“Small but pleasant in a beautiful hotel”
Review of Lobby Cafe & Bar

Lobby Cafe & Bar
Ranked #1,458 of 3,708 Restaurants in Budapest
Neighbourhood: District I / Buda
Neighbourhood: District I / Buda
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Like the Budapest Hilton itself, the lobby bar was beautifully decorated with excellent service. A nice repast after a busy touring day.

Reviewed August 15, 2018

A nice hotel bar with a great view of the ruins of the Dominican abbey. The goulash was very so-so and the meat was tough and gristly. Would recommend that you stick with a drink.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Although we did not stay at this hotel, we went in for a break from the weather and the lobby bar is great. We got a few drinks and enjoyed the ambience. The staff was very friendly including the bartender.

While I cannot comment on the hotel’s rooms or overnight stay, I can say it’s a nice place to take a quick break and re-charge!

Reviewed June 2, 2018

Every time we have visited the Bar, the drinks have been wonderfully refreshing and good...and the people working the bar have provided excellent service each time always with a smile and great attitude.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

For about a year and a half now, we have been coming to the Lobby Bar inside the Hilton Hotel.
I have been there with friends, relatives, by myself and with colleagues, on numerous different occasions.
My first impression was that the place was a bit outdated, with relatively old and green sofas and couches. However, even though the interior does not seem to attractive, the bar food is quite nice. I remember the Cesar's salad, the club sandwich, several different cakes and deserts and they were all exceptionally good. A few times I have tried cocktails here, such as a margarita, a mojito and an old fashioned. OK, this is not a fancy cocktail bar, but the quality and taste of the drinks has constantly been good. The staff, not only of the hotel bar, but the entire hotel, is extremely friendly and helpful, a most pleasant experience. At this point the lobby bar is operating in a very reduced form, due to renovations. However, they are announcing the re-opening for mid-April or early May. What's missing here, for such an elegant hotel, is a grand piano! Not a bad place at all and worth a visit!