Game Over Budapest - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Good fun with a bunch of mates

Reviewed October 8, 2017
BrettT420
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
Game starter :)

Reviewed October 7, 2017
sveto29
Rijeka, Croatia

All reviews nes gamers childhood play fun museum
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

As the titel might suggest, we were at the door 5 minutes ago.
We could not find the attraction so we asked advise at the info point nearby. The Budapest info guy told us this museum has closed shop forever. There is no more sign outside or nothing.

4  Thank Jens C
Reviewed October 8, 2017

Really fun for playing multiplayer games with ya pals. Went with a bunch of Aussies, wrecked me at Mario Kart on the NES but I won at the pre-FIFA game. Mostly NES, Sega Mega Drive, N64, for someone 21 years old all beyond my time but really fun to see what games our ancestors used to play and for those old enough to remember, a real nice walk down memory lane.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

Nice collection and very nice collection of rare game machines. You can play good, old games and enjoy in real 8bit space and 8bit sounds. Thank you

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Filled with many old consoles for retro game lovers to enjoy / get nostalgic about.
+ The owner is very nice.

Although it would have been nice to have some cooling inside.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Interesting place with huge collection of gaming consiles. Everything from pong till PS2.
Few suggestions: you should add the second gamepad on battle city 1990 and start to sell drinks. It is hot down there during summer.

Jozsef V, Owner at Game Over Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Reviewed August 15, 2017

We stumbled upon this place by accident, and stayed for hours! This unassuming basement houses a vast collection of game consoles from the 70s, 80s and 90s - if you were a child during any of those decades or just have an interest in the early days of computer gaming, you will have a blast here. We had so much fun revisiting our childhood games, as well as trying all the sweet hardware we all wished we could afford back then.

1  Thank Futt
Jozsef V, Owner at Game Over Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Reviewed August 8, 2017

the place is an underground room that has a collection of old consoles. not really worth travelling there to visit it

1  Thank NeoklisStylianides
Jozsef V, Owner at Game Over Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Thank you! Yes this is an old collection thats why we are RETRO videogame museum:)
I think Everybody loves this underground room Who loves retro videogames :) and loves play with them.

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

A must for anyone who grew up with computer games in the late 70's and onward. They have a huge selection of computers and early consoles AND YOU CAN USE THEM!! I missed the ZX Spectrum, Amstrad, Atari ST and Amigas, but they have an insane amount of obscure consoles. I'm 42 and absolutely loved it. My kids (10, 7 and 6 years old) spent 2 hours in there.
The museum is a bit small, so tryk to go there outside praksis hours.

Jozsef V, Owner at Game Over Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Thank you!! :)
I hope see you again:)
Jozsef Varju

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

I used to play the games when I was a child but I would not consider myself us the "gamer". Still I loved the museum. You come and pay 2500 than you can play us much as you want. You even can leave and come back (of course within one day time). There are many games and many consoles. Old mortal combat, crash bendicoot, pacman, street faither etc..The gentleman who is taking care of place is really nice and very helpful, always smiling☺you can buy soft drinks at the place but you can bring your own snacks and drinks.

Thank you!:)

Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

Did you grow up in the 70s/80s/90s and play games on a console? Want to relive that as well as play all the other consoles your parents didn't buy you? Go here. Do that. Have fun.

Jozsef V, Owner at Game Over Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2017