“Not too bad of a dinner. Terrible experience at breakfast”

Best Western Hotel Portos
Ranked #49 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 23 January 2017

I stayed at the Aramis next door to the Best Western. I had a wonderful dinner of macaroni, and my friend had a decent Spaghetti carbonara. I would rate that meal a four.
The service was exceptional, and the waitress spoke very good English and took lots of good care. The next morning I tried to order a breakfast and was happy to pay. The woman who seemed to be in charge could not understand that I wanted to BUY breakfast even though I wasn't staying there. "This is a four star restaurant," she huffed. Embarrassed and not willing to press matters, I ate at another hotel next door. So I am giving a 5 for dinner and "POOR" for breakfast

Room Tip: Based on my breakfast experience, I would not sleep here
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Dear Mr Hank,
I'm happy, that you enjoyed dinner in our restaurant - we're doing our best to serve excellent cuisine for our Guests :)
I apologize for problems with breakfast, I just send an information about this situation to restaurant manager - we will do our best to improve this part of our work.
I hope, that we will have a pleasure to host you in a future.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

The rooms is large and pleasant. The bathroom is modern and clean. There are TV stations in English Language. I really like the food. Four lifts give good access to the bedrooms. Both guys on reception are helpful and efficient. If the bedclothes were big enough for the bed and the staff in the restaurant attentive, my stay would be improved. I have good value for money and I will consider the Hotel Portos again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2017

Dear Peter,
thank you so much for such nice opinion :)
I'm very happy, that you enjoyed your stay.
I hope that we will have a pleasure to host you again!

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

The highlight of this hotel to some extent was the breakfast. Some freshly cooked items such as porridge or omelettes make for a prodigious beginning to the day. The hotel according to the receptionist provides no daily housekeeping in stark contrast to any three star or best western hotel. Indeed it was an effort to call housekeeping to request them to come and clean the room. Even then it was an incredibly poor effort - carpet not vacuumed, bed not made. This is one of the true comforts of being in a hotel; if I cannot have daily housekeeping, I might as well take a much cheaper room through Airbnb. The room was overly heated with no clear way of reducing the temperature. The food in the restaurant was good although we were disappointed to be charged about 2 pounds each for tap water - certainly a first for me in any restaurant. The room provides tea and coffee but no milk portions. They will pnly provide creamer on request, which isn't the best addition to tea.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing our hotel and for your opinion, I'm happy, that you liked our breakfast, location and staff in reception. I apologize about problems with a getting a fan. We will do our best to improve all mentioned by you disadvantages. I hope, that we will have a pleasure to host you in a future. With kind regards Marta Bogusławska, FO manager

Reviewed 3 January 2017

The rooms are small for what you'd expect, with old furniture and tired looking bathrooms. Annoyingly, my shower head flopped around constantly and there was a shortage of sockets available to charge my devices. When it got hot the lack of air conditioning was a problem, and although there were fans available at the front desk it was hard to get a hold of one. Opening the windows meant you'd have a noisy sleep.
There were good things about the hotel though: the Internet worked well and the people at the desk were friendly. The restaurant downstairs served up good breakfasts with an omelette chef on weekdays. Dinners were decent there as well. Not the best location, but it's a 1 km walk to a mall.

Room Tip: Higher floors mean better sleeps
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Dear Miken, thank you for choosing our hotel and for your opinion, I'm happy, that you liked our breakfast, location and staff in reception. I apologize about problems with a getting a fan. We will do our best to improve all mentioned by you disadvantages. I hope, that we will have a pleasure to host you in a future. With kind regards Marta Bogusławska, FO manager

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

-The housekeeping and cabin steward/stewardess, they do not clean the room as needed. They do not clean the glass of the window, they do not clean the furnishings, and they do not clean the room, especially the moquette with the vacum. The bathroom floor, has never been washed with the rag;

-In 5 days, the cabin stewardess she never change the bedclothes;

-The blankets on the bed were not the right measures;

-Only a blanket on the bed;

-The radiator was always off, for this reason so cold in the room;

-In the room there is no A/C in the room;

-The soap, is attached close to the tap of the sink, this does not allow to put the cold water;

-When i come on the first day, was no soap in the box in the shower box; i asked to change with a new one, and they change after three days;

-I asked if i need to pay for make a local call with the phone in the room, and different receptionist told me that was free, and someone else that i have to pay, so i still don't know which one is the true;

-My phone in the room was broken, i asked to solve the problem and nobody solve it;

-One evening i wanted to go to dinner in the hotel restaurant, and it was closed in the suppose open time, nobody give me explanation;

-Two window in my room was broken, so was impossible to open it;

-The handle to change the type of jet in the shower is broken, so impossible to change the water jet;

-When you talk with the receptionist, they talk at you seem bored;

-Before book the room, i sent different e-mail, and nobody answer;

-From the room, i call different time the reception, and nobody answer;

-The wi fi firewall of the hotel, doesn't allowe to open the email provider, and different sites. Also no allwed to make a call with whatsapp.

The position is perfect, taxi always avaible and the bus stop for the centre or the old town, is in front of the hotel.

Next time when i will come, i hope to found this things improved.
The receptionist must be more friendly.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Mattia, thank you for choosing our hotel and for your opinion. Thank You for all of your comments on our work, are very important to us. We will do our best to improve all mentioned by you disadvantages. I hope, that we will have a pleasure to host you in a future. With kind regards Marta Bogusławska, FO manager

Reviewed 7 December 2016

The hotel is located near the buss station and taxi stations. It is also near the super market, around 10- 15 minutes to walk. The hotel itself is a little bit disappointing since there was no small refrigerator. The receptionists are very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Dear Narcinita,
thank you so much for such nice opinion :)
I'm very happy, that you enjoyed your stay.
I hope that we will have a pleasure to host you again!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

The hotel shows care for the guests (tea/coffee/water were waiting for me in the room, even sewing-kit - which almost made me cry))). Very clean, cozy, and ideal bed for a good rest before you keep going with your plans around the city. Not far from the center and there's direct bus line to the airport.
I definitely take it into account for my next visiting Warsaw.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

Dear Sprite,
thank you for choosing our hotel and for so nice opinion.
I'm very happy, that you enjoyed your stay, liked our room and location.
Each day we're doing our best to make our guests stay in Best Western Hotel Portos comfortable.
It will be a pleasure for us to host you again in a future!
With regards