“discover the real Warsaw”
Review of Adventure Warsaw

Historic Warsaw Tour by Retro Nysa Van
Ranked #3 of 122 Tours in Warsaw
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Are you looking for attraction? Nothing to do in Warsaw? This is not a regular tour. Old vintage van, unknown areas of Warsaw, adventure, fun, doze of history, culture and food;) Try us!
sydney,australia
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“discover the real Warsaw”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We only had 1 day in Warsaw and used the services of Adventure Warsaw to get the most out of that day.In the morning Rafal took us on a walking tour through the main tourist sites. He brought the city to life with his enormous enthusiasm for his subject matter, detailed knowledge and engaging style.
In the late afternoon we took an express version of "Off the Beaten Path" with Michael who also wowed us with his knowledge, enthusiasm and humour. He gave us such insight into the history of this place and uncovered the hidden parts.
To me Warsaw is not an easy place to love but these two brought the place alive.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Manila
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Warsaw's Rare Breed of Tour Guides”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I usually take number 1s on TA's tour guide list with a grain of salt. Either they're too commercialized or more often than not, free tours with simply the volume to write reviews for them. My relationship with these guys began a month or so before our trip. Right there and then, I knew that these guys were it. Very professional, interesting tour itineraries and definitely not your usual tour company. Seeing how they conducted their tours on their website and with a 70 year old on our group, I just took the plunge, went for it and they didn't disappoint.

Rafal put so much emphasis on the small details of his tours...playing communist era music, making us taste their vodka, and simply by showing us how they lived, where they lived. We were also thrilled that he took us to a milk bar which through our whole trip made us understand what communism was really all about. It was these small details that made me realize these guys new what we wanted and should experience and definitely what every visitor to Warsaw should experience.

Forget about being No. 1 on TripAdvisor, Adventure Warsaw should be mentioned on the travel pages of the International Herald Tribune, The Economist, Washington Post and Warsaw's future edition of the Luxe Guide. These guys are a mix of what's smart, hip and cool in Warsaw.

Special shout out goes to Marta who helped us in the beginning plan our itinerary and to Karolina - our young and brilliantly intelligent tour guide for the second day. You guys are a rare breed.

Being the one that planned this whole trip for my family, I actually feel proud that I picked you guys. Thanks to you all, Warsaw is now on my top 5 favorite cities in the world.

Adventure Warsaw is absolutely promising.

Oh, Marta and Rafal are a couple...Marta owns SLOW WARSAW (No. 2 on TripAdvisor), Rafal and Marta own ADVENTURE WARSAW. No. 1 and No. 2 on the list, what are you waiting for? You can't go wrong with these guys.

1 Thank SXMX
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Tour During Your Layover”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

This tour is amazing! Had a 10-hour layover but they picked me up from the airport and took me all over the city in roughly 4 hours. Amazing sights and incredible information...would highly recommend!!

1 Thank Staci H
Panama City, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This is a must-do in Warsaw”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

This tour was incredible. I had been gone from Poland for about 13 years so visiting it again brought back a lot of memories. Sadly, when I used to live in Poland, I never came to visit Warsaw so when my boyfriend and I had the opportunity to visit the city during our trip, we made sure to do our research on tours, and luckily enough, found this one. Our tour guide Marcin picked us up at the door of our hotel in an old school Communist Era Nysa, one of the few vans that one could buy in Communist Poland for some time. We picked up another group and went to a few different places. The tour consists of driving around, parking the car at some historical point, and the tour guide, in our case, Marcin, explains the history, background, stories, etc, of the city. I learned so much -- as someone who was born in Poland and grew up there for a few years, I had my mind blown by some of the history. Marcin was very knowledgeable and his English was excellent, which was good seeing as how my boyfriend doesn't speak Polish. One of the best parts of the tour was the bar mleczny (milk bar) that we went to for lunch in the Praga section of the city. Going to eat there really brought back a lot of memories for me. Afterwards we had a shot of vodka, enjoyed a beer and Marcin recounted a lot of great stories regarding the city. Finally we went and visited an Old Russian Orthodox church.

It was a great experience, lasting about 4 hours and I would recommend this tour to anyone. It's not just a great tour for Warsaw, but in Poland & Eastern Europe in general.

Side note: don't expect a lot of super touristy things on this tour, like going to Old Town. Old Town, Park Lazienki, Royal Palace -- these are all places in Warsaw you have been told are great and beautiful and yes, you should visit them, but you can do so on your own, without a tour guide. We did this tour because we wanted something non-traditional, off-the-beat, and that's exactly what we got. If you want to see a different side of Warsaw and really learn something interesting, I recommend this tour.

Visited September 2011
Dallas, TX
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“A Great Way to see Warsaw!!!”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Michael (not sure if this is the correct spelling) was our tour guide. He picked us up promptly in his car at our hotel. Originally, we wanted the "Off the Beaten Track" tour but there were not enough people to offer it in their van. So we ended up having our own private tour of 3-4 hours in length. We'd go for a while by car, park , jump out and walk around as he pointed things out to us and then we'd be back in the car and off to the next stop. We got to hear great stories of the history of Warsaw and saw some hidden gems that we would not have seen on our own. We walked through a Bazaar and had lunch at the Milk Bar in Praga. I really enjoyed this as I am Polish and enjoyed the smorgasboard of food that we tried. We were taken to a bar (maybe a club is a better word), if you can call it that. There were sofas and chairs inside and seating outside and the decorating was very unique. Many varieties of beer were available. My husband and I made it back there the following evening.

We also ate at a restaurant next to the Milk Bar called Czarny Motyl. We would never have found it if we had not been taken down this street on our tour. We were staying at a hotel in the Praga area so this made it all so easy to go back and visit.

This is the way to see Warsaw!!! We have great memories! And then go see the Town Center on your own.

Visited September 2011