“Great find! ”
Review of Meatology Budapest

Meatology Budapest
Ranked #13 of 3,703 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Description: MEATOLOGY has come to life behind the Basilica as a result of this world experience and the Pataky brothers’ effort to bring real homey tastes of their childhood back. And finally here comes our philosophy: SLOW FOOD, FAST. That’s it. Come in, taste it, it’s fast and awesome. Bloody awesome. Péter Pataky - Chéf | Tibor Pataky - Manager
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Burger was amazing, duck with cottage lasagne a revelation and good wine. Friendly staff, well worth a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Meatology offers traditional Hungarian food with huge portions! The steaks start at a whopping 600g so I recommend you go hungry! I had a few glasses of the meatology wine which was lovely with the pork knuckle.

My boyfriend and his father had a few glasses of beer - they tried 3 in total - the first was a larger which was very light, the second was very fruity and the third was somewhat yeasty. They offer a beer for all pallets.

They offer two sauces which come with a warning, try the yellow before the red, LISTEN TO THIS WARNING! I love spicy food and the red sauce did not disappoint! I record trying them both!

The staff here were friendly, spoke English fluently and were eager to please. The food was reasonable in price and I enjoyed the wine.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the best steak I've had in a good long time. Ordered the NY strip to share with my husband, and add on the yellow big sun chilli. So beautiful, wonderfully balance taste I haven't tasted in a long time. Thank you for this experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were here for a full hungarian breakfast one day and it was so good, that we decided to return for dinner. We tried some burgers and some of the "real dishes" and they were just fantastic. All the meat was good quality, and cooked and season perfectly. I was trying to pick something I would recommend above others, but we had good beef, pork, rabbit and chicken, so I suggest to just decide based on what meat you like.

The drinks menu fits the food well and the service and atmosphere are very friendly, so you can spend a great evening here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a rib eye which was delicious, well cooked and flavored. The waiter was not only very kind but also knew German pretty well. The overall appearance doesn't do the quality of the food justice, but it is definetly worth to give it a try.