See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 12, 2015 via mobile

It's a nice place for the money we payed, and it's close to the museum of technology (that very high tower that you must see!). But if you want to drink some wine... bring a corkscrew :D They dont have one, and since I forgot mine, I had to improvise with a fork and a knife, in order to drink some of the good Bulgarian wine ;)

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2015

Very clean and well maintained hostel. It is kind of out of the way but the staff is very helpful with finding where you need to go. Wifi worked great in the lobby but had a hard time working in the rooms if you were in the second building

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed in a private room here. The room was large, clean and spacious very much like a budget hotel.

We found the location excellent (15 minutes from the cultural centre) with plenty of bars and restaurants in close proximity where you could always get lunch for 20 zloty. The reception staff were friendly and helpful providing information and maps. A printing service for less than one zloty a page is useful and there are two desktop PCs.

However there are a few minor things I would mention in the hope the hostel could use this as feedback. During the week don't expect a quiet lie in as the children from the school are loud. The WiFi only worked for 2 days of our 6 day visit with reception not really giving a decent excuse for this. Private rooms have no fan or air con so in summer it gets hot, the windows do open wide but there is no breeze. Bed linen was too small for two people and our room wasn't cleaned or restocked during our a six day stay.

Overall I would stay here again and would recommend just a few easy improvements.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2015

First impressions were immediately bad, there was a really nasty smell in my room so I had to keep the window open all night, so I had to suffer insect bites.
The bathrooms were unclean.
And sheets in the room looked like someone had already slept on them the previous day.
Only the location is excellent (20 min. to walk to the city center).
WIFI was good only on the reception.
Not good experience for me.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2015

The positives of this hostel is that it was close to tram stops to bring you downtown (or a 10-15 minute walk), and that it had cheap laundry.

Apart from this, this hostel does not have much to offer. The hostel itself is in a courtyard, which at night is not well lit (not advisable for women). The hostel rooms had a distinct odor that we could only get rid of by opening the windows, and the beds were so old (or used) that the bunk beds all sunk down a few feet. The linens provided were not big enough for the bed, so if you wanted a blanket, you had to use two.

I had the unfortunate event of being placed in a 6 bed dorm with a group of inconsiderate and violent people. From 11pm to 5am, the group yelled at me every 30 minutes for sleeping. At 5am, the group started fighting among themselves, and one of the men hit a women (it was horrifying). I ran to the lobby, where the staff told me there were no more beds available that night. Refusing to return to the room, I was offered the floor in the manager's office. The other guests were NOT asked to leave. Upon asking for a refund on three separate occasions for having to sleep on the floor, I was denied.

I would look elsewhere, and would not recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends