“You need to keep your booking confirmation all the time!”

Best Western Hotel Portos
Ranked #47 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights. When I booked this hotel, the room rate was including breakfast. When I want to check out, the staff told me that my room rate excluding breakfast. I insist that my room rate has already included the breakfast and told them to check again. I just want me to show the booking confirnation to proof it. I booked this hotel from best western website, I don't know how this mistake would happen. Fortunately, I found my confirmation and the staff finally believe what I said. Poor hotel and poor hotel staff! They charged to my credit card without asking me what currency I would like to be charged and charged to the worst exchange rate currency. Be careful!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Guest,
I would like to apologize about problems with your reservation. Sometimes it happened, that offer comes to our hotel system with mistake. Your opinion is very important for me - I will do my best to improve this situation.
Hope to see you again in Best Western Hotel Portos.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

After my flight got cancelled Lot Airlines made me spend one night there, first thing you feel when you enter is the terrible smell the hotel has, from the Lobby to the room! Rooms had no AC/ Heater, and power plugs were all very far from beds, so forget about charging your phone near by unless you bring an extension.

The carpet looked very dirty (maybe that is the reason of that weird smell).

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing Best Western Hotel Portos, I 'm sorry, that hotel did not meet you expectations in 100%.
Hope to see you again in a future.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed three nights in the hotel and there was nothing to beef about. The rooms are really clean and the breakfast buffet is opulent and good. A bus drives from the airport to the hotel, you need 40 minutes with it. Or take a taxi and you pay around 40 Zloty (be careful with taxis, only take the ones with a number on the roof). A bus stop is next to the hotel.

The hotel staff is very friendly and very obliging (except one or two female barkeepers ). I booked the hotel in March for my stay in September and I paid 180 € for three nights, breakfast including and no partial payment. And it was possible to cancellation the rooms on the arrival day (until 6 pm).

It was a really good choice and I recommend it to others.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

With kind regards from sunny Warsaw - Marta Bogusławska, FO manager

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I went to Warsaw for a WE-Trip, 3 nights.
I've really enjoyed staying at this hotel, everything is really clean, rooms are cleaned everyday even tho you go out of your room at 3pm (First time I'm experiencing this in a 3* tbh, really enjoyable), Bed is comfy, TV is big, that was really a nice time spent at this hotel.
Front desk people are nice and will help you if you need anything.

I just have something to really improve the hotel at the best:
-Minibars.. Would be really nice to have some to stock water, food, etc
-Bed cover sheets : Imo they are too narrow, meaning that after a night of sleep it's not gonna cover the bed anymore.
-Lights button aren't placed at the right place, in the middle of the bed, you can light on during the night and it's not really nice :).

Overall it's a solid product offered here, 11-16zl to go to the city center.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Laszlo, thank you for so wonderful recommendation! I'm very happy, that we meet your expectations.
I hope, that we will have a pleasure to host you in a future.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I stayed in this hotel for one night. The entrance to the hotel was not facing the main road for moment it was strange. The interior of the hotel is very good and room was also good. The staff was welcoming and friendly. The restaurant was well organized, I had to wait for dinner since a big group of travelers were keeping the tables and the staff busy. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank sg201412
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for such wonderful recommendation! I'm very happy, that you enjoyed your stay in Best Western Hotel Portos. Hope to see you again in a future.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I had a brilliant stay at the Best Western Hotel Portos! The staff were really friendly and welcoming, and spoke excellent English. The building itself looks a little imposing from the outside, but the interior and room were lovely, and very nicely furnished. The room included tea and coffee making facilities, and even some welcoming toffees (which were very greatly appreciated). Both the room and bathroom were spotless. Towels were provided, and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel has free but slightly unreliable wifi. It is located about 20 minutes from the city centre by bus, but the nearest bus stop (Mangalia) is just 2 minutes' walk away, and provides really easy access to the city centre, the Old Town and the airport. I was travelling alone as a young woman and felt very safe here. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Lilia939
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear Mrs Lilia,
thank you for choosing our hotel and for so wonderful opinion. I'm glad, that you liked our staff and location.
I hope that we will have a pleasure to host you again in a future.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Checked in, quick efficient with good English spoken. Took myself to the room, bed not made, dirty cups, rubbish in the bin, shower used. Returned to reception room quickly exchanged. While I can not fault a quick and efficient change of room this is not expected from a branded chain.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Tripple_Disaster
Marta B, Kierownik recepcji at Best Western Hotel Portos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for nice opinion about ours staff during check in. I apologize about problem with room - it was misunderstanding.
But I hope, that we will have a pleasure to host you in a future.