NH Budapest City(Budapest)
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
US$193
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

Corinthia Hotel Budapest(Budapest)
US$135
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

US$112
US$98
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments(Budapest)
US$137
US$88
Priceline
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$231
US$184
HotelsClick
US$538
US$494
Cancelon
5,246 results
All reviewsrussian restaurantsmall squarefree coffee and watergreat hotelold palacenational museumminute walkreception staffjunior suitequiet neighborhoodlounge areakalvin terbreakfast roomwalk in showerbreakfast was excellentsparkling winemodern hotel
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 3 nights recently when visiting Budapest.
I will tell you the only negative of the stay...the pillows were hard. When asked about getting more pillows (hoping it would help), they were there in a jiffy.
Okay, so now let's get to the real stuff. The hotel service was phenomenal. I booked the hotel online from Canada. The service was excellent! Questions were answered fully and very politely within great time. I received an email days before I was to arrive telling me that they were looking forward to hosting us....I let them know I would be arriving by train quite late...and voila an email came offering to book the service for me! When we arrived the wonderful service carried on...from everyone at reception to the diningroom and housekeeping staff. Each staff went out of their way to make sure you were well taken care of. Lots of assistance with how to get around Budapest, to locating various attractions, etc. I can't say enough about the service...I was very, very happy.
The decor of the hotel is fabulous....whomever decorated it did a great job...classy, yet comfortable. Super clean and welcoming.
The accommodation includes breakfast...and this is a darn good breakfast! Fresh juices already squeezed available...or you could squeeze your own! Hot and cold choices with lots of fresh fruit. Pastries were super good (okay maybe a little too good, my waist didn't really need the 2 that I seemed to get into me each day). During day hours complimentary coffee, tea and water available in the bar....which is a nice spot to plan your day! Free internet and computers available to assist in that planning too!
The hotel was close enough to walk to most attractions or to catch a hop on hop off bus to get you where you needed to go.
I would recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank cindy l
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Spent 3 nights at this wonderful hotel. Location was excellent about 15 min walk to main tourist area. Hotel situated in quiet, safe leafy square. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nicely furnished and modern but we had a few small issues. The room we had 320 was quite small. Although the bed was kingsize the mattress was too firm and the pillows cheap hollowfibre ones. This was disappointing we would have expected better quality ie; feather & down pillows with better neck support. Made a restful sleep difficult. The TV in the room was too small (20ins) and only showed 2 English speaking channels even though there were many English speaking guests. The bathroom was first class although would have liked a bathrobe to go with the slippers provided. Breakfast was out of this world and the choice was unbelievable, something for everyone. The staff cleared & replenished all the time even with a few minutes spare to end of service. Used the Airport Shuttle Bus at the airport which cost £15.00 for 2 persons.Receptionist spoke English and understood where we wanted to go. Excellent service, waited 5 mins and shared a mini bus with 2 other couples going to same area which took 30 mins to our hotel. No need to book this in advance just go to their desk once through customs. Return journey booked taxi through hotel cost similar price. Must mention 2 really good restaurants we visited and had excellent food with wine/beer for between £20-£25 for two. Don Leone (Hungarian) just up the street opposite the hotel, a small bistro in a cellar with seating both in & outside. Does not look much from the outside but food & service brilliant. Also the Trattoria La Coppola a Sicilian restaurant again great food for £25. Budapest is a lovely place but wear good walking shoes as cobbled streets. Visit the Hungarian National Museum 10 mins from hotel which is interesting, St. Stephens Basilica & Vaci Utca for shopping. Also go to the Castle district over the bridge and visit the Hungarian National Gallery and Matyas Church. You get much better photo opportunities on this side. Hope this all helps. Loved Budapest with its warm friendly people.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 67caj33
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Wife and I have just stayed 4 nights at Palazzo Zichy. Besides its perfect location it is very quiet. There was no traffic noise. The staff have been on a friendly tonic and always willing to help. Rooms very clean and modern . Nothing tired about this place. Excellent breakfast but did find the breakfast room a little cramped when all the tables were in use.
A bonus was the free secure wi-fi. Very strong signal and fast. Should we return to Budapest (and we will) would definitely return to the Palazzo Zichy.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear „McLeodnz”,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your short Budapest-stay and our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and the services provided by our staff met or even exceeded your expectations. Your kind words and compliments are highly appreciated, a special thank you for highlighting the quality of our free wireless internet.
It would be our greatest pleasure to have the opportunity to welcoming you again, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, should your plans bring you back to Budapest!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The reviews are spot on. Very impressive when you first walk in. Reception staff friendly, efficient and speak english well. Rooms are clean and modern, comfortable size. Bathrooms large and sleek. Mattress on the firm side. Free wireless internet worked well. Breakfast was excellent with many choices. Location was about a 25 minute walk from the Danube/tourist area. I loved walking the different streets on the way to the Hotel....allowed for seeing the residential side of things and discovering pubs/cafes. It is very close to the main market and would recommend a visit there to taste the local specialities (2nd floor),
We arranged airport transfer through a trip advisor recommendation: budapestairporttaxi.com (mr. Puli Alajos); the cost was $24 one way....very prompt email communication along with prompt and efficient airport transfers.
We did the Segway tour.....lots of fun and gives you a good overview after we arrived;
We stayed at the Sofitel in the tourist area last year and, although the view of the Danube and nighttime lighting was beautiful. I enjoyed staying further from the main tourist area during this visit.
Sorry, i rated the pool as terrible.....can't seem to remove that rating.....there was no pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear „mountainview”,

Let me thank you for your throughout positive feedback posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I was sincerely glad that you had been happy with our location and shared your opinion with the travelling community it regards.
Thank you very much for your patronage and I sincerely hope the next opportunity to serving you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights and cannot fault Palazzo Zichy. Everything was perfect - and that doesn't happen often!

The staff were friendly, knowledgable and attentive. The rooms were spotless and comfortable, and the hotel modern, fresh and welcoming. Breakfast was amazing - everything you could possibly want including fresh herbs for you to snip into your omelette!

Within walking distance of pretty much all the main sites, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank DH-M11

Dear „DH-M11”,

Herewith I would like to thank you for your kind feedback posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel and for recommending us to the travelling community. I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us. Your generous review is highly appreciated and I do hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!