“Freshest Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

This is a small family restaurant down a narrow street a couple of blocks off the seafront-our server, obviously a family member, divided his time between a toddler and our table (which was fine, the restaurant was not busy. The enormous seafood platter for two had two large whole fish, lots of squid, a couple of big shrimp, potatoes and veg, plain, no sauces, just lemon wedges. Prices are very reasonable especially for local wine. If you want very fresh fish perfectly cooked, you don’t need to look further.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Imackin

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food
Great service
Good prices
Highly recommended
The truffle pasta is fantastically awesome, if you like truffles you have found nirvana
All the fish, especially Dorado, is superb
If you are in Puran then try this place

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank I2955PGbenb
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We were holidaying in Piran and found this attractive little restaurant in the old town a street back from the waterfront - a place locals would go for a relaxed meal, or so we thought. So we booked, arrived on time and were seated at a nice courtyard table. We were given menus, ordered water and waited. Only two other tables were occupied when we arrived. After a more than usual delay (not a problem - we were on holiday), our order was taken. Then we waited and waited and waited. Others came and the restaurant filled but we noticed that we were not the only ones with no food. So after an hour we asked the waiter who said our food was coming. It did not. We waited another half an hour then told him we were leaving. We went to a restaurant on the waterfront, were warmly welcomed and promptly served.
We had read negative reviews on the Verdi and thought that it may have had a bad night but our experience proved otherwise. There are plenty of nice restaurants in Piran serving fresh fish. Choose another one.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank RVMSydney
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

We saw this restaurant as we walked to the market in Piran. It looked so nice, set in a pretty back alley, that we decided to book a table that evening. We arrived on time and were shown to a nice table. Ordering was a little slow, but nothing to complain about. But then we waited and waited. Other tables were served, but very slowly. Some patrons got up and left but we persevered. We waited an hour and 45 mins but still no food so we went into the restaurant and told the waiter we were leaving. We went to Riva Restaurant on the waterfront and had good service and a nice, promptly served, meal instead. There are many restaurants in Piran. On our experience try somewhere else.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 1, 2018

All seemed to be going well. Delicious wine. Great tap water and the most delicious sea bass. Then everything went pear shape. It took half an hour to order dessert and then as I told him just to bring my bill nearly half an hour later the tiramisu if you could call a large tasteless thing appeared with a complimentary Grappa which I do not drink. When I finally got the bill I was charged for a huge Sea Baa 400 gems plus mineral water. I was not going to argue about the size of the fish as I had eaten it but did query the water which he apologised for. He is the only waiter and it was busy but that is not the fault of the waiter who I presume is the owner. By the way they only accept cash! Needless I did not leave a tip!

Date of visit: June 2018