“Great for both breakfast and lunch”
Review of HILDA Budapest

HILDA Budapest
Reserve with OpenTable
HILDA Budapest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #219 of 3,736 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: FOOD & MOOD Wonderfully fresh, clean food in a truly pleasant atmosphere. With style, without pressure. Enjoy the freshly recreated interior of a historic building designed by Jozsef Hild (see also: Basilica). A familiar, but not an everyday encounter. ROTISSERIE & SPECIALTIES Free range chicken, organic duck, steaks are being prepared in the open kitchen rotisserie. The highest quality ingredients from the best local organic farms, artisan bakery etc. Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegetarian dishes. Clean taste, clean eating. DAY & NIGHT Breakfast, lunch menu, brunch, dinner dates, parties and private events. HILDA may show a different side each time of the day, but there is always a welcoming smile to please. Reserve an experience!
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

I had never tried it before but since my friends and I couldn’t get a table at my favorite restaurant (which is near by) we decided to try Hilda for breakfast. They don’t have as many breakfast/brunch optjons, but they are good, and you can add bacon, salmon, duck breast, mushrooms,... to your order.
Lunch: we went there a second time this week because we liked it too much and half of us ordered breakfast (before 12 o’clock) and the other half waited until after 12 to order the lunch specials. The lunch menu is pretty affordable and we were, again, very happy with our orders.

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank anecarolined
HILDA_Budapest, Manager at HILDA Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Dear Ane Caroline D,

I am happy you found us and it is so great that you came back twice! :) Since you liked both the breakfast and the lunch, I must mention that we offer great dinner too, and will soon introduce the spring menu, which will be delicious. Our lunch options change weekly and they are also seasonal selections. Thank you for your visit and the nice review! Enjoy your travels! :)

Kind regards,
HILDA and friends

Reviewed January 21, 2018

Tasty and fresh food, great coffee in a relaxed atmosphere.
The service is excellent and very kind.
The restroom is small but clean.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank skfanni
HILDA_Budapest, Manager at HILDA Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Dear SKFanni,

I am happy you found us and enjoyed your meal, your coffee, the service and the atmosphere. Thank you for raking the time to write your review! Hope to see you again soon! :) Kind regards, HILDA and friends

Reviewed January 17, 2018

This restaurant emanates quality. Service is professional and slightly formal. Food is abundant, but seems very fresh and high quality. Four of us went to have coffee there and my spouse order a dish - it looked and tasted so good I wish I had more than coffee. In any case it is a good place just for the coffee break with great espresso. They make it as you wish.
Being impressed, we took a group of 13 people there for lunch a few days later. Everyone was impressed. From tasty duck, to very nice sandwiches, they have a very good menu that begs you to come back to try other things. This is high Hungarian food at its best.
Being a US visitor, this restaurant would be considered cheap in the US, but probably ally too expensive for the normal Hungarian citizen. However, we found going to the next level above the common fared restaurants, you get so much more, better food, quality service, etc. That's why I returned to eat there again.
I sometime judge a restaurant's quality by their bathrooms. This bathroom was almost elegant and spotless.
I could see that if I lived in Budapest, this would become a favorite place for me - coffee, lunch, or dinner.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Richard B
HILDA_Budapest, Manager at HILDA Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

Dear Richard B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! This is exactly the experience we aim to provide to our guests. :) I am so glad you found us and returned multiple times - having a bit of different experience each time, having a coffee, a breakfast, a lunch or a dinner with a date, friends or maybe just alone during a working day. I am proud that our staff and the dishes satisfied you and you left with a pleasant experience and good memories. Hope you are having a nice time in Budapest! Thank you very much for your valuable feedback!

Kind regards,
HILDA and friends

Reviewed January 11, 2018

Located in the heart of the 5th district, close vicinity to the Four Seasons Hotel you find this cute gem Hilda. The interir is very posh and designed to perfection, very welcoming at a certain point. The staff is attentive and service is fast. The food is really good, they have an open show-cooking area which gives it a little extra. We had some poached egg brunch which was good but still missed something to it... The side dishes or veggies were too plain... Bit on the pricey side but its still worth if you want to have a posh experience.

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank TerraExplorator
HILDA_Budapest, Manager at HILDA Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear TerraExplorator,

I am happy you found us and enjoyed the experience, and liked the interior, the service and the food as well. Indeed, our kitchen prefers to bring out (or maintain) the original taste of the quality organic ingredients, I guess "plain" is quite a precise description. :) Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I hope you enjoyed your stay in Budapest and your visit to HILDA remains a good memory. Thank you for coming!
Kind regards, HILDA and friends

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Perfect place for breakfast and lunch! I recommend duck, which is cooked for 2 days and is very tasty. Nice atmosphere, beautiful interior, clean toilets. Birds are singing inside. Located in the center.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Novoselova A
HILDA_Budapest, Manager at HILDA Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Dear A Novoselova,

Thank you for the kind review! It is truly fabulous to have such a perfect feedback as our 100th review on this site! :) Just a perfect time to celebrate (even the birds are singing prouder today)! :) Looking forward to serve you again! Kind regards, HILDA and friends