“Good location, OK hotel”

Mercure Warszawa Centrum
Ranked #16 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Brighton UK
“Good location, OK hotel”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week, for business. It was clean and nice but nothing exciting. Very crowded lobby at some times, since it is right near by Central train station. Great location for touristic visits. A bit noisy, especially because of near-by construction - work starts vewry early. Expensive internet.

Room Tip: If your window is looking to a main street, it will be very noisy
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Uppsala
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Nothing special standard hotel, To high room rate for the hotel standard.

Room Tip: Nothing special standard hotel, To high room rate for the hotel standard.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear nni0060,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the nightly room rates at our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

JAPAN
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I just finished a one night stay at this property. Arranged for airport pick up, taxi ran 60 PLN and took about 15 minutes. Hotel looks small from the outside, lobby was large. Did not get upgraded but was offered free Internet as compensation. Room was on the second floor, close to the elevator. It was a bit noisy on the street side and the view was towards offices located in the shopping mall on the other side of the street., especially since there currently is major construction going on next door. Back rooms might be quieter.Room was a bit dated, standard HI size, bed was soft. Hot water machine was provided complete with all the instant coffees and teas. There was a refrigerator in the cabinet but could only be opened with a key which was not provided. There is an Ice machine on the fifth floor. Bathroom was small. Nothing spectacular here but hotel is very centrally located and everything is within walking distance. Beware of the extra slow elevators.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
stafford
Reviewed 28 April 2012

On arrival, the receptionist was blunt and rude (we had booked through Booking.com and payed in full), restaurant is expensive, we got a note through, saying we had asked for our room not to be cleaned, which was a lie. On departure, they asked us for payment again. When back home we discovered they had charged us twice! They did refund our payment after contact, but we would really recommend you stay somewhere else!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nickthechipbrown
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear nickandvick,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Budapest
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed here for three days. It was okay. Nothing special. It was kind of interesting that we had to pay for the Internet and the on the reception the staff was not very friendly but they have dealt what they had to deal with.

So if you are looking for a clean room and a bed to sleep, it is okay, but do not expect anything else.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Bumbi17,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you liked our hotel location as well as your room accommodations. We’re sorry you received service from our staff which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,
Paris, France
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Well located hotel close to the main train station. Next to the hotel a big shopping mall (medium brands). A casino is at walking distance (5 minutes).
The staff is efficient.
The lobby has absolutely no charm and it is a pity the bar is not in a more secluded area.
The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable. Colours by Holiday inn !
A good choice for business travelers.
Wifi is not free but at a reasonable price (about 6€ for 24 hours).

Room Tip: Room 555 is quite nice with a large double bed..
1 Thank vittoParis
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I recently stayed at Holiday Inn whilst on business in Warsaw. I recommend people avoid this place at all costs. Upon arrival to my room I found the mini bar was locked even though I had pre-paid my room on a company credit card. The hotel demanded I leave my personal card details if I wanted access to the mini bar, I handed over ym card details only to later find out the door to the mini bar was broken anyway and could not be accessed.

The biggest shock of my stay at the hotel came when arrived back in the UK and checked my bank balance, the hotel had charged my personal card for the cost of the room, this was after they had already taken payment from my company credit card for the room. I appreciate mistakes happen, but the way the hotel handled my complaint was utterly disgraceful. I called the hotel and asked why they had charged my personal card for the hotel room, it took 3 times of calling before the member of staff would acknowledge their mistake. Apparently it was an accident, a convenient accident in my opion. I was then infomred the staff member that looiked after refunds had gone home and they wouldn;t be able to refund me until the following week.

The hotel was quick enough to charge both my company card and my personal card for my stay yet could not seem to refund the money quite so quickly. Eventually they agreed to return the funds. After chekcing the funds had been returned to my account I noticed the value of the refund was lower than the amount they had taken from my card in error to begin with, this was due to commission charges by the bank. I would have expected the hotel to refund the full amount including my commission charges, this was their error and in my opinion an attempt to steal from me, one of their customers. The manager, Iwona Surała, has failed to answer my emails to refund the further losses this hotel has caused me.

I will never stay at another Holiday Inn again. The only positive thing I have to say about the hotel is the friendliness of the barman. But I am not prepared to have money stolen from me again. I am sure this is common practise at the hotel and I wonder how many people haven;t noticed what these thieves are up to.

Room Tip: The hotel is likely to try and steal additional funds from you so avoid all rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
12 Thank Rob H
Luiza C, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Rob H,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your review. Every feedback and comment from our Guests is extremely valuable, as it gives us motivation to continuously improve the level of service and product.

We admit it was our mistake to charge your personal credit card and when we realized we were at fault we immediately made the refund. It is also a fact that due to commission charges and exchange rates we were not able to refund the exact amount to your credit card. Due to this we asked you kindly by e-mail to accept our apology offer in order to make it up for the inconvenience you went through. I am happy that we were able to finally resolve this matter yesterday.

Please once more accept our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience. Even though we find calling us “thieves” a bit grievous, we fully understand your irritation with the subject. I would like to ensure you that mistake was not intentional and it is really an isolated case.

I remain at your disposal, should I be of any further assistance and truly hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you in our Holiday Inn Warszawa.

Kind regards