“warsaw -20c°”

Oki Doki City Hostel
Ranked #2 of 329 Speciality Lodging in Warsaw
Reviewed 14 February 2012

when the weather is very very cold, oki doki rooms are a little bit too much cold. Wooden windows are old with draughts.
Oki doki is a cosy hostel, in the city centre, a short walk to the old town. Close to the hostel, just around the corner, in the main road, there is a good kantor to change your money. If you come from the airport, take bus n° 175 to "Centrum" stop. You have just five minutes walking.
our room (vincent room) was nice, clean and colorful as van gogh room.
We didn't have water in the room for two days and we had cold water fot the other days of our stayng. The last day the manager refunded us as we had a double room without bathroom. Staff is friendly, breakfast is simple but ok. Internet free.
I think it's difficult to find a cheaper accomodation in Warsaw with the same quality.
Go to okidoki in Warsaw + 20C°!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sonia_liguria
Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed in an 8 bed dorm called Santorini and I thought it was starting to look a bit run down. The first locker I was given was broken, one of the mornings there was no hot water and the breakfast was not great as there was a poor selection.

On the plus side, the staff are really helpful and it is in a great location.

Oki Doki is by no means the worst hostel but there are many other places which are doing it so much better.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2012

First stay in okidoki; polite helpful staff, clean and nice rooms i stayed in 4 seng dorm, chillout lounge and bar. I declear 5star hotels bogus, with its stiff clientel.., I will qontinue to choose hostel because of the plesant experiance at okidoki. Thank you!
(Eliza was working, and relly helpfull)

Room Tip: 4bed dorm was great, not sure about 8bed dorm.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank martinreise
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I spend a week in Oki Doki in this summer. I've really enjoyed my visit :) Rooms are really great. I had 7 heaven room - all blue with clouds and so on :) People are nice and friendly, its close to metro and not far from main railway station. I recommend it :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We did not expect a lot of a hostel we knew nothing about beforehand. But the experience was positive. The service was helpful and polite. The interior and rooms were interesting. Each room, I quess, has a special design, at least the rooms in our floor.
Have to say that me and my friend felt a bit old among all the young people but in my head it woke up interrail nostalgia from 80's.
There were no WC's attached to rooms but the bathroom in the corridor was clean and not far away.
In Finnish: Asiallinen ja hiukan erikoinen paikka. Kivasti sisustettuja huoneita. Avulias henkilökunta. Paikka on etenkin nuoren väen suosiossa, mutta kyllä siellä vanhakin pystyi olemaan. Huoneessa ei vessa, mutta kerroksen vessa oli siisti.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2011

This is the standard backpacker place. Cheap, a bar, a communal kitchen and a whole lot of ... international backpackers. We had booked a couple of rooms, including one in the building on the other side of the square. Can't really complain, a nice small room with shared bathroom (with two other rooms), but we never saw the other guests. The pricing is a little weird if you get sent to the other building, since breakfast is not included and you end up paying extra. Breakfast isn't really worth it, so this might be a good thing and you can go eat tasty pastries in the town center. Other than that, it’s no frills and you find this place in all the cities of the world. Warsaw is a great city to visit, and next time I would probably fork out a little more for a nicer place and really make it a stay to remember.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trouble_Agent
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Booked into a private double for my bf and I. We got the 'Magenta Room', it was spacious enough for the both of us plus our large luggages. Room was not too cold or hot. Bathroom was clean, only prob was the water took a while to heat up. Also, we had a tiny TV but only English channel was BBC News. It was a bit noisy in the bar area but we could barely hear a thing in our room. Check-in/out was quick and easy; all staff spoke English and were friendly and helpful. I was emailing the staff months before my arrival asking questions and I was replied to in a very timely manner. There is breakfast of coffee/tea/juice, rye bread, cheese, ham, yogurt. It was ok, if you like that kind of breakfast or if in a rush. There is wi-fi in the whole hostel, plus 3 computers for people to use. There's a bar and a small smoking room.

I recommend Oki Doki Hostel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple