New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“An average hotel made better-than-average by it's location and views” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts

Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Bled
Derbyshire
“An average hotel made better-than-average by it's location and views”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

The Garni Hotel Jadran is a beautiful building with a dated charm, from the climbers that cover the front to the slightly retro decor in the rooms. The views from the balcony are spectacular and the hotel is very well positioned- just a couple of minutes walk from the centre of Bled.

The fact that guests dine in another hotel means the Garni Hotel Jadran is very much used as a base- and guests come and go without seeing each which can make it feel a little eerie. The slightly pokey rooms have only the most basic facilities- which is a shame as if they were better equipped (and with such beautiful balconies) I would have felt able to spend more time at the hotel.

I found the arrangements for meals a little bit confusing and when I was told to go 'across the road' for my meals I first headed to the Grand Toplice Hotel before being ushered out to the slightly less-grand (but conjoined) Panorama Restaurant- where again nothing seemed very clear and I had to fathom the breakfast 'system' for myself as there's a confusing mix of hotel guests and paying public.

Having said that the hotel staff were friendly enough, while those at the Panorama Restaurant seemed a bit rushed- and as others have said- it's wise to get their earlier if you want the full breakfast or dinner range.

All in all, despite my minor grumbles the Garni Hotel Jadran offers good value for money and certainly deserves a better rating. The views and location compensate for the slightly confusing dining set-up and I'd gladly return.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front offer stunning views of the lake but are nearer to the road.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Garni Hotel Jadran - Sava Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Jadran Hotel with us. We are well aware that the hotel is a hidden little gem in need of some serious brushing. We were hoping to carry out some basic refurbishment works by the beginning of this year to offer our guests a more comfortable stay however these unfortunately had to be postponed. We will do our utmost to improve the quality of accommodation as soon as possible.

I would like to let you know that breakfast is only served at the Panorama Restaurant across the street in low season due to low occupancy of the hotel. The hotel has its own small breakfast room and from the end of this week until mid September guests will be able to have their breakfast there. I am sorry that the reception staff did not give you more detailed information about where the breakfast is served.

I am happy that despite minor letdowns you were able to appreciate the positive sides of our hotel. I hope we will be able to welcome you again and that next time you will already be able to see some improvements.

Mojca Krašovec
Hotel Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

This was the second time we vistited Bled and stayed at this hotel. The first time was the year before for my dads wedding and there was a group of 24 of us. The hotel is average and the rooms typical of the culture, a slight pain is having single beds pushed together to create a double, the bathrooms are large and equally the rooms are.
The view over lake bled is fantastic and I would recommend paying slighlty more for a room with a view of the lake. The balconys are a good size and whatever room you are in across the front of the building you wil have a great view of the lake.
The staff are great and the chambermaids ensure the rooms are cleaned during each day and beds and towels are changed.
On our first trip we had breakfast in the hotel and this was good. On our second stay breakfast was served at the siater hotel across the road, this was not so good. My husband and I are not early risers and as breakfast is between 7 and 10 we would get there for 9ish, big mistake. Everyday when we got there the food had run out, with very little left, poor selection of food and drinks and when we asked for food to be replenished the waitresses looked at us in disgust! We were not very happy and complained to them yet little was done.
However the location of the hotel is perfect and a very short walk to bars and resteraunts.
Returning to Bled seems to be becoming a yearly thing and I will continue to stay at the Jadran Hotel.

Room Tip: Pay for a room with a lake view, you will not regret it!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stephanie T
ivinghoe bucks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

The hotel is in keeping with its surroundings covered in a kind of ivy and with pretty balconies . The interior is quite bland and the rooms rather basic but clean. The breakfast though was served across the road in the Panorama resturant of the Hotel Toplice and was very poor with most items missing and staff who could not care less.
Bled itself is a lovely place with wonderful views of the Alps and Lake Bled is very picturesque .There are many fine resaturants & cafes. Make sure to do a day trip to Ljubljana, the capital ,about 1 hour by bus

Room Tip: Try to get room 333 or 433, for wonderful views
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank jcb 1
Brisbane Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

Loved this hotel. Was very spacious - not only in the rooms but all throughout the hotel. Very nice decor; comfortable beds; plenty of hot water and Luka on hand for any advice needed. Location is great - only a short walk to the lake. Breakfast is good and parking is plentiful. Hotel is very clean and would recommend to anyone wanting a comfortable stay in Bled. We also received great responses to our enquiries via email prior to booking.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

We had stayed in this hotel several years ago and, despite the outdated communist era decor, had a room with a fabulous view and balcony overlooking the lake. We had good memories of our holiday there. We booked a double room with a lake view and this had been confirmed by the hotel. However, on checking in and lugging our cases up to the room we found out that we had been assigned a rabbit hutch of a room at the back of the hotel. The two single beds laid "toe to toe" were crammed into a very narrow room. When I asked about our non existing lake view, I was told that there was no longer one available.

Although the service was OK and the room was clean, the hotel badly needs a revamp. The carpets in the room were badly stained and the decor was tatty. I would not recommend this establishment. Certainly not worth 98 Euros a night.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Bled hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

Having stayed at this hotel twice a year for the past ten years standards have dropped considerably. Reception staff are brilliant, efficient and friendly cannot be improved. However one of the main cleaners is incapacitated and hotel cleanliness is none existent. During the 18 days we spent there, the beds were only changed three times and carpets vacummed twice and that was after I asked for it to be done. The cleaner did leave a note writing I hope you are satisfied now. Toilet rolls and soap were like gold dust. Stairs and landings full of cobwebs and dead flies etc.
I dread to think were the toilets themselves cleaned.
The breakfast waitress has now retired and again the standard has dropped. When food was depleted someone had to ask for it to be replaced. This applied to meat, cheese, bread,fruit juice and coffee. Breakfast is served between 7.00 am and 10 am. At 8.30 on the morning we left we were hard pressed to get a slice of bread.
The lift broke down on our second day and for next 16 days we had to climb 4 flights of stairs to our room. (Excuse was an engine was being sent from Italy) By carrier pigeon?
I am extremely sorry to say I will not frequent the Jadran again. I have written to them of my complaints but to date have had no response.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

We originally booked into the Hotel Trst for a friends wedding but when we got there they told us they were fully booked and to head to the Hotel Jadran which was literally just up the road by a few metres, at this point I wasn’t worried as it looked quite nice and the reviews on here for Hotel Trst weren’t that good so I thought it could be a good thing. When we got there the staff were really friendly and they gave us our room (533), which is on the 5th floor. This wouldn’t be too bad but the there were 2 flights of stairs per floor and the lift was out of order! So we lugged a massive suitcase up the stairs which was hard work!
I was eager to see if we had a lake view but because we had the top floor there were sky light windows so you could see the lake but it wasn’t as good as the ones below which all had balconies! The beds were 2 single beds pushed together but they weren’t actually the same size so the one mattress was higher than the other! The bathroom had a skylight window which took so much strength to close because it was so old you didn’t even want to bother! The shower was situated right under the stooped ceiling (as it was an attic shaped room) and my partner being 6ft 2 found it hard to actually shower under the head, even for me it was claustrophobic.
There were lots of things wrong with the room, bad light, no air con (but a fan was provided), a broken old radio stuck to the wall right by your head, not enough toilet roll so you had to call reception who were happy to come to the room in fairness as there wasn’t anyway I was going to walk down and then up 10 flights of stairs again!
Breakfast wasn’t great but there was the usual continental stuff, the one day we got up about 10mins before it closed and there wasn’t anything left, not even any coffee and we couldn’t find any staff to speak to about it so we left it.
On closer inspection of the sign on the lift it looked like it had been there about 15 years and wasn’t a recent thing, so we weren’t too pleased about that and for 94 euros a night the place should have been so much better, I will never know if the Hotel Trst was any better but some friends did say that the Jadran was an upgrade really so I dread to think what the Trst was like.
Although the staff were really friendly it could not make up for the shabby room, bad décor, broken lift and lame breakfast. On the plus side the location was great, so central and the gorgeousness of Lake Bled made up for the short stay, definitely recommend Lake Bled but don’t recommend Hotel Jadran.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple