“Great staff, wonderful location! Highly recommend!!”
Review of Home Made Hostel

and 1 more site!
Home Made Hostel
Ranked #100 of 674 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Traveled with a group of 8, once we walked in we were instantly greater by the fantastic staff who gave us maps, hints, pointers and suggestions. Rooms were cozy, clean and safe. The location can not be beat, right off the metro station and a short walk or subway rode anywhere. Budapest is lovely. Can't wait to go back, and when I do I will stay here again!!!! A little difficult to find (they need a bigger sign) but overall was a lovely stay. Can I say great staff again?!?!?!!! What a gem of a city.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank TokenLP

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I've traveled to 24 countries. Home Made Hostel remains the one where I had most fun ever. The staff ensures that everyone is warmly welcomed and taken care of. They know the city very well and can help you find whatever you would like to do or see. The hostel is conveniently located within walking distance to everything there is to do and see. If traveling solo, you will love this place and meet tons of new people. The hostel organizes outings at bars - MUST DO! The beds and locker space was fine. The bathrooms were not renovated but worked fine. This hostel is best for 18-30 year olds, as most people like to go out at night.

Room Tip: If you don't mind sleeping in a room with other people, opt for the largest - it's also the...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2012

the hostel is very well located and the staff is always available to help. I slept very well, the bed was amazingly comfortable and, even though my room was right next to the kitchen, there was not to much of a noise, Don't know if I got lucky or if it is always like this. In budapest there are no middle ground, there are hostels and party hostels. If you are not looking for the second, i totally recommend this one. Also, enjoy the bar tour organized by the hostel. Is very nice

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank LuanaBarros
Reviewed 10 March 2012

After reading the previous reviews I didn't know what to expect. All those reviews 'best hostel ever', 'feels like home' and 'Amazing..' etc etc made me very suspicious. But in the two nights that I was there I saw a glimpse of how great a hostel this place is.

Pro's:
- Very warm & friendly staff.
- my bed was really comfy.
- my bed had its own light & plug
- there was a small curtain to give my bed some privacy (major thumbs up!)
- showers and bathrooms clean
- location is great. Metro nearby and most places walking distance.

Cons:
-None really :)

It's a small hostel and by no means modern but not run down at all, I stayed in the 8 bed dorm and it was quite spacious. This is no a party hostel but its quite social with people talking and drinking but its strict with the 'quiet after ten' rule. The staff are seriously friendly, seemed to get a kick outta helping tourists, always a plus!
It was perfect for my trip, I love Budapest and really want to return in the summer. I would gladly stay at the Home Made Hostel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is a wonderful hostel to experience Budapest. The location is just minutes away from the Opera house and the Museum of terror. It is also right beside the metro Oktogon and trams go outside as well making everywhere accessible. The hostel is located in a very old building. A tip I would give you for finding it is that it is on the same corner as Burger King. It is very easy to get confused and lose your direction at first.
I stayed in the double room. It was lovely and clean. Linen and towels are included. There was a TV but I didn’t really watch anything there. The kitchen was nice and the bathroom was the biggest I had seen so far on my travels. There are two computers for everyone to use and wifi too.
The staff really make this hostel great. They are so helpful. There was a cooking night on Tuesday and a bar crawl after. They don’t try to force you into going but you know the invitation is there. I went and had a blast, met loads of different people and really experienced Budapest at night. Even though it is a fun hostel there is a lot of respect which I really like. For example its fine for people to be in the kitchen or living room but if it is after 10 people are politely requested to keep it down. I think that is more than fair enough and I was glad to see this. I have to say it was the friendliest place I had ever stayed in. I loved Budapest itself, I found it to be a stunningly beautiful city and I cannot wait to return in the summer months. Well done Home Made hostel!

Room Tip: I liked the double room as it was quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I had never spent more than a week when I was traveling, Budapest was the first exception. And Home made hostel contributed to this fact :D I had great fun staying there, you become friends immediately with the staff and the guests once you step in and sit down in the lounge. The place is beautifully decorated with things that surprise you :D Location was good because after the bar tours we were able to walk back though most people were drunk :P Budapest wouldn't have been so amazing without Home Made :D

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Nice, friendly staff. Right near the oktagon. Close to Jewish quarter, City park and Opera house. Bout 20 min walk to Matthias church in Buda. Hostel has a very homely feel, relaxed atmosphere. Lots of info on things to do and where to eat/drink. Pub crawl was fun. We stayed in the private room for 4 nights and unfortunately our room wasn't cleaned once during our stay. Overall, a good, cheap hostel.

• Stayed: December 2011