“Best place ever”

I55 American Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 3,736 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$3 - US$34
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: We travelled across America’s wide highways to find the best burger, the best barbecue and as our newest passion: the best deep dish pizza. In every genre we have found our favourites, and the time has come to introduce them at one place. This is how I55 American Bar & Restaurant was born and had got its name after the highway Interstate 55, which divides America from North to South.
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

We went for a girly dinner with my bestie yesterday. The food is to die for and staff is amazing. Shout out to our incredibly attentive server Kitti, who made our dinner unforgettable. :) I think I've found my fave American restaurant in the city.

Date of visit: October 2018
Ildi_BBQ, Közönségkapcsolati vezető at I55 American Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your time here! We hope to see you again soon! :)

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Visited for dinner, staff were friendly and attentive but food was not good at all. Very processed and not tasty. I had tacos and my partner had the burger which looked awful.
I would advise to avoid.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thank you for sharing your experiences! Every day we work hard to give the best to all of our guests so your feedback was really helpful in improving our services. We hope you will come back to our restaurant soon for a better experience!

Reviewed October 6, 2018

We saw this restaurant when we were on the Hop On Hop Off Bus tour. Since we are from St. Louis and love Chicago deep dish pizza...we HAD to try it for fun. The waitress was more than nice and very friendly. We had some refreshing beers on a warm day then we ordered the deep dish pizza. All in all not too bad. Not Chicago Deep Dish quality but a pretty good representation. We went inside and found a tribute to St. Louis with a large wall mural of the Gateway Arch. It made us feel like we were home when we were so very far from home.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Greeted by very friendly staff that are very attentive and took our orders fast food was lovely would recommend to friends

Reviewed September 27, 2018

We tried this place as we lived near by. It's nicely decorated, nice music (in my taste) and a good service. Seeing as I'm a vegetarian I had a hard time finding anything to eat (even the salads have meat), but the waiter was kind enough to arrange for a salad without the meat (and added in some croutons and more of the veggies I asked for), so I had salad & fries. My mom had a burger. We also had fresh lemonades that they make there, which were great, too.
The food was fresh and tasted good, the service was great and it was nice to finally have a waiter with good english (surprisingly tough to find in Budapest). They weren't as cheap as authentic hungarian restaurants, but the price was very reasonable.
Would recommend for meat-lovers who enjoy the "american diner" type of restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your time here! Next time, try the "No meat please" deep dish pizza, that is absolutely meat-free. ^_^