this museum, you can catch a cab over to the Jewish museum if you want to cover both. The Jewish museum is covering up to 1942, while the Rising museum is mostly 1939 and 1944.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Visited here during our city break. It was easy to find. We walked here from the city centre which took about 20 minutes. Very interesting museum with lots of memorabilia to look at. An audio guide in English is on offer for an extra price but staff advised it wasn’t really necessary and we found with all the information provided it wasn’t needed. Just be warned though the museum has running film footage from the war time period to watch which is very upsetting. I was actually quite trawmatised by it! However, it is all part of the history.
There is a lovely authentic tea room within the museum which provided a well needed cuppa and cake after our visit. You could easily miss this though so look out for it. It’s towards the end of your visit.

Reviewed 1 week ago

There were many places in Warsaw that I was happy to be able to visit particularly the 4 museums we went to but this place was my own personal Number 1. Not because The Royal Castle Museum, The Museum of Warsaw or the POLIN Museum were, in any way, inferior to the Warsaw Rising Museum, they weren't but I had done a great deal of reading and research about the subject matter on this particular one and it was absolutely enthralling to be seeing, reading and listening to the stories about the situations thrown up during this massively historic period in Warsaw's story. We were in the museum from 9.15 until 12.30 and could have easily remained for 2 more hours. I'll certainly go back again. Probably with one or more of my grown up grandchildren as everyone needs to be aware of the sacrifices made by the good people of Warsaw of that period in time

Reviewed 1 week ago

It's all a bit disorganised, not a clear path or narrative. Not chronological enough. A bit all over the place. A huge location but every room is a bit like the last. Just a bunch of military displays, films and guns. After a while you just want something novel and interesting. Maybe it's because I already knew the story but I found the whole thing a bit meh. If you want to see loads of Polish nationalism and jingoism on display, try it but there's not much new to learn here. All very morbid. Free on a Sunday but it was rammed with visitors.