All reviews old town minute walk boiled eggs secure parking first floor room was large spent two nights great place to stay would stay here again convenient location fresh fruit inner courtyard light sleeper sitting area no elevator small hotel charming city
Reviewed October 30, 2017

We found the place despite roadworks and a malfunctioning gps but were not disappointed with its central location. We were given a warm, friendly welcome and given some good advice on local sights, places to eat etc...
Breakfast was average to OK but Ljubljana is such a pretty city that who wants to hang around your hotel at breakfast time?

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ultramouse
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Perfect location in the city center, very polite and extremely helpful staff, spacious room in accordance with tradition but with renovated bathroom, very clean in general, great fridge with more than fair prices, tasty breakfast - and huge advantage: private parking slot in the city center calculated in the room rate (Ljubljana city center has lack of parking slots).

Would be more than glad to come again, and I will be coming due to my job.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Very good service, nice people are working there. Every day was good breakfast. Very close to the city center, so you don’t need additional transport. At the evening we arrived it was a live music concert and we were invited for free, and it was just amazing!!!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed October 10, 2017

The room is very spacious, clean and comfortable. underground car parking was provided to us on arrival with additional cost. Every thing was good. It is not far from the city center and the river. Breakfast was very good.
Archaeological excavation is going on in the street in front of the hotel

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2017

When I arrived the rudeness of the fellow at the reception was breathtaking. It started when he for some reason pointedly ignored me in the coffee shop and then refused to help me carry my bags upstairs. Although I was only an hour early he kept barking at me to leave my bags as I couldn’t check in. When I asked him to check to see if the room was ready he stormed out and actually slammed the door – he made Basil Fawlty look reasonable. I think that he resented having to look after the desk as well as the café – but who knows. He also neglected to tell anyone that I was waiting to check in. I should add, however, that other staff, such as Mathias, were actually very helpful and very good in their service.
The first night was otherwise fine – but when I tried to get an early evening on my second night (as I had a couple of very long days following) I was awakened by a rock band playing in the hotel café below. It was impossible to sleep or to do any work – in fact the bass was so strong that the lamp on my desk was vibrating. The reception apologised and hoped that they would be finished by 2130 – which they weren’t! – apparently they could not move me to another room. Ear plugs were of no use against Jumping Jack Flash and Sweet Home Alabama pounded out with such enthusiasm. To cap it all of the next morning there was no hot water for a shower (it had been disrupted by the road works outside and no-one had checked).
Folks, there are some things that are very basic – politeness, quiet and hot water are three that are very important. I really don’t understand why there are such good reviews on trip advisor when clearly it is so hit or miss. A truly great city - but unfortunately for me a very bad choice of accommodation.

Room Tip: Not over the cafe
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Slamic, Owner at Slamic B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear Guest,

It makes us very sad when reading your review. We talked to our employee already the same day, regarding his inappropriate behavior. For more than 10 years we are doing our best to give our guests as much pleasant stay as possible, but I guess we fail in your case. We would like to apologize for all the mistakes made during your stay.

Anzej Arnold