“Delicious experience ”

Cuisines: Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Please note that for lunch we serve our 4-courses- and 6-courses menus. Please note that for dinner we serve our 6-courses- and 8-courses menus. Please be so kind to order the same menu for the entire table. Onyx restaurant is a non-smoking restaurant. We confirm your table reservation within 72 hours. We accept only confirmed reservation. Reservations are taken 90 days to the calendar date. Opening hours: Thursday - Saturday 12 noon - last arrival 1 30 pm. Tuesday - Saturday 6 30 pm. - last arrival 8 30 pm. We are closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have booked a table for one person one month in advance. It was very easy to make online reservation and received the confirmation immediately. The restaurant setting requires to dress smart so that is to be taken into account and not to feel out of league.

For dinner you can have Hungarian or Continental European choices of 6 course degustation menus with wine pairing. I have selected Hungarian menu of 6 dishes with all Hungarian wine pairing. Food was great introduction to Hungarian Cuisine with modern twist and interpretations. Wine selection was also good and complemented the food perfectly. The six courses included appetiser, soup, fish dish, main and dessert. It started with water buffalo tartare with white quinoa (I think row) and mushrooms. My favourite was very unique combination of coffee jelly with goose liver pate and duck ravioli. On lesser favourite I should say that fish dish wrapped in bacon was too salty to my taste and it killed the flavour. Wine waring was excellent and once again I am delighted to have discovered Hungarian wines.

Chef offered unorthodox solutions and menu was rich with various plates for different tastes. I left delighted but overfed!

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank grigors
PM_QualityManagement, Vezető at Onyx Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear grigors,

Thank you for very much for taking the time and effort to rate us on TripAdvisor, and for sharing your experience with us and the community.
It is extremely satisfying to hear that you chose our fine dining restaurant for your dinner and gave us your trust. Moreover, I delighted by your kind words and I am even happier to hear how much you enjoyed our Hungarian tasting menu.
We hope you will return to us in the nearest future.

Kind regards,
Onyx Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,844)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went here with my girlfriend. Had the "outside our borders" tasting menu. We also had the wine pairing which we did not regrett for a single moment. There was a nice swedish couple next to us that had the inside our borders tasting menu, which also looked good. At the end the gentleman next to me ordered a glass of whisky so then I ordered a whiskey tasting menu, with glenfiddich, glenmorangie, and lagavulin at the end.

Our waiter was also really nice. He knew his food and whine, but most important he knew his whiskey.

Date of visit: October 2018
PM_QualityManagement, Vezető at Onyx Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Eirik H,

We are pleased that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the tasting menu in the Onyx Restaurant and thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.
Thank you very much your lovely words. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant time with us and you loved our dishes. Moreover, I am more than happy that we could contribute to be an even more marvellous dining experience with excellent drinks.
We genuinely hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future, we will wait you with warm welcome!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food, fantastic service, a complete experience, expectation was high, but the evening in this dream was even more than that. Big tanks to the chef and staff for this extraordinary experience!

Date of visit: November 2018

Dear usj12,

Thank you very much for taking the time and rate on our restaurant on TripAdvisor.
We are truly glad to read your satisfaction with Onyx. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our tasting menu, we always try to provide the best quality.
We hope to see you come back in the future to enjoy our atmosphere. Until then, we wish you the best!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great service and delicious food. Michelin star worthy. attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. Delicious wines with the dining experience.

Dear JayAndFrankie,

Firstly, we are grateful for your feedback. We truly hope, that we could meet your requirements. Thank you for highlighting the delicious meals and the attentive staff. It would be a pleasure to see you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed November 6, 2018

We dined at Onyx at the early seating. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and felt very lush. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The food, overall, was great--some fantastic courses. My dissatisfaction is that the wine pairings were very sweet and by the time we had the dessert course, I could not drink any more sweet wine or enjoy the gorgeously designed dessert bites. We asked if we could take the desserts with us and were told that they were proprietary and we could not remove them from the restaurant. We've dined at many Michelin starred restaurants and this was news to me. Not only that but after we were denied the takeout, they watched our table like hawks--did they think we'd sneak them away? It was a sad ending to a nice meal. My other problem was the fish course was very fishy to me. When asked why I didn't eat the course I mentioned this and our server (I believe the head waiter) simply shrugged and took away the dish. I expected some reaction: "would you care for something else?", "I'm very sorry"; something. We "collected stars" our entire trip and this was the least of the restaurants we dined at (and they were all 1 and 2 stars). This was our least favorite and the most expensive. I recommend Onyx with some reservation.

Dear Ohcandida,

Please allow us to express our sincerest gratitude for sharing with us your thoughts here on TripAdvisor! Firstly, we would like to express our warmest thanks for choosing our restaurant. It is admirable to read that you found our staff attentive and friendly. However please accept our apologise for the little unpleasantness.
Thank you again for writing your feedback! We hope that we can have the chance to entertain you again in the near future!

Kind regards,