“The best”
Review of Game Over Budapest - CLOSED

Game Over Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Game Over is Hungary’s first and only video game museum. We have every single game and console that you can imagine, from Playstation 1 to Pong.You can play our games and of course you can buy games and souvenirs in our shop. Welcome to the past! Soft drinks and snacks are available.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

I used to play the games when I was a child but I would not consider myself us the "gamer". Still I loved the museum. You come and pay 2500 than you can play us much as you want. You even can leave and come back (of course within one day time). There are many games and many consoles. Old mortal combat, crash bendicoot, pacman, street faither etc..The gentleman who is taking care of place is really nice and very helpful, always smiling☺you can buy soft drinks at the place but you can bring your own snacks and drinks.

Jozsef V, Owner at Game Over Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Thank you!:)

in 4 reviews
"museum"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

Did you grow up in the 70s/80s/90s and play games on a console? Want to relive that as well as play all the other consoles your parents didn't buy you? Go here. Do that. Have fun.

Jozsef V, Owner at Game Over Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2017

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

So much fun, went with my partner who isn't a gamer and even she loved it! Really good fun loads of consoles to play.

Thank you!:)

Reviewed March 25, 2017

At first I was skeptical of this idea as I was brought here by a friend who is a gamer. My first impression was that I would be here about 30 minutes and I would by then be bored. As the staff greeted me I was surprised at how excited, chatty and happy the guy was. Not something I was used to in Budapest. I bought a soft drink and proceeded to walk down the aisles and look at the selection of video games. The way the place works is you pay an entrance fee. After that you can play as much, or as little as you like. If a game is available you can move a chair over and pick up a controller and get at it. It didn't take my friend long to find something that caught his eye. I kept walking around and taking it in. I guess I was being stubborn. Then I finally gave in and picked a quiet corner and started playing a game I used to play as a kid. I started remembering "Oh, this is where I have to jump over that thing and shoot that bad guy". Then the tortured expressions of a kid playing a video game returned to my face. The concentration of the repetitive motions while waiting for the next move. The joy of making it to the next level. And then the downright depression of losing and having to start back at the beginning. I had to remind myself I couldn't pound the console or throw the controller. I guess that's why my controllers never lasted?
So after a few more games I realized the 30 minutes had turned into 2 hours. Only out of sheer eye strain and frustration did I leave Game Over. Would I return? YES! I would like to see them get a few more games in their repertoire, especially NES games, and maybe some Atari, but that is my personal opinion.
So if you're a kid at heart, then check this place out.

Jozsef V, Owner at Game Over Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Thank you:) see you again!