“Excellent stay”

Polonia Palace Hotel
Ranked #5 of 124 Hotels in Warsaw
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We had a lovely stay at Polonia Palace. The hotel is very nice and clean. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. The breakfast is a treat there. The location is very good as well. If we would visit Warsaw again we would definitly stay at Polonia Palace again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank mrsrotterdam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Polonia Palace is a great hotel, stylish, clean, and comfortable. It’s located about 4 blocks away from the train station and the international bus station on Jana Pawla II. The area is surrounded by banks, money changers and shopping malls. You can walk to Warsaw’s Old Town easily. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. The TV set in our room was an old one. They could upgrade to an LCD TV already. Nice sauna and relaxation room included in the rate –plus gym, which I didn’t use.
Strength: The hot buffet breakfast is absolutely amazing, including smoked salmon, assorted cheeses, meets, etc. The best I’ve ever tried.
Weakness: The heating in the room, which is controlled by the guest by a panel on the wall didn’t work all that well. The temperature outside was colder than 20ºC below zero, so we expected the temperature in the room to be much warmer. In the middle of the night we woke up with a sore throat because of the cold air we were breathing in. The response from Front Desk was from disappointing to disrespectful.
I’d recommend it, no doubt.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeoDiCecco_BA
Moscow
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed in Polonia Palace for two nights in March 2012.
The location of the hotel is right in the center about 200 meters from the Central Railway Station if you arrive in Warsaw by train like we did and 30 meters from metro Centrum station. At the same time it's about 10 km drive from Warsaw F.Chopin airport. In any case you won't be lost searching for the hotel, as it is always nearby.
The hotel is one of the oldest in Warsaw, but neither it's age, not it's location make it expensive. In March we paid about 90 eur per night for a standard room and I guess it was worth the money paid.
We checked in about 9 am as our train arrived at 8:30, but it was no problem for the hotel, they offered us several rooms for our choice w/o making us waiting till 12 or 2 pm.
The room (402) was quite spacious, with a large bathroom and two small balconies with a side view over Al.Jerozolimskie and The Palace of Culture (ugly soviet-era building, a 'gift' from Stalin which still cannot be either re-gifted to anyone else or simply broken down) (see my photos). The room contained everything you needed and some extras could be quickly brought in free of charge (eg iron w/ iron board).
The staff was nice and friendly, and all communications with them were always positive.
There's free wifi in the lobby, however no wifi in the room, only cable ethernet, and for some rooms it is charged 1 eur per day, for others - free of charge. It was free for our room but I had to call reception to check for the security code. After that internet functioned perfectly for the rest two days.
Our room was w/o breakfasts, and when we were offered breakfast at the reception for 9 eur/person (btw that was a special offer for us, as the normal breakfast price in the hotel is 18 eur/person), we refused and were right. You're right in the center of the city, and there're many options for having breakfast at the price far lower than 9 eur :). For example, in the underground crossing nearby (30 m from the hotel) is Coffee Heaven, and Starbucks and other options are fully around you.
For the same reason we didn't visit the hotel Strauss restaurant for dinner. Warsaw offers a wide range of inexpensive restaurants with national cuisine, just read my review of Podwale25 restaurant dated March 9th at http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g274856-d797837-r125861294-Podwale-Warsaw_Mazovia_Province_Central_Poland.html and you'll understand what I'm talking about.
The majority of places of interest are within 20-30 minute walk from the hotel. As for shopping: Golden Terrace shopping center is right nearby the railway station, and Arkadia center is within 3 metro station ride.
In gerenal, this is a good 4 star hotel, that we would highly recommend. Although it is more business-centric and we could not fully explore all business facilities that it offers, we still had a great time in Polonia Palace and would like to thank its management for maintaining high quality of service and excellent hospitality.

Room Tip: If you like quietness, don't take rooms facing Al. Jerozolimskie, as this is a noisy central str...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This is very spectacular, one of the oldest preserved hotels in Warsaw. It has been renovated... and its reall "palace" opposite to the Palace of Culture (the highest building in Warsaw), very near to central railway station. Good both for tourists as well as for business. Very good atmosphere.

Room Tip: Try to ask for rooms located in the highest floors. It seems they are more unic than the other.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip to Warsaw. It was booked for me by my company and I was pleased with their choice. The room (I think it was a business deluxe) was clean, modern and spacious. The bathroom was excellent. The hotel pays attention to small details: chocolates on the nightstand, complementary bottle of water, even some office ammenities (stapler, paperclips, etc.) were available in the room. Inroom WIFI and laptop safe and business centre with free printing available. If I had to make some negative comments, it would be that their TV's are outdated and that the room was rather cold at night (but there was an extra blanket in the closet). I also ate dinner at the Strauss restaurant, as I was very tired and could not be bothered to go out in search of a restaurant. Food was prepared very well and very reasonably priced. I also felt comfortable eating there by myself. Service was very friendly, without being intrusive. Breakfast the following morning was also quite good: very large choice of fresh fruit, cold cuts, breads and pastries; also some hot food. However, I would recommend going down to breakfast very early as, by 8 am, the breakfast room was already packed, which was not a very relaxing start of the day.
Location very convenient for my business in the Warta Tower.
All in all very good hotel for women business travelers: I felt safe staying there by myself.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Could not be better located. Next to the main crossroad in Warsaw. The price reflects the location as well. You pay for interior as well. Well-kept all facilities available for customers. One disadvantage is parking place that is extremely limited. Quality service and cutomer is the king rule applied.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed in Polonia Palace in Feb 2012 and although the weather was freezing I had a very pleasant stay. The room was clean and spacious (the bathroom was exceptionally big...) and overall the hotel is of excellent standard. Although the hotel is modern it has maintained some of the charm of the early 20th century when it was originally built (now this starts to sound like a tourist guide.....). My bathroom had a huge window and I was not quite sure if the curtain was totally non-see-through but that's about the only thing on the minus side. I would book this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business