“Very happy”

Neighbourhood: Terézváros
Spain
“Very happy”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We were recommended here by the lady at the Opera Garden Hotel nearby and were not disappointed. It's obviously a popular place, but they found us a table and the manager took our order and was helpful with the wine choice. I had the goulash and my wife had the duck, both cooked perfectly with pommes dauphinoise and dumplings.

After the meal the manager was chatting to us and when I asked him what palinka was (sort of brandy/schnapps - Hungarian speciality) he happily produced a complimentary glass.

A very good restaurant. Not cheap but well worth it.

• Visited March 2012

• Turkish first
Espoo
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Very good service, great atmosphere and good food.
Nice and cozy.

Visited March 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Absolutely Wonderful”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I was in Budapest for only one week and we actually came here twice.

The first time was for a special goose dinner. The goose dinner was fantastic. The goose was perfectly cooked and very tasty, and what seemed like very modest sides (mashed potatoes, steamed red cabbage) were actually REALLY AWESOME. Seriously, best cabbage I've ever eaten. The appetizer (foie gras and goose fat) was delicious but the portion size was enormous and somewhat intimidating. Not bad though, considering that it was the only complaint about the meal. We also had wonderful desserts and lovely Hungarian wine pairings.

We were so excited about this first meal at Cafe Bouchon that we returned two nights later to eat a meal from the regular menu. I had an entree from the daily specials, a pork tenderloin with ramps, and once again it definitely did not disappoint.

This place has wonderful food but the part that really made it superlative was the service. We were mostly served by the manager, Lajos, and he clearly cares deeply about his job and making customers happy. Reading the English translations of dishes on the menu made them sound good, but when he would describe them for us I wanted every single dish.

If I'm ever back in Budapest, this will be the first place I come to.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank queequegx
“Without a doubt a must”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

A real gem in the heart of Pest, not cheap, but worth it!
Their Goose Liver is a legend, the Pepper Steak is one of the best steaks in town, and I haven't heard of anyone who was disappointed from a dish there for almost 7 years.

Visited March 2012
Budapest, Hungary
“Subtle complete service with excellent food.”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I was referred by a friend and took his word for it. I wrote an E Mail to reserve a table and gave exact instructions for a certain wine, how it is to look upon entering, with decanter and hors d'oeuvres, I also ordered a cake for desert with a candle on it.
I needed to say nothing upon my entering, all was set up and ready to go, very impressive. The waiter spoke near perfect English and referred us to the daily menu.
I ordered the Veal neck with rye potatoes and spinach, my Finance ordered the duck with home made potato dumplings and cherries. I have seldom had such a fine piece of meat, never in Budapest.
I can highly recommend this restaurant, especially if you have a special request, incredible!

• Visited February 2012